nick saban press conference

auwallace

Here ya go....I found this while Proving my point to a bammertard. Part 2 is when the reporters get to ask the questions. And little nicky gets on the defensive (ie. folds his arms, bounces around, doesn't make that much eye contact, looks down when talking about discipline and trying to help the Community understand the Process (read...paying off the officers and club owners)

Ramblings of a man that has lost control...Oh yea, he also hired a man from USC (read...knows how to cheat and get away with it)

Here ya go....I found this while Proving my point to a bammertard. Part 2 is when the reporters get to ask the questions. And little nicky gets on the defensive (ie. folds his arms, bounces around, doesn't make that much eye contact, looks down when talking about discipline and trying to help the Community understand the Process (read...paying off the officers and club owners)

Ramblings of a man that has lost control...Oh yea, he also hired a man from USC (read...knows how to cheat and get away with it)

I watched the bottom (15 min) video. I would have fidgetted also If I had been asked to answer different versions of the same question(the fidgetting would have been necessary to resist the temptation to tell them where to go). In fact, I would have told those press fools that I had already answered the queston if they would bother to listen instead of trying to create a story.

He said very early in the interview that he may have to increase punishments until he gets control. It is obvious that he has misjudged the situation. How many more misjudgements will the Bammers allow?

I watched the bottom (15 min) video. I would have fidgetted also If I had been asked to answer different versions of the same question(the fidgetting would have been necessary to resist the temptation to tell them where to go). In fact, I would have told those press fools that I had already answered the queston if they would bother to listen instead of trying to create a story.

especially when he says right off the bat that he will not answer questions about details of the arrests, and then the first question is asking about a detail of Johnson's arrest. and its not like he flipped out on the guy when he asked it either, when he told the guy to put up his money everybody in the room laughed.

btw, Prowler, any proof that he has brought in a USC line coach to get away with cheating? any proof that he is paying off officers and club owners? or is that just your usual black helicopter rambling that we've all come to know and love?

Hey! Rambleswithscissors... You're so quick to throw out the link requests and proof of this and that...

Show us in the $4 million dollar man's contract that says he may dictate what the press may ask, and what they can and can't bring up.

As far as I'm concerned after going 6-6, discipline problem after discipline problem, and just over all being a total assclown in general, how on God's green Earth do you expect, or have any question on why Saban is treated the way he is?

HOW!? Please, for the life of me, I'm trying understand why you crimson clad people can't grasp this concept...

saban has shown a propensity to explode and say something ridiculously stupid and arrogant when provoked. you paid 4 million for him, and everything that comes along with him, so deal with it, aight?

especially when he says right off the bat that he will not answer questions about details of the arrests, and then the first question is asking about a detail of Johnson's arrest. and its not like he flipped out on the guy when he asked it either, when he told the guy to put up his money everybody in the room laughed.

If he didn't want to address the situations he shouldn't have called the conference. If he did decide to go with the PC, don't say "Oh I'm not going to talk about x or y". That is like telling a kid not to touch the oven. Sure the kid knows you said not to, but that makes it more appealing.

Look back to the time when the Tuberville to _________ rumors were out. If he were to say "I've got a presser tommorrow, and by the way don't ask me if I'm leaving". Do you really think no one would ask? If they did, do you think he would try to eat their babies?

If he didn't want to address the situations he shouldn't have called the conference.

It was the spring football presser. He didn't just call it.

Okay then Ash, since Rambleswithscissors won't....

YOU..You tell us why Nick Saban thinks he has the right to tell the media what to ask? Why should the media NOT ask those questions?

Are you drinking the kool-aid that makes you think, "since Coach Satan says it should be that way, I should blindly agree, no matter what!"?

Seriously...

I love this response by one of the bamars

I had forgot that he was having a presser today, man did I miss out. Very insightful, and I think he cleared things up for me at least. It really seems to me that CNS has a military type mindset( in a way), but also soft as well. After being a supervisor to 18 and 19 yr olds for years now. I feel like CNS, you have all of these guys that are doing what they are supposed to do, and then you have your bad apples. I know I've had my fair share , but I can't be as forgiving as he is(due to rules and regulations). I mean, we all try to help guys along, but some just can't be helped is the point. It is easy for us to say there should be more discipline, but a lot of people need to take a walk in his shoes to see how it really is. I could also see that he cares for those guys, cause if he didn't he would just kick them off the team. I say a big RTR for CNS!!!

