Lionel Mitchel Done

PChamp119

Back Problems for the once starting CB

Saban also discusses Will Oakley (WR) broke a foot and may not be ready for preseason practice; Brandon Lewis was an academic casualty that enrolled in JC; Melvin Ray has gone to MLB; and Destin Hood is considering MLB as well.

So, basically what we have is...

Two incoming freshman that are choosing to make big bucks in pro baseball, a guy who couldn't make the grades, a receiver that has never really contributed, and a defensive back that has contributed for every team other than the one he plays for.

No sleep lost.

LM has always had back problems dating back to his days at Hargrave. He showed a lot of potential though. The problem is, he got in Saban's doghouse early and often.

Oakley was a dissapointment. CONSTANTLY injured.

I must admit that I am a bit "dizzy" after reading the uat spinsters diatribe.

No smack here. Just an update on players from our biggest rival. You have to give Saban credit for one thing. He knows that attrition, in one form or another, will get him where he needs to be on scholarship numbers. Some got injured (happens to all programs) and some went a different route (baseball).

Come on Win and BG. I don't think anyone believes that losing a CB and a #4 WR is going to break the season.

The real news is that two Alabama football players are off the team without being arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.

Come on Win and BG. I don't think anyone believes that losing a CB and a #4 WR is going to break the season.

Did I ever say that it would?

Mitchell was one of the worst college football players I had ever seen. Just freaking terrible.

LM has always had back problems dating back to his days at Hargrave. He showed a lot of potential though. The problem is, he got in Saban's doghouse early and often.

Oakley was a dissapointment. CONSTANTLY injured.

Saban has a dog house??? :poke: Another half game suspension for everybody!!! :)

:au::homer:

Saban also discusses Will Oakley (WR) broke a foot and may not be ready for preseason practice; Brandon Lewis was an academic casualty that enrolled in JC; Melvin Ray has gone to MLB; and Destin Hood is considering MLB as well.

...when is posting a no-name player/s status (injury mind you) from a non-auburn team something to discuss? i haven't a clue to who these guys are and don't really care. can someone tell me the newsworthiness of this post?

...when is posting a no-name player/s status (injury mind you) from a non-auburn team something to discuss? i haven't a clue to who these guys are and don't really care. can someone tell me the newsworthiness of this post?

This is the "Rivals" forum. Folks post stuff pertaining to our rivals that may be interesting to others. This post was regarding Bama player, but was posted by an AU fan. There is a UGA fan on this site, I have posted UGA articles that I thought he may not have seen. I am a HSFB and CFB fan and not just an AU fan. I keep up with HS players that I've watched play and most of our rivals, just not to the same degree as AU.

You are not obligated to read the Rivals Forum. I don't care about Basketball and hardly ever read it.

Mitchell was one of the worst college football players I had ever seen. Just freaking terrible.

Less than a month ago BG was singing Mitchell's praises saying he would take him over anyone on our roster, sans Powers.

Not saying that you share his viewpoint, but the timing of you calling him "freaking terrible" is interesting to me.

Less than a month ago BG was singing Mitchell's praises saying he would take him over anyone on our roster, sans Powers.

Not saying that you share his viewpoint, but the timing of you calling him "freaking terrible" is interesting to me.

Care to provide a link for that statement? Here's what I said about Mitchell:

and if Mitchell stays healthy he's also a proven SEC quality corner

I mentioned him LAST when talking about our depth in the secondary. After I talked about all our others. And yes, Mitchell showed to be serviceable when he wasn't playing hurt. I never touted him as the second coming.

I also disagree with WC's assertion that he's "freaking terrible"

His INT in the 2006 Arkansas game doesn't make up for his countless whippings. He was completely lost in the Colorado game and Georgia picked on him until they won.

He ranks right up there with Kecalf Bailey and Marquis Johnson for the worst ever.

I'm sure your players appreciate those sentiments.

Although, you can't help but suck if your mama named you Kecalf. What happened that day for his mother to look down and go, "Aaaawwww, that boy looks like a Kecalf."?

"Care to provide a link for that statement? Here's what I said about Mitchell"

I don't care to. I just wanted to see how long it would take you to respond. I'm sure you spent a solid 10 minutes finding that thread to copy and paste from, which makes me smile a little.

I don't care to. I just wanted to see how long it would take you to respond. I'm sure you spent a solid 10 minutes finding that thread to copy and paste from, which makes me smile a little.

That's funny right there.

Made me chuckle too. I can just see BG scouring the forums looking for that. :roflol:

Well played.

Search feature/search this forum/"Mitchell"

Took about 20 seconds.

Worth. Every. Second.

;)

That's funny right there.

Made me chuckle too. I can just see BG scouring the forums looking for that. :roflol:

Well played.

I actually laughed out loud. (That and a uater on an AU board after midnight???) :lol::lol::poke:

Archived