A right wing disgrace

RunInRed

Is this a preview of the right's strategy for the general election? If so they will lose by 10+ points. Good for JM for denoucning this nonsense. However, I do wonder if he'll be able to keep himself away from this kind of hate speech w/o isolating the base.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/02/26/...ments-at-rally/

CINCINNATI, Ohio (CNN) — A supporter of John McCain, speaking at an official campaign event in Ohio attended by the Arizona senator, called Barack Obama a “hack, Chicago-style Daly politician,” and told the crowd “all is going to be right with the world when the great prophet from Chicago takes the stand, and the world leaders who want to kill us will simply be singing Kumbaya around the table of Barack Obama.”

“At some point in the near future the media, the stooges from the New York Times, CBS (The Clinton Broadcasting System), NBC (The Nobody But Clinton Network), The All Bill Clinton Channel (ABC), and the Clinton News Network at some point is going to peel the bark off Barack Hussein Obama,” said controversial conservative commentator Bill Cunningham, an Ohio native.

“That day will come and then you'll know the truth about his business dealings with Rezko, when he got sweetheart deals in Chicago,” he added, “and the illegal loans that he received, at some point the media will quit taking sides on this and maybe start covering Barack Hussein Obama the same way they covered Bush, the same way they covered Cheney, and they same way they cover every Republican.”

Cunningham also compared Hillary Clinton unfavorably to current First Lady Laura Bush.

McCain was not on stage during these remarks. Immediately after the event, he distanced himself from the comments, telling reporters that he had been informed about “disparaging remarks” about his potential Democratic opponents.

“I have repeatedly stated my respect for Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton, and I will treat them with respect,” he said.

“I regret any comments that may be made about these two individuals who are honorable Americans, we just have strong philosophical differences, so I want to disassociate myself from any disparaging remarks that may have been said about them,” he said, adding later that “I absolutely repudiate such comments, and again I will take responsibility it will never happen again. It will never happen again.”

UPDATE: Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said in a Tuesday statement that McCain's remarks were appreciated: “It is a sign that if there is a McCain-Obama general election, it can be intensely competitive but the candidates will attempt to keep it respectful and focused on issues.” :cheer:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update II: Conservative flame-thrower radio host Bill Cunningham now states he is endorsing Hillary Clinton after "John McCain threw me under straight talk express bus."

Update II: Conservative flame-thrower radio host Bill Cunningham now states he is endorsing Hillary Clinton after "John McCain threw me under straight talk express bus."

Of course, I'm waiting for Obama or Clinton to distance themselves from the shrill, paranoid lunacy of the Daily Kos or MoveOn.org.

'hate speech' ?? Please. No idea who Mr Cunningham is, but he sounds like a wanna be comedian and a Don Imus type, playing up the the McCain crowd at a rally. So, calling Barack by his middle name is " hate speech " now ? <_<

Must be a VERY slow news day.

I agree. The word "hate" gets tossed around in an overly cavalier fashion for my tastes. When anytime a barb is labeled "hate", the word loses its power and we get desensitized to real instances of hate.

Hate may be strong...but McCain sure was quick to denounce this "trivial issue." Very telling.

It's fear-mongering at the very least. And you all know that is true.

That kind of behavior is typicall.You send someone out to say a bunch of bs about the otherside.Then deny you had anything to do with it,did it without my knowledge,will not tolerate that type of thing.Rove is a master at it .Both sides do it.

That kind of behavior is typicall.You send someone out to say a bunch of bs about the otherside.Then deny you had anything to do with it,did it without my knowledge,will not tolerate that type of thing.Rove is a master at it .Both sides do it.

Huh??? That's a Clinton thing. The media (both sides) don't count towards that jibber jabber of a statement of yours.

Hate may be strong...but McCain sure was quick to denounce this "trivial issue." Very telling.

So, Barack's middle name is 'fear mongering' ??? Wow, I've heard some doosies before....

So, Barack's middle name is 'fear mongering' ??? Wow, I've heard some doosies before....

It was more than just his middle name. But yes, his middle name was used as a way to incite fear by trying to brand him as an islamic terrorist.

Let's put it this way, and you know I'm right on this...if his middle name was "Steve" or "Bill" or some similarly common name to Americans, his full name would not have been used. The only reason it was said at all was to imply some kind of connection with Muslim extremists and Saddam Hussein and provoke mistrust and fear. It's stupid and juvenile. There are plenty of actual, substantive issues to disagree with Obama on without stooping to this kind of ridiculousness.

Let's put it this way, and you know I'm right on this...if his middle name was "Steve" or "Bill" or some similarly common name to Americans, his full name would not have been used. The only reason it was said at all was to imply some kind of connection with Muslim extremists and Saddam Hussein and provoke mistrust and fear. It's stupid and juvenile. There are plenty of actual, substantive issues to disagree with Obama on without stooping to this kind of ridiculousness.

What's more, it's really bad and stupid politics. Personally, I think all this Obama infatuation is a bit shallow. That being said, Obama's success plays right into the most cherished ideals of the American Epic, namely that anybody can accomplish anything in this country with enough brains, luck, and perseverance. Therefore bashing the man on his ethnic heritage, no matter how slyly it's done, is almost a guarantee for people to leap to his defense.

