Recruiting

Eagle's Claw

I don't understand the blame game on the turnover in staff... UA had turnover in one of their coordinators, and still landed the #1 class. I don't think this has any weight as to why we had a down year. It seems to me that Al Borges was weak in recruiting and this may have also contributed in his dismissal. I think UA's staff out recruited/worked AU's staff this year. I hope this is a wake up call for AU to get back to work. In the past UA was on probation or had internal issues w/ coaches, which had given AU an edge. Coach Saban is a top notch coach that is going to work just as hard as anyone in the country. I think we looking at more equality btw the two teams re: talent and speed after this yr's class.

I don't understand the blame game on the turnover in staff... UA had turnover in one of their coordinators, and still landed the #1 class. I don't think this has any weight as to why we had a down year. It seems to me that Al Borges was weak in recruiting and this may have also contributed in his dismissal. I think UA's staff out recruited/worked AU's staff this year. I hope this is a wake up call for AU to get back to work. In the past UA was on probation or had internal issues w/ coaches, which had given AU an edge. Coach Saban is a top notch coach that is going to work just as hard as anyone in the country. I think we looking at more equality btw the two teams re: talent and speed after this yr's class.

Turnover in coaches was used as negative recruiting to make recruits worry about CTT's future at Auburn. Early rumors regarding CTT going to Texas AM and Arkansas started it, then assistants "leaving" was used to imply that there are problems at AU and that CTT is indeed waiting for the next plane out of town. The actual loss of Muschamp did take us out of the running for several recruits due to the sheer fact that he is one of the best defensive coordinators in CFB, and as a recruiter there are very few coordinators who are better. Bammer losing a hack like Applewhite doesn't compare on any level with us losing Muschamp. The switch to Franklin did some damage because it presented an enormous shift in offensive philosophy, we had very little to show of Franklin's offense so opposing schools could basically come up with any BS they wanted concerning our new "HS offense."

I mentioned this already in another thread. I think the difference is that the coordinators Auburn lost were perceived by recruits as a bigger deal than the ones Bama lost.

Most of the experts are saying that Muschamp's departure at least cost us Jerrell Harris. It likely cost us 2-3 more. We know that losing Borges (and not replacing him with guy perceived to be more run oriented) cost us Enrique Davis.

Losing Applewhite and a TE coach (Middleton) isn't exactly on the same level as losing Muschamp (or even Borges). Neither Bama's overall offense nor their TEs scared anyone last year. Muschamp had the 6th ranked defense in the nation. Borges had been declining, but people still remembered 2004 and 2005 not to mention the players on offense the last few years who are now in the NFL.

Not to mention, Saban replaced Applewhite on the recruiting trail with Lance Thompson who has been a good recruiter for years, so that was a wash at the worst. The main thing is, losing Applewhite didn't bother anyone. In fact, it may have been addition by subtraction.

In other words, it's not about the relative recruiting abilities of the coaches lost, but the perception of how good they were at their jobs as coordinators that made the most difference.

Turnover in coaches was used as negative recruiting to make recruits worry about CTT's future at Auburn. Early rumors regarding CTT going to Texas AM and Arkansas started it, then assistants "leaving" was used to imply that there are problems at AU and that CTT is indeed waiting for the next plane out of town. The actual loss of Muschamp did take us out of the running for several recruits due to the sheer fact that he is one of the best defensive coordinators in CFB, and as a recruiter there are very few coordinators who are better. Bammer losing a hack like Applewhite doesn't compare on any level with us losing Muschamp. The switch to Franklin did some damage because it presented an enormous shift in offensive philosophy, we had very little to show of Franklin's offense so opposing schools could basically come up with any BS they wanted concerning our new "HS offense."

Great post.

Negative recruiting was played on Bama as well. How many times did we hear Saban to LSwho,Michigan,WVU? The crap slung around was idiotic. It won't be the last either.

I mentioned this already in another thread. I think the difference is that the coordinators Auburn lost were perceived by recruits as a bigger deal than the ones Bama lost.

Most of the experts are saying that Muschamp's departure at least cost us Jerrell Harris. It likely cost us 2-3 more. We know that losing Borges (and not replacing him with guy perceived to be more run oriented) cost us Enrique Davis.

Losing Applewhite and a TE coach (Middleton) isn't exactly on the same level as losing Muschamp (or even Borges). Neither Bama's overall offense nor their TEs scared anyone last year. Muschamp had the 6th ranked defense in the nation. Borges had been declining, but people still remembered 2004 and 2005 not to mention the players on offense the last few years who are now in the NFL.

