BAM!!!! #15, LAVOYD JAMES Has Committed to AUBURN

The Prowler

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!

LaVoyd James WR 5'10 180lbs 4.4 40, he's getting (3.5 Grillz) from me......Dude is another flat-out Lightning in a Bottle.

Welcome Aboard Mr. LJ....

http://auburn.rivals.com/default.asp?type=2

Another 5'-something, 4.4-4.5 wr/rb. That's enough. No doubt that we need that style of player, but that is all we seem to be recruiting.....especially when aded to the wr's from 2008. How about 6'-5" 4.5 or no more.

BTW Prowler....this isn't reported by Scout or Rivals.....you must know "Deep Throat".

LaVoyd James | WR

Hometown: Mobile, AL

Williamson High School

Ht: 5'11" Wt: 175

Last Updated:6/16/2008 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

Evaluation / Notes Briefing Room / Features

Status

ESPN 150 Watch List

Evaluation

James is an explosive and speedy wide out with excellent feet, change-of-direction skills and suddenness as both a route runner and runner after the catch. He reaches top speed rapidly and possesses some of the best top end speed we have seen in this class. A true vertical threat that lacks great size and bulk, but is a candidate to play either outside or in the slot. Is equally adept at working against zone or man-to-man coverage. Is hard to handle one-on-one because he explodes off the line and gets on the defenders toes quickly and is explosive with his cuts into and out of breaks. Has a nice feel for zone defenses when working out of the slot. Will settle and find soft spots and is very dangerous in space after the catch. Possesses big play flair and the speed to out run angles and fest corners to the endzone from anywhere on the field. Has quick hands and snags balls effortlessly on the move. Does not lose much when adjusting to poorly thrown balls, is tough, will go up for the ball and has no fear across the middle of the field. Gets upfield immediately after the catch. He can break down defenders once in space and has great wiggle and quickness to make multiple defenders miss. As mentioned, he isn't very big, may not have great redzone production or jump ball ability, but he is crafty and quick and he knows how to get open. Very good prospect and would be a nightmare in the spread in a Percy Harvin-type role.

Don't get excited. whiteplainsmoron has already declared he's a nobody and we can't win with him. Nothing to see here...move on.

I think we have a good legitimate shot with either one of these, Erick McGriff (6'4 190 4.6), Jamal Patterson (6'2 195 4.5), Jheranie Boyd (6'2 185 4.45), Patrick Patterson (6'3 215 4.5), and Kendall Kelly (6'4 210 4.45). I know I left out some....Meta probably knows better on this, than I do.

would be a nightmare in the spread in a Percy Harvin-type role

And that explains why CTF Loved this kid at the camp......What say you plainwhitemoron?

3 STARRRSSSSSSBBLLLGLGHAHASHSGDGSGHGAGFDsgdhsgdahgsgfjashgdfagsk

What???? The Sheriff is Near? The Sheriff is near, everybody.

Right now, the "Grillz" are all that really count. These kids are all on summer break and haven't enrolled for their senior years. If our staff evaluated them and know they can play big time ball at this level, then you have to believe some serious senior seasons are about to occur.

Then, Rivals will start going, "Dayumm, now I see why Prowler.com gave this kid 4.5 Grillz and a BOOM MF YEAH SI."

Good to hear. I will agree with the lack of height in the WR corp, but any commit is a good commit. Hopefully they just stick around.

Just don't get too cocky - we have a good amount out of Mobile now, but there is still plenty of time. There are still a lot of recruits still out there to battle with Bama and others over.

Those Mobile saban walls sure did not stand for long...

Uh, we didn't offer him.

Now BG, how did we all know you would be the first to say that?

Just don't get too cocky - we have a good amount out of Mobile now, but there is still plenty of time. There are still a lot of recruits still out there to battle with Bama and others over.

Oh yeah, I definitely realize that, but I'm going to enjoy these past commitments and the ones to come. War "Damn" Eagle!!! I'm just not gonna rub it in any one's face....never have, never will. That's what good parenting and/or self control and/or being humble will do for ya.

So saying that, all I gotta say is......

BOOM!!!!!!M****F*****!!!!!!!AAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

But seriously guys, we just need to calm down, be happy for the prospects that have decided to join our Auburn Family, just stay humble tomorrow as much as possible, and whatever you do don't look the bammers in the eyes...Try not to snicker too loud as they go by, definitely don't poke 'em with a stick...they hate that.

One last thing, don't go chasing them around, flapping your arms screaming War Eagle M****F******....they hate that, too.

