SEC shutouts in the draft.

FootballFanatic

Looks like every team in the SEC east got at least one pick from the draft.

West supplied a large amount of picks from only a couple programs.

Alabama was snubbed entirely along with the other 2 bottom feeders of the SEC west, :om: and :msu:

Alabama really does = :om: in more ways than one. Not only were both snubbed by the draft, both have an overated coach trying to get them to a better than 500 record ;)

Looks like every team in the SEC east got at least one pick from the draft.

West supplied a large amount of picks from only a couple programs.

Alabama was snubbed entirely along with the other 2 bottom feeders of the SEC west, :om: and :msu:

Alabama really does = :om: in more ways than one. Not only were both snubbed by the draft, both have an overated coach trying to get them to a better than 500 record ;)

Not surprised................***********yawn***************

I AM surprised nobody took Pegues (I'm sure I misspelled it), from Mississippi State. Sure, he was small, but he was fast. I imagine somebody got him as a free agent.

Not only were both snubbed by the draft, both have an overated coach trying to get them to a better than 500 record ;)

I don't know how many times I've said this on an Alabama forum when someone was ripping Urban Meyers or saying something about Miles being overrated... but the absolute fact is that like Meyers and Miles, Saban has won a National Championship. And if that happens, than in my book all comments made about that coach being 'overrated' is void. They don't give those out. Our absence in the 2008 NFL draft is another story, and it was a story that had nothing to do with Saban being a mediocre, average, or overrated coach because he simply isn't.

I AM surprised nobody took Pegues (I'm sure I misspelled it), from Mississippi State. Sure, he was small, but he was fast. I imagine somebody got him as a free agent.

He's actually still in school, he'll be a senior this coming year. It seems like he's been there forever though, just like Titus Brown (although he actually is finally gone).

I don't know how many times I've said this on an Alabama forum when someone was ripping Urban Meyers or saying something about Miles being overrated... but the absolute fact is that like Meyers and Miles, Saban has won a National Championship. And if that happens, than in my book all comments made about that coach being 'overrated' is void. They don't give those out. Our absence in the 2008 NFL draft is another story, and it was a story that had nothing to do with Saban being a mediocre, average, or overrated coach because he simply isn't.

I agree that you have to be a great coach to win an NC. I don't think there is a lot of disagreement about that. The things is that you can still be overrated. I personally think Saban is a great coach, but not the second coming of Christ like some act. He is way overrated and I'll explain why.

Alabama fans seem to think that with Saban they are destined to get another NC, and that proves he is overrated. In the SEC you have Mark R. Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier, Les Miles, Tommy Tubbs, Nick Saban, and Bobby Petrino. That is seven of the best coaches in the nation. Having a top tier coach doesn't make you win a NC, it gives you a chance to compete in the SEC. He is overrated. Doesn't mean he isn't a great coach, but he is still overrated.

He's actually still in school, he'll be a senior this coming year. It seems like he's been there forever though, just like Titus Brown (although he actually is finally gone).

Yeah, I thought he was AT LEAST a 4th year senior.

Yeah, I thought he was AT LEAST a 4th year senior.

Thank the Good Lord Pegues hasnt graduated yet. He is a real talent. No players drafted from MSU tells me that Croom is a better coach than we (State Fans) give him credit. I can understand the frustration of getting your butt kicked for what seemed like forever. I love Coach Croom and I'm glad Bummer passed him over.

Speaking of UAT, the vast majority of State fans hate Alabama almost as much as Ole Miss. BTW, I have alot of respect for Auburn fans. The ones that I have come in contact with at ball games are cordial and show great sportsmanship.

Miles proved me wrong by winning the SEC/NC

Now he needs to show everyone he can win the SEC without Saban's players.

If he does, I will admit I was wrong about him

If he struggles the next few years, many will be right about him

Haha, somehow I don't think he "needs" to show anyone anything. He just accomplished what every coach in America sets out to every year. Something tells me he's sleeping all right whether fans from other SEC schools are impressed with him or not.

Haha, somehow I don't think he "needs" to show anyone anything. He just accomplished what every coach in America sets out to every year. Something tells me he's sleeping all right whether fans from other SEC schools are impressed with him or not.

If Miles wasn't sleeping well because of internet posters, I would be more troubled by him.

You may think it doesn't matter but it seems that almost every coach that has ever won in their first few years has gone through the "Win with your own players" argument and it has even been brought up here before on multiple coaches.

I mean, this forum was tough on Richt until he won the SEC in 2005 and even then a few on here thought we did it with Donnan's players (I forgot who but it was 2-3 posters)

I think it does matter and it looks like Miles will be fine with his recruiting classes but you never know

If Miles wasn't sleeping well because of internet posters, I would be more troubled by him.

You may think it doesn't matter but it seems that almost every coach that has ever won in their first few years has gone through the "Win with your own players" argument and it has even been brought up here before on multiple coaches.

I mean, this forum was tough on Richt until he won the SEC in 2005 and even then a few on here thought we did it with Donnan's players (I forgot who but it was 2-3 posters)

I think it does matter and it looks like Miles will be fine with his recruiting classes but you never know

I agree, the same argument came up with Larry Coker at Miami. Butch Davis had a freaking pro team at Miami when he left.

But, I think Miles is actually going to do very well....as long as he quits taking so many stupid chances.....note: Auburn vs. LSU and UF vs. LSU

This thread seems like it isn't at all "intended to bait people into "discussions" that will be anything but civil"

This thread seems like it isn't at all "intended to bait people into "discussions" that will be anything but civil"

Get over it

Archived