Edwards endorses Obama

WinCrimson

he waited long enough.

from what we've heard from several in the news media to supporters of obama, he's clinched the nomination.

so he waited until after obama clinched the nomination to endorce the democratic presidential candidate. ewards wasn't going to endorce mccain was he? nope.

plus, this endorcement was well timed. even though apparently hillary's win in west virginia was small and expected, this was a damage control endorcement.

with this endorcement too, obama hopes to slightly chip away at hillary's 30% point lead in Kentucky.

again though, having said all of this, obama has already clinched the nomination. :)

Maybe he's the VP in waiting?

An Obama/Edwards ticket would be interesting, any word on who McCain will tab as his veep?

That would be great if he picked edwards. A two time nomination loser who made millions off of shoddy lawyering. Man crush wc?

That would be great if he picked edwards. A two time nomination loser who made millions off of shoddy lawyering. Man crush wc?

"Shoddy lawyering..." :rolleyes:

I was in a hurry :big: .

I was in a hurry :big: .

"Shoddy lawyering" works, I would have known whom he meant if he had left Edwards's name out of the post...

It wasn't shoddy if he was making millions

An Obama/Edwards ticket would be interesting, any word on who McCain will tab as his veep?

I think someone posted an article on her yesterday about Mike Huckabee being on the shortlist and maybe I am dreaming it up but I think that Fox News said something about him also. Anyways back to the topic.

I think I had asked WinCrimson who he was going to endorse about a week or two before Pennsylvania and you posted something about all of Edwards supporters leaning towards Obama, didn't you? Crap I can't remember it's been too long. Good endorsement for a Democrat to have. I know that most of my liberal friends were big time Edwards supporters to begin with. Might even be a good VP to have. Might would help him out with the white working class vote. Anywho, good endorsement pick up.

Explain your hit and run accusation, sir.

AUTiger1, yeah, I do remember saying that. Edwards had a funny coalition -- neo-liberals and blue collar workers.

His 7% in WV was made up of the latter, obviously. This endorsement helps, but like others have said, the nomination is sealed... Though, it may provide legitimacy to the Obama campaign. Huckabee would do the same thing for McCain with social conservatives.

from what we've heard from several in the news media to supporters of obama, he's clinched the nomination.

You're gonna get it from Tigermike.

he can bring it although i hope i 've been here long enough for some to know where i stand in the politcal spectrum.

They(some in media) play it both ways. They go on a barrage of airtime saying there's no way she can win. Discredit her wins. Saying it's over. Its impossible for her to win the nomination. Hillary wins Pennsylvania, we hear it doesn't cut into Obama's lead at all. Then, credit Obama for closing the gap in the loss in Pennsylvania. Don't credit Hillary from being 20% plus points behind in some NC polls to cut the lead into the teens. She wins Indiana... but barely.

She wins West Virginia by a 2-1 margin despite all the rhetoric of Obama is the nominee. He's clinched it. It's impossible for her to win. Sure it's a small state. Very few delegates. And we again hear how it doesn't cut into Obama's lead. So it's no biggie. Keith Olberman in the West Virginia coverage even went on to say "exit polls are showing that Hillary is a 2-1 favorite, but with the returns in so far, she is not a 2-1 favorite." At the time only 1% of the vote was in. :blink:

Then despite Obama being the front runner and already clencher of the nomination, it's breaking news that John Edwards endorces Obama. Then, the media which said that Hillary's win wasn't a big deal, go on to leave us with the thought of Edwards delegates and endorcement will offset Hillary's gains after saying Hillary's wins are small beans and she has no chance to win.

So which is it? Do her wins mean anything? Or do they not? Does she have a chance to win or not? If they want it both ways, come out and say so. This thing is a huge mess to analyze, but nobody wants to address this fundamental inconsistancy.

Simply put, she will fall short of 2025 delegates. Right now, Obama is very close. Does he have 2025 yet? No. Is he close? You betcha. Let him get 2025 and we will declare him the winner.

TM does not know the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart. He still thinks Hillary has a chance.

TM does not know the difference between a sneeze and a wet fart. He still thinks Hillary has a chance.

Yeah the sneeze is 'runinred63's opinion on anything. The wet fart what happens to runinred63 at the mere mention of Obama.

Explain your hit and run accusation, sir.

here's your link

Your hero made mega millions off of a premise which is a crock. He was purty and a smooth talker so he won many juries over. He ended up filthy rich and the end result was many doctors and potential doctors deciding to close shop or not set up shop in his home state.

He basically sucks but knows how to talk very smoothly mand can easily win over young impressionable people like yourself who believe he is truly concerned about the poor masses when in actuality the poor suffer due to the way he slimily made his millions.

You just keep beating your edwards drum and living and learning.

Who said he was my hero?

Secondly, you know absolutely nothing about Edwards' legal career or the legal system in general. I hate to say things so bluntly, but your acid tongue coupled with your lack of knowledge on the subject have left me no choice.

I'm not going to debate this with you because I know my black Labrador retriever could provide better rebuttals. Just know that you have zero facts on your side and that you've become a pawn for insurance companies and corporate interests without even knowing it.

God willing, nothing will ever happen to a member of your family in which you need an attorney. You know, like if your toddler sat on a faulty pool drain and was disemboweled in front of your eyes. That damn John Edwards. As for doctors? Don't ram lethal holes in your patient's jejunum and all is well. Again, that slimy John Edwards fighting for injured/dead victims of negligence. Damn him!

Who said he was my hero?

Secondly, you know absolutely nothing about Edwards' legal career or the legal system in general. I hate to say things so bluntly, but your acid tongue coupled with your lack of knowledge on the subject have left me no choice.

I'm not going to debate this with you because I know my black Labrador retriever could provide better rebuttals. Just know that you have zero facts on your side and that you've become a pawn for insurance companies and corporate interests without even knowing it.

God willing, nothing will ever happen to a member of your family in which you need an attorney. You know, like if your toddler sat on a faulty pool drain and was disemboweled in front of your eyes. That damn John Edwards. As for doctors? Don't ram lethal holes in your patient's jejunum and all is well. Again, that slimy John Edwards fighting for injured/dead victims of negligence. Damn him!

Oh wah. I say he is your hero because of the way you always start to drool when his name is mentioned here.

Evidence has shown as mentioned in my link that the premise that edwards made the bulk of his money off of was pure bs and was thought by many to be so at the time he was doing it. He is just a smooth talker who won over some juries. He couldn't do it again today because now the evidence is solidly against him. He had a narrow window and he jumped through it.

Poorer people now suffer because of the verdicts he won with an invalid premise. They have less availibility for certain kinds of medical care and can't really afford to travel to receive the care they need. I'm sure he has won some valid cases as well and if he has then kudos to him for those.

I don't slam lawyers in general. I respect anyone who is truly out to help the public in general. I don't respect smooth talkers who bilk the system, hurt the poor while raking in millions, and then try to reach political office as an "advocate for the poor". Give me a break. I have no in depth knowledge of the judicial system but I do understand much about it and the value of good lawyers.

Archived