McCain has enough talking points with which to take on Obama. His lack of experience. His alignment with the far left of the Democratic Party. His gaping inadequacies in foreign policy. And the list goes on and on. Making fun of the guy's name, on the other hand, will not win points with anybody. McCain seems to be shrewd enough (or, gasp, decent enough) to understand this.

His whole FREAKING name is more islamic than typical American. Roy, Dale, Steve, etc. have probably NEVER met an Barack Hussein Obama. So when they hear it, they think if islam. And they would be correct. It would behoove us all to take a step back and ask should we even be considering this guy. Little bells are going off everywhere with this guy and folks are just enamored with this empty suit. So it doesn't matter how his name is used. If he didn't want to be associated with muslims, then he shouldn't have a muslim name.

Isn't Obama's middle name Hussein? Why is it "hate-mongering" to use his middle name? If you got called by your middle name would it be "hate-mongering"?

His whole FREAKING name is more islamic than typical American. Roy, Dale, Steve, etc. have probably NEVER met an Barack Hussein Obama. So when they hear it, they think if islam. And they would be correct. It would behoove us all to take a step back and ask should we even be considering this guy. Little bells are going off everywhere with this guy and folks are just enamored with this empty suit. So it doesn't matter how his name is used. If he didn't want to be associated with muslims, then he shouldn't have a muslim name.

That's just ignorant. A person should be judged by their actions, not what their parents named them or their ethnic background. It shouldn't be incumbent upon him to change his given name because some boob can't distinguish things like that.

Isn't Obama's middle name Hussein? Why is it "hate-mongering" to use his middle name? If you got called by your middle name would it be "hate-mongering"?

Because, again, the only reason his middle name is being said at all is to make an implication that somehow he's not to be trusted or is some closet radical Muslim because he has a Middle Eastern name. The purpose is to incite fear and worry. And it's utterly ignorant and stupid.

Because, again, the only reason his middle name is being said at all is to make an implication that somehow he's not to be trusted or is some closet radical Muslim because he has a Middle Eastern name. The purpose is to incite fear and worry. And it's utterly ignorant and stupid.

OK, who defines the phrase "hate-mongering"? And who made it a "rule" that we can't call him Barack Hussein Obama, just as we sometimes call Hillary, Hillary Rodham Clinton?

OK, who defines the phrase "hate-mongering"? And who made it a "rule" that we can't call him Barack Hussein Obama, just as we sometimes call Hillary, Hillary Rodham Clinton?

Oh, I think it's a very sneak, passive aggressive thing to do. It's infantile, and it's really beneath a party that should be arguing issues. After all, 48 years ago, they were doing the same thing to JFK, holding up the bogeyman of Catholicism to scare whitebread America. The fact that Barack Obama does not have a nice, neat Anglo-Saxon surname is being used in the same way to try and scare the bejeezus out of white America.

First, it's important to look at intent. The evocation of the middle name is to associate the person depicted with something unpleasant. In the case of Hillary Rodham Clinton, the entire point of bringing up her middle name was to associate her with paleo feminism of the same stamp of Gloria Steinem. The entire point of using Hussein is to associate him with Saddam Hussein.

It's just stupid pandering and, besides that, it will backfire. Just debate the guy upfront on the issues and you'll have a fighting chance. Debate the guy on his ethnicity, and you will be absolutely destroyed at the polls in November.

I guess you have say it in a nice voice.

So now he has a name that means nothing to him. I have my daddy's name and it means the world to me. Are some of you saying that his name has no meaning? That it's just a name? Guess what, Titan, there's a lot of us "ignorant" folks that do not feel as you do. You seem to be really loving on the achmed folks here lately. I think they can hold their own. And we have every right to refer to achmed Obama's real name. In this country a man's name ALWAYS has meaning. When we use his real name, we are not comparing him to a killer, we are just pointing out that he is closer to the religion of death than most of us are.

There was a guy in my town named Richard(Dick) Dangle.He was a well respected,college dean.He had a funny name too.

There was a guy in my town named Richard(Dick) Dangle.He was a well respected,college dean.He had a funny name too.

There's a woman in Birmingham named Mimi Head. She's president of Ram Tool Company. Her husband's name is Richard.

You can look it up.

Look. I know the difference but I enjoy messing with the dingles that worship at achmed Obama's feet.

BUT. There are MANY folks in this country who do not differentiate. Those are the ones who will vote with this in mind.

I guess you have say it in a nice voice.

Sen. Clinton referred to herself by her full name early on. Sen. Obama has not ever done that, even before Saddam Hussein became a byword.

So now he has a name that means nothing to him. I have my daddy's name and it means the world to me. Are some of you saying that his name has no meaning? That it's just a name? Guess what, Titan, there's a lot of us "ignorant" folks that do not feel as you do. You seem to be really loving on the achmed folks here lately. I think they can hold their own. And we have every right to refer to achmed Obama's real name. In this country a man's name ALWAYS has meaning. When we use his real name, we are not comparing him to a killer, we are just pointing out that he is closer to the religion of death than most of us are.

I'm not loving on him. I disagree with him and will not be voting for him. But I also believe that a man's actual words and actions are what define who he is, not the implications being made by some knuckledragger that likes to toss around his name as code for "radical Muslim sympathizer" or "we can't trust him." If you don't trust him, give actual reasons from his votes, his policies, his speeches. Don't play the sissy little "he has a funny name" routine like you spend your nights running around with a sheet on your head.

Archived