I want a cup of whatever they are drinking

I had forgot that he was having a presser today, man did I miss out. Very insightful, and I think he cleared things up for me at least. It really seems to me that CNS has a military type mindset( in a way), but also soft as well. After being a supervisor to 18 and 19 yr olds for years now. I feel like CNS, you have all of these guys that are doing what they are supposed to do, and then you have your bad apples. I know I've had my fair share , but I can't be as forgiving as he is(due to rules and regulations). I mean, we all try to help guys along, but some just can't be helped is the point. It is easy for us to say there should be more discipline, but a lot of people need to take a walk in his shoes to see how it really is. I could also see that he cares for those guys, cause if he didn't he would just kick them off the team. I say a big RTR for CNS!!!

That is beautiful. It should be framed for all to see. This is the crap that rambleswithscissors, tardo, lesionfield all try to defend.

It's impossible to defend.

If he didn't want to address the situations he shouldn't have called the conference.

It was the spring football presser. He didn't just call it.

Okay then Ash, since Rambleswithscissors won't....

YOU..You tell us why Nick Saban thinks he has the right to tell the media what to ask? Why should the media NOT ask those questions?

Are you drinking the kool-aid that makes you think, "since Coach Satan says it should be that way, I should blindly agree, no matter what!"?

Seriously...

It's his right. Freedom of speech and all that. That doesn't bar them from asking the questions, though. If they've got the balls, then they should ask them. That doesn't mean he's gotta answer them either. Laying it on the line saying "Hey, don't bother asking these questions, as I won't answer them" or even "Don't ask these questions" seems reasonable to me. The fact that he did adress it when asked is a different issue.

How long had this "Spring presser" been scheduled for? Just curious because all the newspapers and the radio talk shows and message boards were saying this press conference was called by Dick Saban to address the latest criminal element that had raised it's ugly head for the Tahd. And spring practice hasn't even started yet, has it?

HE, Coach S, (Excuse me, S the Coach) called this press conference. So, he just decided he wanted to meet the press and talk about the upcoming spring practice and how it looks like an early spring and how the azaleas will be in full bloom this year and ask all his friends in the media how their families are....?

Not to address one of his captains getting arrested for a 3:00 a.m. bar fight and one of his defensive ends holding up some students with a gun? Nope, just the usual "Spring presser" at Alabama.

I know that if I was playing college football, and I went to class and studied and made good grades, and never missed a practice...worked hard every day....stayed out of trouble and did everything the coaches asked of me.....and I saw a thug getting arrested playing in my spot.....

....I know the first thing on my mind would be how much my coach cares about me.

Caring about kids doesn't mean bending over backwards for the sorry ones. It means doing what's right for the kids that do what is right.

bammers try to pretend that Saban is some kind of compassionate coach when he is simply a man with no guts that is letting children walk all over him.

I know that if I was playing college football, and I went to class and studied and made good grades, and never missed a practice...worked hard every day....stayed out of trouble and did everything the coaches asked of me.....and I saw a thug getting arrested playing in my spot.....

....I know the first thing on my mind would be how much my coach cares about me.

Caring about kids doesn't mean bending over backwards for the sorry ones. It means doing what's right for the kids that do what is right.

bammers try to pretend that Saban is some kind of compassionate coach when he is simply a man with no guts that is letting children walk all over him.

Well, if he only had someone below him in the food chain...maybe the Mayor...to handle the discipline of teh team, he could focus on the only reason he is there in the first place, getting that 176th MNC.

Well, if he only had someone below him in the food chain...maybe the Mayor...to handle the discipline of teh team, he could focus on the only reason he is there in the first place, getting that 176th MNC to beat Auburn.

Fixed.

It's his right. Freedom of speech and all that.

