Ruh Roh! More tide trouble

Defense(clap clap)

Elder isn't even in school. Hall was suspended when he committed no crime. So much for Saban not disciplining players.

buttplug, until this "suspension" carries into the september-December time frame, it means NOTHING. One suspension in february vs. how many incidents is hardly instilling discipline.

Seriously, he's doing the guy a favor by not making him participate in spring practice. "You mean I dont have to practice? Ahh shucks"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang! Rob someone at gunpoint and its "he's just going through a rough time, aight?" How in the world do you get an indefinite suspension from nick $aban? Or is that just code for "a quarter or two depending on the score"?

Prince Hall didn't rob anyone.

He was comparing how Elder robbed someone at gunpoint and has sort of been excused (I know, no conviction yet) and has not yet been suspended while Prince Hall was suspended indefinitely.

My guess someone asked him if he had been to the Bear museum yet and he answered "Who?"

Elder has been removed from the team.

That's right...all these arrests are running together. Okay, so slugging a cop gets you nada... so i'm still wondering how does one get suspended at bama. Was it another university suspension?

Who slugged a cop, Rashad? Doubtful. I heard one got a scratch on his knee, but he could have tripped, never said either way. I doubt anyone would get away with that you are implying.

Who slugged a cop, Rashad? Doubtful. I heard one got a scratch on his knee, but he could have tripped, never said either way. I doubt anyone would get away with that you are implying.

I think you are missing the point. Most normal people don't fight with the cops. Spin it how you like, they just don't. I'll give you a gold star if you can find a single person who has ever won a fight with the cops.

I agree all these arrests are starting to run together.

Elder isn't even in school. Hall was suspended when he committed no crime. So much for Saban not disciplining players.

No Turd....$abahr didn't discipline Elder or Hall, They were KICKED OUT of the University. He's trying to save face if he's saying...."Well, I 'THE ALMIGHTY' Disciplined Elder and Hall....aight?" So, no....he's not disciplining anyone and for someone that is said to be some kind of Genius...or whatever, aight...he can't see that it is causing a Virus on the team for when he Finally does discipline One guy but not the other? Showing Favoritism can separate a team really quickly.

Why should Coach Saban be having to try and save face. I do not agree with his disclipine policy, but I am not in his position. He doesn't tell me how to do my job, so I won't tell him how to do his. At a time when the University does not feel that he is doing his job properly, then it will be their job to make a change. Coach Saban certainly doesn't need to save face with Auburn fans, because frankly it is NONE of your business. Coach Tuberville has a policy to suspend players from games, and that is fine, but that is only his policy, and he is free to use it anyway he chooses. If it works for your school, be glad, but don't hold it up as the standard for all schools and all coaches. There is no SEC or NCAA rule telling a coach how to disclipine his players, so the coaches have their right to make their own policies, and we as Bama fans can't tell him how to make these policies, and you as Auburn fans certainly can't.

No Turd....$abahr didn't discipline Elder or Hall, They were KICKED OUT of the University. He's trying to save face if he's saying...."Well, I 'THE ALMIGHTY' Disciplined Elder and Hall....aight?" So, no....he's not disciplining anyone and for someone that is said to be some kind of Genius...or whatever, aight...he can't see that it is causing a Virus on the team for when he Finally does discipline One guy but not the other? Showing Favoritism can separate a team really quickly.

Why should Coach Saban be having to try and save face. I do not agree with his disclipine policy, but I am not in his position. He doesn't tell me how to do my job, so I won't tell him how to do his. At a time when the University does not feel that he is doing his job properly, then it will be their job to make a change. Coach Saban certainly doesn't need to save face with Auburn fans, because frankly it is NONE of your business. Coach Tuberville has a policy to suspend players from games, and that is fine, but that is only his policy, and he is free to use it anyway he chooses. If it works for your school, be glad, but don't hold it up as the standard for all schools and all coaches. There is no SEC or NCAA rule telling a coach how to disclipine his players, so the coaches have their right to make their own policies, and we as Bama fans can't tell him how to make these policies, and you as Auburn fans certainly can't.