Not to mention, Saban replaced Applewhite on the recruiting trail with Lance Thompson who has been a good recruiter for years, so that was a wash at the worst. The main thing is, losing Applewhite didn't bother anyone. In fact, it may have been addition by subtraction.

In other words, it's not about the relative recruiting abilities of the coaches lost, but the perception of how good they were at their jobs as coordinators that made the most difference.

Another post where you spin it to give Bama little, if any credit. Shocking. AU got beat in recruiting this year. Plain and simple. CTT and his whole staff got outworked. Coaches in the mobile area have already come out and said as much.

Just own it man. You got beat consistently on the recruiting trail. Lesson learned, and your coaches will probably work harder in 09. But you don't go 0 and 15 against Bama this year on recruits just because of the two coaches you lost being vastly better than the ones we lost. In terms of recruiting, Middleton was a really good recruiter, and Applewhite was a huge draw mentioned by many recruits along the way.

Another post where you spin it to give Bama little, if any credit. Shocking. AU got beat in recruiting this year. Plain and simple. CTT and his whole staff got outworked. Coaches in the mobile area have already come out and said as much.

Just own it man. You got beat consistently on the recruiting trail. Lesson learned, and your coaches will probably work harder in 09. But you don't go 0 and 15 against Bama this year on recruits just because of the two coaches you lost being vastly better than the ones we lost. In terms of recruiting, Middleton was a really good recruiter, and Applewhite was a huge draw mentioned by many recruits along the way.

I don't know about that and haven't really cared enough to look into it. My point was when someone wants to discount changing coordinators, especially the loss of Muschamp by comparing losing Applewhite and Middleton, it's just not on the same level. I specifically said that I wasn't comparing recruiting prowess, but the draw of the coordinators themselves AS COACHES.

Coaches in the mobile area have already come out and said as much.

LMAO. 11 months ago coaches in Mobile were kissing James Willis' ass, how fast things change when Saban comes in and the "resources" open up again. You dont find it even mildly odd that Mobile goes from an OPEN market where out of state schools (and Auburn) get pub to 24/7 Bammer Nazi-fest literally over night? Listen to the Mobile media and compare what you hear to what the norm was a year ago. Yep, we simply got outworked. Thats why the coach at St.Pauls decided NOT to send his kids to AU's camp, and why the coach at Vigor was so pressed that he literally felt the need to come on radio and to the media to openly defend Alabama when BJ Scott was taking an official to Auburn.

If by outworked you mean out-resourced out-propaganda'd, then yes...we got outworked. I can guarantee we went through recruiting this year the same way as we have the past two years when we landed top classes and had coaches in Mobile sucking up to us. Saban is a good recruiter, but if you think he is good enough to alone pull off what happened this year then you are on crazy pills.

Another post where you spin it to give Bama little, if any credit. Shocking. AU got beat in recruiting this year. Plain and simple. CTT and his whole staff got outworked. Coaches **One coach** in the mobile area has already come out and said as much**stated his opinion to the B-ham News**.

More accurate now.

In addition to firing Borges and having Muschamp screw with prospects heads until the bitter end, Tubs was also: (1) playing the annual contract waiting game; (2) possibly courting both A&M and Arky (at least that was the Bama media contention; and (3) planning on going to a new offense which didn't exactly fit ALL the prospects he had courted and gotten commits from. If that alone wasn't enough to put us behind the 8 ball, Bammer had a NEW coach who wasn't courting anyone, and was getting rid of one assistant. (Applewhite, who wasn't real popular with the Bammer nation)

I sincerely hope that Tuberville has what he wants because our program cannot flourish as it has in the past with him constantly wanting something and holding out at t he end of every season for m ore of something, especially with Satan in town. He'd better wake up and concentrate on rebuilding continuity and stability on his staff and with the program or Satan is going to "clean his plow" again next year. Finally, no matter what anyone on this board or anywhere else says, the Auburn nation is not going to take kindly to a clean sweep of this state again next year. The one positive in all of this crap (if there is one) is that despite all the disruption, uncertainty, and changes, we still managed to pull off a top 20 class. Imagine what he can do when there are no disruptions or changes or negotiating. WDE!

LMAO. 11 months ago coaches in Mobile were kissing James Willis' ass, how fast things change when Saban comes in and the "resources" open up again. You dont find it even mildly odd that Mobile goes from an OPEN market where out of state schools (and Auburn) get pub to 24/7 Bammer Nazi-fest literally over night? Listen to the Mobile media and compare what you hear to what the norm was a year ago. Yep, we simply got outworked. Thats why the coach at St.Pauls decided NOT to send his kids to AU's camp, and why the coach at Vigor was so pressed that he literally felt the need to come on radio and to the media to openly defend Alabama when BJ Scott was taking an official to Auburn.