There ya go... pull a consitutional reference to make this seem rational. Shire, is the kool-aid grape or cherry?

Cherry! YUMM!!!!!!!!!!

That doesn't bar them from asking the questions, though.

Whelp, for at least the 5 seconds it took you to write that sentence... it sunk in a little. Very nice.

If they've got the balls, then they should ask them.

It's their job. This is the problem. You shouldn't have to have "balls" to ask a guy getting paid 4 million dollars to explain the actions of those under his supervision. This basic basic thing escapes you bamzo's on a daily basis. Pure gold.

That doesn't mean he's gotta answer them either. Laying it on the line saying "Hey, don't bother asking these questions, as I won't answer them" or even "Don't ask these questions" seems reasonable to me.

Here's a hanky for the spooge and kool-aid on your chin.

The fact that he did adress it when asked is a different issue.

Please explain. bu..bu...butt wait, if he's never going to answer these questions, but will anyway, how is this a reason not to ask the questions. It obviously doesn't take "balls" at all when the douchebag answers the questions anyway.

So what's the only rational explanation for saying he wasn't going to other than him wanting to prove once again what a complete total dicksmack he can be.

I love this personally.

It's great.

Where the hell is rambleswithscissors!?!?!?!? Probably stalking Saban's house waiting for him to pull out so he can "wash his windshield" for info.

So he's a dick. So what? Are you in the media? Do you deal with him on a daily basis? Get over it. It's better for Auburn if everyone thinks he's a Richard. If he became a nice guy, you may never get a recruit out of this state ever again. Could you imagine ESPN talking about him the same way they talk about Pete Carroll? Think about it. You wouldn't want that. Be happy you have a good coach. Focus on that. Make post about good stuff that Tubs does.

So he's a dick. So what?

Hey, if you're happy having a dick at the helm, and him being the 4 million dollar representative of your football program to the nation, then right on killer.

Are you in the media?
No
Do you deal with him on a daily basis?
No
Get over it.
No.

I can't get over it when we've got bammer after bammer coming HERE to tell us what a great thing he is. SO, it would be easier if you just didn't come here. Until that happens, and all of your bammer bretherin leave with you (and they never will), we'll always be abliged to tell you what a complete dillhole Saban is.

It's better for Auburn if everyone thinks he's a Richard.

We don't have to think... We know he is. So do you evidently. :thumbsup: So therefore...it IS better.

If he became a nice guy, you may never get a recruit out of this state ever again.

I stopped reading at "If he became a nice guy".

Could you imagine ESPN talking about him the same way they talk about Pete Carroll? Think about it. You wouldn't want that.

Geez, I guess Saban's only got mulitple National Championships (the "on the field type"), PAC 10 Championships, and years of proven results to obtain before that happens. We'll worry about this statement 6 years from now, if even then.

Just like a bammer though to talk about the "what if's", and not the "already happeneds"....

Be happy you have a good coach. Focus on that. Make post about good stuff that Tubs does.

How many posts about six in a row do you need to see? Good recruiting, winning games articles??? There are plenty of good Tubs articles and threads.

So... Make post that make sense Tarzan...

So what's the only rational explanation for saying he wasn't going to other than him wanting to prove once again what a complete total dicksmack he can be.

Dicksmack! Hahaha, that's awesome. I've never heard it before... dicksmack. That's great. And it fits him perfectly.

"So Coach, what do you like to do in your free time?"

"Look, I don't have any free time. Have you read the TPD blotter lately? Quit askin' me about my free time, aight? I'll talk about my free time when I damn well please. Okay, I feel like talkin' about my free time. I like to smack dick."

Thanks for the new word!

So he's a dick. So what? Are you in the media? Do you deal with him on a daily basis? Get over it. It's better for Auburn if everyone thinks he's a Richard. If he became a nice guy, you may never get a recruit out of this state ever again. Could you imagine ESPN talking about him the same way they talk about Pete Carroll? Think about it. You wouldn't want that. Be happy you have a good coach. Focus on that. Make post about good stuff that Tubs does.

Your avatar is the best pic of saban I've seen

Archived