On another note, can you imagine what it would be like to have 4 wideouts, all about 5'10" 180-190 and all running 4.4's...taking off every play in Franklin's spread.

DB's will be like..."Wait, WTF was that? I thought you had him". :lol:

I think we have a good legitimate shot with either one of these, Erick McGriff (6'4 190 4.6), Jamal Patterson (6'2 195 4.5), Jheranie Boyd (6'2 185 4.45), Patrick Patterson (6'3 215 4.5), and Kendall Kelly (6'4 210 4.45). I know I left out some....Meta probably knows better on this, than I do.

And that explains why CTF Loved this kid at the camp......What say you plainwhitemoron?

We clearly have offered to some large WR's and need some to commit. We already have a lot of WR's on campus and plenty of them are the small, quick type with serious speed. IMO, we now only need large WR's/RB's for the remainder of 2009.

The guys coming in for the 2008 class are:

Darvin Adams 6'2"

Harry Adams 6'

Phillip Pierre Louis 5'9"

Derek Winter 6'

Currently, some of the WR roster loks like:

Montez Billings 6'2"

Quindarius Carr 6'1"

Robert Dunn 6'

Tim Hawthorne 6'3"

Charles Olatunji 6'2"

Chris Slaughter 6'3"

Rod Smith 6'

James Swinton 6'

Terrell Zachary 6'1"

Relax folks. We're freakin' stacked at WR and it looks like speed, speed, quickness and then more speed, is the name of the game under Franklin

We clearly have offered to some large WR's and need some to commit. We already have a lot of WR's on campus and plenty of them are the small, quick type with serious speed. IMO, we now only need large WR's/RB's for the remainder of 2009.

Just playing devil's advocate here. How familiar are you with what Franklin is trying to accomplish on offense and the importance of size vs speed in doing that?

Just playing devil's advocate here. How familiar are you with what Franklin is trying to accomplish on offense and the importance of size vs speed in doing that?

I'm not pretending to know what CTF is trying to do. I'm just working off a football fundamental that a few exceptionally talented small guys are needed, but you really would rather have a plethora of WR's that are 6'-4 running a 4.4 instead of 5-9, 175#, 4.4. I'm just saying what we've done is OK, but we now only need large WR's now.

If the coaches recruit more small guys is this a coincidence or change in strategy? "IF" it is a change in strategy, then this challenges conventional wisdom, which is a gamble that could prove genius, disaster or of no consequence 3-4 years from now.

If this is a change in strategy and not coincidence then.......... It is June and there is nothing else to do and I am repectfully speculating what the plan may be.

Uh, we didn't offer him.

Uh, who cares?

Runinred63.

Surely you were able to read the part I quoted.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!

LaVoyd James WR 5'10 180lbs 4.4 40, he's getting (3.5 Grillz) from me......Dude is another flat-out Lightning in a Bottle.

Welcome Aboard Mr. LJ....

http://auburn.rivals.com/default.asp?type=2

Was he offered by USC, Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame, AND Michigan?

If so, he may be worth getting excited about. Well that is unless Ga Southern even talked to tainted him.

:poke:

Seriously, I'm glad to see some early success in Mobile.

Uh, we didn't offer him.

He must not have an arrest record.

Uh, we didn't offer him.

He must not have an arrest record.

Not necessary. Saban covers how to get one during two-a-days. Part of "the process." :P

3 STARRRSSSSSSBBLLLGLGHAHASHSGDGSGHGAGFDsgdhsgdahgsgfjashgdfagsk

What???? The Sheriff is Near? The Sheriff is near, everybody.

Genuine, frontier gibberish? :)

:au::homer:

so, let me understand this......

James was the third Mobile County commit you guys have gotten. two of those, Alabama did not even offer. those three are all 3 star guys, and their position rankings are 35, 44, and 83. two of those three are related to somebody already playing for AU.

Alabama gets one from Foley, one from Mobile, and one from Pensacola. they are all 4* with two of them a hair shy of 5*. their position rankings are 3, 5, and 6.

so, just how are you guys pulling down the top talent in the Mobile area and kicking UA out when we didn't even offer two of those three? Alabama has only offered 5 Mobile area people for 2009. one has already committed to AU (Coleman). three others have pulled the trigger, and Gerald West is the 4th out of the 5 offers that will also commit to UA. when we get 4 of the 5 guys offered in the Mobile area, and the only one that we didn't get has a relative playing for AU already.....i don't think thats bad.

EDIT: i forgot about Cotton....he was in Mobile, but now in Maryland. he is a 3* with a position ranking of 12, but Alabama did not offer him either.

Archived