If by outworked you mean out-resourced out-propaganda'd, then yes...we got outworked. I can guarantee we went through recruiting this year the same way as we have the past two years when we landed top classes and had coaches in Mobile sucking up to us. Saban is a good recruiter, but if you think he is good enough to alone pull off what happened this year then you are on crazy pills.

LOL this has to be the most insane comment I've heard regarding your piss poor recruiting effort.

You must have some really important inside ties to the barn staff to ''guarantee'' this is the same way you went through recruiting last year. Maybe thoses coaches ,as was stated by one of them,didn't have much choice when Shula and staff were hanging around. He said they didn't show hardly any effort in recruiting the area. Now Saban and staff were there every ,in his words''leagal chance they had to be there''

Sounds to me like they out worked your boys straight up. Is it so hard to admitt (I bet your coach does) you got beat by a first year coach who broke open your 10 year tenured wonders ties to instate talent?

Could the fact that coaches and maybe ,just maybe, some other people are tired of ears and his BS?

Has he overstayed his welcome? Know one knows what he has been telling coaches and future recruites. He could have been selling the BS. Something is happening and a lot of you barners are worried about it. Grasping at whatever you can and making excuses.

When you have some evidence then maybe you'll have a legitimate ''excuse'' as to why your ''10 year wonder'' got his a$$ handed to him by a first year coach.

By the way hows that ''hush money'' to T. Bowden fund coming ?

In addition to firing Borges and having Muschamp screw with prospects heads until the bitter end, Tubs was also: (1) playing the annual contract waiting game; (2) possibly courting both A&M and Arky (at least that was the Bama media contention; and (3) planning on going to a new offense which didn't exactly fit ALL the prospects he had courted and gotten commits from. If that alone wasn't enough to put us behind the 8 ball, Bammer had a NEW coach who wasn't courting anyone, and was getting rid of one assistant. (Applewhite, who wasn't real popular with the Bammer nation)

I sincerely hope that Tuberville has what he wants because our program cannot flourish as it has in the past with him constantly wanting something and holding out at t he end of every season for m ore of something, especially with Satan in town. He'd better wake up and concentrate on rebuilding continuity and stability on his staff and with the program or Satan is going to "clean his plow" again next year. Finally, no matter what anyone on this board or anywhere else says, the Auburn nation is not going to take kindly to a clean sweep of this state again next year. The one positive in all of this crap (if there is one) is that despite all the disruption, uncertainty, and changes, we still managed to pull off a top 20 class. Imagine what he can do when there are no disruptions or changes or negotiating. WDE!

Well he's had 10 years there so there is plenty of examples. One thing is certain, he has had 10 years of Bama in turnmoil to take advantage of . I never realized how worried a lot of the barn nation are concerned and really worried about playing us on a level playing field. It's really amazing and quite flaterring.

Thanks guys ,didn't know we matter so much. B)

LOL this has to be the most insane comment I've heard regarding your piss poor recruiting effort.

You must have some really important inside ties to the barn staff to ''guarantee'' this is the same way you went through recruiting last year. Maybe thoses coaches ,as was stated by one of them,didn't have much choice when Shula and staff were hanging around. He said they didn't show hardly any effort in recruiting the area. Now Saban and staff were there every ,in his words''leagal chance they had to be there''

Sounds to me like they out worked your boys straight up. Is it so hard to admitt (I bet your coach does) you got beat by a first year coach who broke open your 10 year tenured wonders ties to instate talent?

Could the fact that coaches and maybe ,just maybe, some other people are tired of ears and his BS?

Has he overstayed his welcome? Know one knows what he has been telling coaches and future recruites. He could have been selling the BS. Something is happening and a lot of you barners are worried about it. Grasping at whatever you can and making excuses.

When you have some evidence then maybe you'll have a legitimate ''excuse'' as to why your ''10 year wonder'' got his a$$ handed to him by a first year coach.

Well he's had 10 years there so there is plenty of examples. One thing is certain, he has had 10 years of Bama in turnmoil to take advantage of . I never realized how worried a lot of the barn nation are concerned and really worried about playing us on a level playing field. It's really amazing and quite flaterring.

Are you mentally challenged or something? Do you really look at Saban as a first year coach in the recruiting aspect? Was he not already known in the South as a good football coach? It's not like Shula when he first hit the trail, he was a first year coach.

The only people that I know that are tired of ole "ears" as you put it, are a bunch of bama fans that are pissed because no matter how much money they spend, they still can't beat Tubs on the field. So the next time you want to accuse someone of grasping for straws, just remember to look in the mirror first. Congrats on the recruiting national championship by the way.

