BAM!!!! #15, LAVOYD JAMES Has Committed to AUBURN

The Prowler

If I listened to Alabama fans, then we would be at the bottom of the SEC because our recruits for the past 6 years have been below par with Alabama...

Yeah we should get t-shirts that say

"Auburn - consistently whippin Alabama's @$$ with less talent since 2002"

Sounds like a slogan to me.

If I listened to Alabama fans, then we would be at the bottom of the SEC because our recruits for the past 6 years have been below par with Alabama...

Yeah we should get t-shirts that say

"Auburn - consistently whippin Alabama's @$$ with less talent since 2002"

Sounds like a slogan to me.

Auburn - winning where it's not important---on the field.

With 15 recruits already in the fold the last 10 can be heavy 5* attempts. If we can geta few 5 stars in those last 10 slots our recruiting class will be damn good. Even if they are a bit short overall ;)

Those Mobile saban walls sure did not stand for long...

so, let me understand this......

James was the third Mobile County commit you guys have gotten. two of those, Alabama did not even offer. those three are all 3 star guys, and their position rankings are 35, 44, and 83. two of those three are related to somebody already playing for AU.

Alabama gets one from Foley, one from Mobile, and one from Pensacola. they are all 4* with two of them a hair shy of 5*. their position rankings are 3, 5, and 6.

so, just how are you guys pulling down the top talent in the Mobile area and kicking UA out when we didn't even offer two of those three? Alabama has only offered 5 Mobile area people for 2009. one has already committed to AU (Coleman). three others have pulled the trigger, and Gerald West is the 4th out of the 5 offers that will also commit to UA. when we get 4 of the 5 guys offered in the Mobile area, and the only one that we didn't get has a relative playing for AU already.....i don't think thats bad.

EDIT: i forgot about Cotton....he was in Mobile, but now in Maryland. he is a 3* with a position ranking of 12, but Alabama did not offer him either.

You're relying on a websites analysis of these guys. I'll happily listen to our coaches. If these guys at this website were so brilliant, they would be coaching somewhere.

Uh, we didn't offer him.

:roflol:

Alabama did not even offer.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Thanks for playing, Guys!

Quick where is the next Bammer so they can fill out their trifecta ticket!

In regards to the concern over the lack of height, please think about how long Tony Franklin is going to last. It's good to have variety because when there is a change in the coaching staff, you need the athletes for that change as well. With the luck Auburn has with a coordinator these days, we may need tall WRs because by the time they are juniors we will probably have a different coach.

You need tall WRs for the deep ball and in traffic. Short WRs are nice, but they are better known for short throws (typical in the spread offense) where you rely on speed.

I agree that we have a ton of WRs on our roster right now. Some will graduate soon, some will never play a snap in their life, and some are born for TF's system. We have so many WRs because we are changing our style of offense and haven't had the greatest WRs in the past.

Just remember that we need variety in general, not just focused on what today's offense is. What would we do if we had no drop back QB if we abandoned the spread next year? Or what if the spread had come in a year earlier? Would we have abandoned Brandon Cox all together? Just remember that someday (likely soon) there will be another change.

I thought the Idea in general was to run the spread with Div 1 high star recruits and tear people up.

We seem to be picking up smaller guys with a lot of speed that most colleges don't take first. If we are recruiting a lot of players that only fit the spread then we aren't doing what most consider the point of Div 1 teams playing the spread.

A lot of non Div 1a teams play the spread because they can get the smaller 5'9" players that Div 1a doesn't pick up and then uses a system to try to win with the smaller guys.

My thoughts on the spread were oriented along the top Div 1A recruits playing the spread would be scarey.

James was the third Mobile County commit you guys have gotten. two of those, Alabama did not even offer. those three are all 3 star guys, and their position rankings are 35, 44, and 83. two of those three are related to somebody already playing for AU.

Alabama gets one from Foley, one from Mobile, and one from Pensacola. they are all 4* with two of them a hair shy of 5*. their position rankings are 3, 5, and 6.

so, just how are you guys pulling down the top talent in the Mobile area and kicking UA out when we didn't even offer two of those three? Alabama has only offered 5 Mobile area people for 2009. one has already committed to AU (Coleman). three others have pulled the trigger, and Gerald West is the 4th out of the 5 offers that will also commit to UA. when we get 4 of the 5 guys offered in the Mobile area, and the only one that we didn't get has a relative playing for AU already.....i don't think thats bad.

EDIT: i forgot about Cotton....he was in Mobile, but now in Maryland. he is a 3* with a position ranking of 12, but Alabama did not offer him either.

You're relying on a websites analysis of these guys. I'll happily listen to our coaches. If these guys at this website were so brilliant, they would be coaching somewhere.

so i guess i can say every one of our recruits is as good as a 5* because i trust that our coaches know what they are doing, and they wouldn't offer them otherwise? or does your theory only apply to AU recruits?

