The Chávez Democrats

Tigermike

What a disjointed and uninformed statement that was.

DISJOINTED?!?!? Yea, I was still getting over the flu so I can agree it was disjointed. Uninformed is the wrong word for it since it was more of an opinion then facts presented so it is difficult for it to an uninformed statement.

My point was that on both sides we ignore situations that one respective side created or certainly has not made real steps to stop and focus on other, often less serious situations. I personally am more concerned about Darfur then I am the oil and Chavez. But that is just me.

What do we do about Darfur? Negotiate? Bribe? Build roads? Kill the badguys? The left cries over things like this, but they have NO stomach for a fight. This is an identical situation to Somalia and Mohammed Farah Aidid. The only national interest we have there is stemming the tide of radical Islam's march across Africa. Of course, that's plenty for me, but the Left will not finish a fight any more, and they will only start ones where they believe no one will get killed (e.g., cruise missiles hitting factories at 0400) or where we have no clear national interest. You can't use Bosnia as a good example because that was the last set-piece battle perhaps ever. That was easy to bomb formations from 15,000 feet and relative safety from AA fire. Besides, we bombed the wrong freakin' side ;)

If you want to invade, kill the Sunnis, and set up a new pro-west government I'm down with that. Anything short is just librul nuthuggery. A total waste of time. Islam and the 3rd world only understands one thing: the aggressive use of force. Everything else is a vacuum, and vacuums don't tend to exist for long.

God,will someone invade Darfur

What a disjointed and uninformed statement that was.

DISJOINTED?!?!? Yea, I was still getting over the flu so I can agree it was disjointed. Uninformed is the wrong word for it since it was more of an opinion then facts presented so it is difficult for it to an uninformed statement.

My point was that on both sides we ignore situations that one respective side created or certainly has not made real steps to stop and focus on other, often less serious situations. I personally am more concerned about Darfur then I am the oil and Chavez. But that is just me.

What do we do about Darfur? Negotiate? Bribe? Build roads? Kill the badguys? The left cries over things like this, but they have NO stomach for a fight. This is an identical situation to Somalia and Mohammed Farah Aidid. The only national interest we have there is stemming the tide of radical Islam's march across Africa. Of course, that's plenty for me, but the Left will not finish a fight any more, and they will only start ones where they believe no one will get killed (e.g., cruise missiles hitting factories at 0400) or where we have no clear national interest. You can't use Bosnia as a good example because that was the last set-piece battle perhaps ever. That was easy to bomb formations from 15,000 feet and relative safety from AA fire. Besides, we bombed the wrong freakin' side ;)

If you want to invade, kill the Sunnis, and set up a new pro-west government I'm down with that. Anything short is just librul nuthuggery. A total waste of time. Islam and the 3rd world only understands one thing: the aggressive use of force. Everything else is a vacuum, and vacuums don't tend to exist for long.

God,will someone invade Darfur

Probably not. But President Obama will provide billions for the clean up of the mass graves ten years from now. He will also speak sharply of the need for understanding and cross-cultural tolerance in the region. He may even address the UN to ask them to send a sharply-worded letter of disagreement with the leaders of the slaughterers. Forget all this claptrap about the dems being bedwetting libbies....Obama will be a man of action!

I can show figures,statistics on the ecomomy that shows the exact opposite of what you are saying.

No, you can't.

Archived