Are you mentally challenged or something? Do you really look at Saban as a first year coach in the recruiting aspect? Was he not already known in the South as a good football coach? It's not like Shula when he first hit the trail, he was a first year coach.

The only people that I know that are tired of ole "ears" as you put it, are a bunch of bama fans that are pissed because no matter how much money they spend, they still can't beat Tubs on the field. So the next time you want to accuse someone of grasping for straws, just remember to look in the mirror first. Congrats on the recruiting national championship by the way.

No I'm dumbing it down for you.

This is his first full year at Bama. Didn't think I'd have to spell it out for you. He had been in the pros for a couple years and somethings can change in the state,especially a state where he wasn't a head coach in.

Seems some of your fan base isn't too fond of him right now.

No I'm not real happy about your 6 . Congratulations on being dominant in our probation and 5 head coaches in the last 10 years. You did what you should have.

We had a great class but this recruiting championship you speak of doesn't register with me.

I'll bet it looks really cool next to your peoples championship ''rings'' though.

There is a forum called The Woodshed to talk smack and :flame: which is all you have done since NSD.

This is his first full year at Bama. Didn't think I'd have to spell it out for you. He had been in the pros for a couple years and somethings can change in the state,especially a state where he wasn't a head coach in.

No I'm not real happy about your 6 . Congratulations on being dominant in our probation and 5 head coaches in the last 10 years. You did what you should have.

We had a great class but this recruiting championship you speak of doesn't register with me.

I'll bet it looks really cool next to your peoples championship ''rings'' though.

you are quite possibly the biggest jackass this board has seen in a while. how do you come off thinking you know everything about auburn's recruiting effort? Good luck trying to convince auburn fans of anything by calling their recruiting efforts pisspoor(it wasn't) and making fun of an undefeated season where kids were robbed of a chance at a MNC. You sir can go back to whatever board you crawled out from under because unlike the majority of the bama fans on this board you bring nothing to the table.

Again with the whining crybaby sour grapes. It's AMAZING to me how you guys revert back to doing exactly what you accuse Bama fans of.

Because there's NO WAY IN THE WORLD a guy could come in and out recruit Auburn without cheating. Let's forget the fact that his last two classes at LSU were ranked #1 and #2 respectively. Oh no, he's not a good recruiter, he's a cheater.

It makes you feel better to explain it away like that...because then you don't have to admit you got beat. Whatever. For the first time in about 10 years, we FINALLY have a staff that's willing to recruit the Mobile area (Shula didn't even know Mobile existed)...and we get recruits out of there because we are "cheating". That's called being a SORE LOSER.

Again, you don't go 0 for 15 head to head against Alabama just because we are cheating...or we are spinning "propaganda"...you got outworked. Plain and simple.

you are quite possibly the biggest jackass this board has seen in a while. how do you come off thinking you know everything about auburn's recruiting effort? Good luck trying to convince auburn fans of anything by calling their recruiting efforts pisspoor(it wasn't) and making fun of an undefeated season where kids were robbed of a chance at a MNC. You sir can go back to whatever board you crawled out from under because unlike the majority of the bama fans on this board you bring nothing to the table.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Again with the whining crybaby sour grapes. It's AMAZING to me how you guys revert back to doing exactly what you accuse Bama fans of.

Because there's NO WAY IN THE WORLD a guy could come in and out recruit Auburn without cheating. Let's forget the fact that his last two classes at LSU were ranked #1 and #2 respectively. Oh no, he's not a good recruiter, he's a cheater.

It makes you feel better to explain it away like that...because then you don't have to admit you got beat. Whatever. For the first time in about 10 years, we FINALLY have a staff that's willing to recruit the Mobile area (Shula didn't even know Mobile existed)...and we get recruits out of there because we are "cheating". That's called being a SORE LOSER.

Again, you don't go 0 for 15 head to head against Alabama just because we are cheating...or we are spinning "propaganda"...you got outworked. Plain and simple.

Congratulations on the players you signed. Coach Saban was a strong recruiter in the Mobile area when he was at LSU. It's only common sense that he would pick up where he left off. And yes, we need to work hard to do a better job. With the coaching changes at UA and AU, 2008 should be an interesting and exciting year.

After gridiron dumbed his post down for me, and bg being his kool aid drinking self, I thought about firing back at them for being so stupid, but have decided not to. I am smart enough to know that I can't win an arguement with delusional fans from a rival school, so I won't try. Maybe this should be their thought process when visiting an AUBURN board. I guess they just blend into the crimson love fest on bama boards, and they feel like they are important enough to be heard, so they come over here and show their true colors.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I'm responding to what has been posted and of course it's not popular but it is my opinion. Some of you don't mind slamming Bama and can't stand someone to question your opinions.