Frankly, Saban's policies obviously aren't working. And you better hope they start working, because at this rate, you'll be lucky to have a starting 22 come fall.

I have heard that he has also retracted earlier judgements and "indefinitely suspended" the following players:

D.J. Hall

David Palmer

The entire defensive line in 1907 for violating Prohibition laws

I think you are missing the point. Most normal people don't fight with the cops. Spin it how you like, they just don't. I'll give you a gold star if you can find a single person who has ever won a fight with the cops.

I agree all these arrests are starting to run together.

Rodney King? :)

What I was trying to say was that I doubt he hit a cop. Struggling is different than fighting. And by you saying that no one has ever won fighting a cop, I agree, but by the same token that means all those that lost got hit with more problems. Rashad didn't. Does that not mean that maybe he wasn't the cause of the cops minor injury?

Suspensions, etc. at this time of year mean nothing at uat. The only time suspensions mean anything is if you are winning/losing the ballgame, ref. dj hall and ulm or tell the media that certain players were suspended for a given game after the game in which they did not participate is over. He can also make suspensions last only as long as the players are not needed that week. saban can suspend any and all players now and it will have absolutely no effect come September - December. This is bad press for uat but the media will praise saban for his "quick and decisive actions". Most of all of these players will have their "act together" and saban will have dished out his "punishment" secretly by the time August gets here. All will be WELL in thugs-town.

Story is on rivals.

Talk about guys coming in and playing right away. Jeez.

link - http://alabama.rivals.com/barrier_noentry....p;mid=&rid=

Didn't Bammer sign a LB? Is this $aban's way of clearing the field for him to play?

Short answer?

Yes.

bammer powers that be: "Nick, you gotta suspend somebody, this is looking bad for us."

Saban: "Prince. You're suspended."

Prince: "What, me? Why? What'd I do? What about him? He resisted arrest and fought the cops this week!"

Saban: "Yeah, but he's a captain, and he's on the "Peer Review" panel. You're a LB, and we need your spot. Bama fans are stupid enough that they won't notice the difference. As long as I'm punishing someone they'll thump their chests about what a great disciplinarian I am. Good day."

At this point Saban pushes his button that dumps Prince into a pit of spikes, flames, and poisonous snakes.

You guys are funny. You always spin it to have it your way...

Hey if a guy gets kicked out of school...THATS AWESOME FOR AUBURN FANS! Because we can say that Saban would have promoted him to starter and rewarded him for armed robbery. Since he was kicked out we can say that Saban was soft.

And since he was suspended in FEB, we can rag saban for the next 6 months saying he's soft even if the guy turns out to still be suspended then.

Good day all around.

REALLY? Do tell!

Ash, this IS THE FUNNIEST POST ON THE BOARD! Post of the day winner for me.

Dude, Elder may be in jail/prison. Removing him from the team is like say Bear has been removed from the HC position. He has indeed been removed, but from OUTSIDE the University's control he was removed.

If you are jail, you have technically been removed from:

...the team

...and the campus

...and the city

...and the county

...and the state

...and the Continental US

...and the free walking universe.

I am LMAO at that one...

REALLY? Do tell!

Ash, this IS THE FUNNIEST POST ON THE BOARD! Post of the day winner for me.

Dude, Elder may be in jail/prison. Removing him from the team is like say Bear has been removed from the HC position. He has indeed been removed, but from OUTSIDE the University's control he was removed.

If you are jail, you have technically been removed from:

...the team

...and the campus

...and the city He's still in Tuscaloosa

...and the county He's still in Tuscaloosa County

...and the state He's still in Alabama

...and the Continental US He's still in the United States of America

...and the free walking universe. You can walk the continents. Not the Universe.

I am LMAO at that one...

2 out of 7 ain't bad.

Story is on rivals.

Talk about guys coming in and playing right away. Jeez.

link - http://alabama.rivals.com/barrier_noentry....p;mid=&rid=

Didn't Bammer sign a LB? Is this $aban's way of clearing the field for him to play?

Short answer?

Yes.

bammer powers that be: "Nick, you gotta suspend somebody, this is looking bad for us."

Saban: "Prince. You're suspended."