Uh, we didn't offer him.

so i see you aren't willing to try and refute what was said.

so i guess i can say every one of our recruits is as good as a 5* because i trust that our coaches know what they are doing, and they wouldn't offer them otherwise? or does your theory only apply to AU recruits?

Well I think his main point was he doesn't care what you or your recruiting service think. BTW were not the team without a first round draft pick in 8 years or the team thats been getting pounded by its 2 division rivals for the last 6 years. So call me crazy, but yes we trust Auburn's staff over yours.

If you want to say every one of your recruits is a 5*, be my guest. If our coaches offered and they accepted the commit this quickly, then they obviously want them and are confident in them. Now, if they're wrong and all these kids turn out to be busts, then the coaches will have some explaining to do. Until then, I'm happy with these kids they are finding. The one from Miss, who "no one cares about," has an invite to the Army All-American game. They don't just hand those out to anyone. I think Stallworth will end up playing DB, as does the LSU fan I brought this kid up to. He said from what he's heard, he's just a great athlete who can play anywhere, and will probably play DB in college. People in Louisiana know about him and he said LSU didn't offer because they didn't have a need for him this year.

Stars are fun and all, but when it comes down to it, they're there to sell subscriptions and to keep people coming back to their site. They may be dead on with some of these kids, but it's been shown time and time again, that grading a 17 or 18 year old in high school is a very inexact science. And the ones that they are grading now haven't even played their sr season. Stars are so objective it's ridiculous. Did you read the ESPN/Scout write up on Lavoyd James? Here's the link if you haven't(see evaluation/notes) - http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/t...recruitId=59404 He may be a 3 star on rivals, but he sounds exactly like what we're looking for in Franklins offense. For all we know, he'll be 6' 190 by the time he graduates, and up to 200 lbs after his freshman year.

If our coaches have them participate in a camp and spend time with them and have the confidence in them to offer a scholarship and accept within a day or two, then they obviously saw something they're looking for in that kid, whether he's got 5 stars or 0 stars. Until our team totally falls apart because of the recruits we're getting, then I'll support the coaches and their decisions.

And furthermore, only one of those kids we got is considered a true WR. The other two, other than the OL, are considered ATH, which means they can play several positions. Like I said before, I think Stallworth moves to DB, even though he's played QB most of the time - read his writeup and you'll see why - http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

Uh, we didn't offer him.

We already covered why Alabama didn't offer. NO ARREST RECORD!

Well I think his main point was he doesn't care what you or your recruiting service think. BTW were not the team without a first round draft pick in 8 years or the team thats been getting pounded by its 2 division rivals for the last 6 years. So call me crazy, but yes we trust Auburn's staff over yours.

best i can recall, CNS and his crew haven't been there for 6 or 8 years.

whatever, we'll just keep winning on the field, and you can keep arguing about recruiting. Recruiting is really the only thing you have left at this point to grasp to since no one can present facts on the future. What's the excuse gonna be in a few years when the streak is still going and Saban is gone? Coach XXXX has only been here for a year, we've got some great recruits, and things are gonna change.

Uh, we didn't offer him.

What's to refute? You guys never offer anyone that commits to AUBURN! We have heard that for years.

BTW - It sure must hurt for :au: to beat :ua: with all those guys that :ua: didn't want. :big:

Keep digging Son, keep digging. :P

Not trying to spin anything here, but I'm still stunned at how in the hell we can be talking about ratings when these guys haven't even enrolled for their senior seasons. Would Auburn have offered any of this latest group of kids if they hadn't seen them up close and personal, going through the drills the Auburn coaches wanted to see them run? Would Bama have offered if any of these guys went to their camp and stood out from hundreds of others?

If Saban had a 5'10 and 180 lb. kid smoking everyone with a 4.4 time and making cuts like crazy and catching the ball all over the field...would the kid get an offer?

If Saban had a 5'10 and 180 lb. kid smoking everyone with a 4.4 time and making cuts like crazy and catching the ball all over the field...would the kid get an offer?

Not unless he was a "BIG TIMER", if he wasn't a "BIG TIMER", Coach $ would tell him to do really good his Senior season to garner more "Stars" then he'd offer.....Now if Auburn had offered the prospect before he got to the spuat camp, then he'd offered.

Isn't it about time you and your brethren started acting like fans of a team that sucks and approach these forums with a bit of humility.

Win some games before you come here and criticize Auburn or glorify Alabama. All that matters is what happens on the field and until you have some success on the field, remember Whosyadaddy.

<I'll say it for you, this is a recruiting forum and you are expressing your God given right to point out how superior your recruits are. There, done. Now until it's proven on the field, your recruits are the same pile of crap you've been fielding for a decade.>

Uh, we didn't offer him.

What's to refute? You guys never offer anyone that commits to AUBURN! We have heard that for years.

BTW - It sure must hurt for :au: to beat :ua: with all those guys that :ua: didn't want. :big:

Keep digging Son, keep digging. :P

Nice Work TigerMike!!!

Archived