Did you read any of this leading up to this last post?

Surely you can't be so naive to the fact that when looking all over your board you have posters slamming or ''making fun'' of kids who signed with Bama. ''Another thug signed at Bama'', there all over your board so don't give the high and mighter than thou junk. Your fan base is doing it but it is unacceptable for a Bama fan to suggest things. That comment came as a direct resopnse so go look for yourself.

All I have done is respond to excuses, complaints and insinuations made here by some of you.

I didn't start it off. I just responded with my opinion,which isn't what you want to hear. Sorry I have my own. You want it in the woodshed then why didn't some of you start it there to begin with? I'd imagine you weren't expecting someone to try to engage in discussing it dissagreeing with it.

I'm a jackass because I think your recruiting efforts were poor? Look you guys spouted off and have crap slinging all over about recruiting ,cheating , recruiting championship. I never spoke of any championship. An au fan did. I responded to what I thought was ridiculos for someone to balk at it when you yourselves ,some of you for sure, claim the ''peoples champ''.

But I see ,it's ok to accuse and pop off about bama and expect a rival fan to respond positively when you can look back and see I only responed in a manner in which others were posting.

After gridiron dumbed his post down for me, and bg being his kool aid drinking self, I thought about firing back at them for being so stupid, but have decided not to. I am smart enough to know that I can't win an arguement with delusional fans from a rival school, so I won't try. Maybe this should be their thought process when visiting an AUBURN board. I guess they just blend into the crimson love fest on bama boards, and they feel like they are important enough to be heard, so they come over here and show their true colors.

Your welcome for the simplified post adjustment. B) Also thanks for not'' firing back at me'' :rolleyes:

What would you expect a rival fan to do when he comes to another board. Agree with some of your fan bases assumtions, accusations, and insinuations,of which you have no facts to, without responding ?

Look, some of you started slinging mud and I responded.

I agree with you on one point thought ,it's imposible to ''win an arguement with a delusional fan base from a rival school.''

I came over here to check out the site,saw some ridiculos posts over the last few days and decided to respond to them.

Your welcome for the simplified post adjustment. B) Also thanks for not'' firing back at me'' :rolleyes:

What would you expect a rival fan to do when he comes to another board. Agree with some of your fan bases assumtions, accusations, and insinuations,of which you have no facts to, without responding ?

Look, some of you started slinging mud and I responded.

I agree with you on one point thought ,it's imposible to ''win an arguement with a delusional fan base from a rival school.''

I came over here to check out the site,saw some ridiculos posts over the last few days and decided to respond to them.

And you're getting exactly what you should expect from any rival board's members. Don't try to rationalize the crap you've posted here in the short time you've been here. And don't act like you wouldn't get your ass booted from 75% of the other rivals boards if you went there and started "Responding" to "Some ridiculous posts" in the same way. Virtually every post you've made to date has been nothing more than smart ass smack. Barners and pine box comments on an Auburn board will usually get you much more in return than you are getting now.

So what your saying is when a rival fan come over and posts his comments on what some of you are saying in the same manner as yours he gets or probably will be banned?

Like I said I'm not trying to piss people off at all. But I didn't say anything any more derogatory or insulting than any of you said towards Bama, or bammers or bamzo .....$atan.

So what your saying is when a rival fan come over and posts his comments on what some of you are saying in the same manner as yours he gets or probably will be banned?

Like I said I'm not trying to piss people off at all. But I didn't say anything any more derogatory or insulting than any of you said towards Bama, or bammers or bamzo .....$atan.

Let me go join a Bama message board and call some of the resident members 'bammers'. Maybe I should bring up Gene Jelks, or Dubose banging his secretary. Maybe I should start gloating about 6 in a row and 7 out of 8. How long do you think I'd stay? 10, maybe 15 minutes?

But wait, I'm not trying to piss anyone off! I'm a rival on a Bammer board, I'm supposed to have equal say! He called me Barner first!

Let me go join a Bama message board and call some of the resident members 'bammers'. Maybe I should bring up Gene Jelks, or Dubose banging his secretary. Maybe I should start gloating about 6 in a row and 7 out of 8. How long do you think I'd stay? 10, maybe 15 minutes?

But wait, I'm not trying to piss anyone off! I'm a rival on a Bammer board, I'm supposed to have equal say! He called me Barner first!

amen, funny he joined shortly after signing day <_<

Archived