Prince: "What, me? Why? What'd I do? What about him? He resisted arrest and fought the cops this week!"

Saban: "Yeah, but he's a captain, and he's on the "Peer Review" panel. You're a LB, and we need your spot. Bama fans are stupid enough that they won't notice the difference. As long as I'm punishing someone they'll thump their chests about what a great disciplinarian I am. Good day."

At this point Saban pushes his button that dumps Prince into a pit of spikes, flames, and poisonous snakes.

i guess thats a nice way of spinning it when you have no idea why Hall is even suspended.

i guess thats a nice way of spinning it when you have no idea why Hall is even suspended.

Oh, how could I forget, one of your 2,348 jobs is uncredited assistant coach to Nick Saban.

Oh, how could I forget, one of your 2,348 jobs is uncredited assistant coach to Nick Saban.

:roflol:

hahaha...he said you had a lot of jobs....

Dude, you forget that Auburn follows our program closer than their own. How else would they know so much?

Dude, you forget that Auburn follows our program closer than their own. How else would they know so much?

It's not hard too follow because the entire state of Alabama is constantly talking about what all goes on. I guess the tide has to steal the headlines in one way or another.

It's not hard too follow because the entire state of Alabama is constantly talking about what all goes on. I guess the tide has to steal the headlines in one way or another.

if the whole state talks about it, then one would think you'd get your damn info correct.

i didn't say that i knew why, and i don't. neither do you. so how can you pass judgement and make something up when you don't even know the circumstances?

This thread is cracking me up.

Alabama fans....simple question....simple YES or NO answer.

Do you feel good about what is going on in your program right now? Yes or No?

This thread is cracking me up.

Alabama fans....simple question....simple YES or NO answer.

Do you feel good about what is going on in your program right now? Yes or No?

no, i don't feel good about guys arrested on seemingly a weekly basis.

And I assume that most people share that feeling. So why do you blindly defend the coach? Why don't you hold him accountable for the program instead of giving him a pass on it?

I'm not saying he has created the way things are. I'm saying he is the one that is in a position to do something about it. But he would rather yell at the media than yell at his players?

And I assume that most people share that feeling. So why do you blindly defend the coach? Why don't you hold him accountable for the program instead of giving him a pass on it?

I'm not saying he has created the way things are. I'm saying he is the one that is in a position to do something about it. But he would rather yell at the media than yell at his players?

i'm still seeing how things play out, personally. i wasn't happy about the whole DJ Hall deal during the ULM game. not happy at all. personally, i would like to see somebody maybe kicked off the team to make an example. but the punishment should fit the crime. i don't think somebody should be kicked off the team because they were arrested for something such as disorderly conduct. not unless it is a pattern for that person and is part of their character. there is no cookie cutter approach to team discipline, imho. i think punishments should be on a case by case basis.

i'm still seeing how things play out, personally. i wasn't happy about the whole DJ Hall deal during the ULM game. not happy at all. personally, i would like to see somebody maybe kicked off the team to make an example. but the punishment should fit the crime. i don't think somebody should be kicked off the team because they were arrested for something such as disorderly conduct. not unless it is a pattern for that person and is part of their character. there is no cookie cutter approach to team discipline, imho. i think punishments should be on a case by case basis.

I can't say that I agree with the punishments on a case by case basis. It sounds good in theory, but something has to be done and has to be done fast. I just wish that Coach Saban would make a statement to the players that starting with this case, any player that is arrested for anything will be suspended for X number of games. No questions, no appeals, just the policy. This is taking the decision away from the coach and putting it in the hands of the players. I don't think that this is cruel. They would know the policy upfront and it would be their choice.

Coach Saban says that he wants to prepare them for life, well I feel that this is doing that. A player would have to think before he went down to the strip for a good time. He would have to consider what could happen to him if he got in trouble, he would already know his punishment, and he would have no one to blame but himself. This would make a young man grow up in a hurry. I've also thought that in some way the Coach should punish the whole team when a player does something wrong with extra work outs or something, and too many of those, and the players will settle it among themselves. The good ones will get tired of taking punishment because of the actions of the bad.

Archived