Poll shows Obama with a double-digit lead

RunInRed

If McCain's policies are so right and Obama's are so stupid....

With just over four months to go until voters weigh in at the polls, a new survey suggests Sen. Barack Obama is holding a double-digit lead over Sen. John McCain among registered voters.

According to a new Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll, Obama holds a 12 point lead over McCain in a head-to-head match up, 49 percent to 37 percent. But when third party candidates Ralph Nader and Bob Barr are added to the list, Obama's lead over McCain extends to 15 points, 48 percent to 33 percent.

The survey is the second in a matter of days to indicate McCain may face a sizable deficit as the general election campaign kicks off. A Newsweek poll released four days ago showed the Illinois senator with a 15 point lead.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

He had better do a good job between now and then. Mondale had this kind of lead as well. I don't expect that kind of swing, but this the conventions haven't even started yet.

If he wins, he had better not prove me right. I hope he doesn't, but I can't see him doing anything but pushing the U.S. towards a U.S.S.A.

I agree that June polls don't mean much, especially historically:

"Bill Clinton was leading Bob Dole by up to 19 points in June, 1996; Clinton won by eight. Michael Dukakis had a 14-point lead over George Bush the elder in June, 1988; Bush won by seven. Jimmy Carter was up nearly 20 points in June, 1976 but in November eked out a two-point win. And Richard Nixon managed an even smaller victory in 1968 even though he had a 16-point margin that June," Holland noted.

But I was still surprised in the jump - Obama was up 4-7 points in recent weeks and lately we've seen two polls with him in double digits? All you say he is wrong/flip-flopped on campaign finance, offshore drilling, habeus corpus, etc. So if why the spike? Maybe they polling data are outliers, who knows.

I think it's that people really don't care about anything except the current situation. Most really don't like either candidate, but it's important to note. We'll see what it looks like a month from now.

LOL! A Los Angeles Times poll. Does it really make you feel better to find the most out of skew polls around and quote them here? Are you twying to scare folks? lol. It isn't hard to find a poll showing McCain up by double digits, I'm glad the Conservatives here are above that sort of thing.

So if why the spike? Maybe they polling data are outliers, who knows.

Maybe it's the bump that they usually get with they clinch the nomination, just a week or two late?

Although I'm still expecting Obama to win with 60% of the vote.

LOL! A Los Angeles Times poll. Does it really make you feel better to find the most out of skew polls around and quote them here? Are you twying to scare folks? lol. It isn't hard to find a poll showing McCain up by double digits, I'm glad the Conservatives here are above that sort of thing.

Could you post one of those conservatives poll showing McCain up nationally by double digits? TIA.

So if why the spike? Maybe they polling data are outliers, who knows.

Maybe it's the bump that they usually get with they clinch the nomination, just a week or two late?

Maybe. The next few weeks should be interesting to see if they taper off or hold.

I weep for America's future. Not just because she is about to elect a terrible candidate, but because of how stupid the lemmings are who make that "decision". Since a democrat will unfortunately probably win, I wish Clinton had gotten the nomination because she doesn't scare me. She would be a decent President because she would want to be re-elected. The white person hater on the other hand...

Real Americans don't want change. "Changes" like affirmative action, social security, etc all have contributed to the downfall of our country. And the communists now want universal health care?! Civil War 2 anyone?

The white person hater on the other hand...

Please stick to the issues and keep this kind of nonsense off the board.

That is a major issue. I am offended that you tell me I should ignore it. I might sue.

Until you know how to do that and actually do it, don't you presume to tell anyone what to post or how to post.

Until you know how to do that and actually do it, don't you presume to tell anyone what to post or how to post.

Calling some one a "white person hater" is beyond out of bounds. Your inability to see that as a moderator of this board is quite disturbing and definitely brings into question your judgement.

Really? Calling Obama essentially a racist is acceptable?

I really wouldn't expect to much different at this point. obama just captured the nomination, and the democratic race has been covered pretty prominently to this point - almost "free" advertising if you will. McCain and the Republican party have been relatvely quiet, but hopefully that will start to change. They'll have oto be careful of course, because overly critizing obama will get you labeled as a racist.

I really wouldn't expect to much different at this point. obama just captured the nomination, and the democratic race has been covered pretty prominently to this point - almost "free" advertising if you will. McCain and the Republican party have been relatvely quiet, but hopefully that will start to change. They'll have oto be careful of course, because overly critizing obama will get you labeled as a racist.

No, calling Obama a white person hater gets you labeled as a racist (with good reason).

Could you post one of those conservatives poll showing McCain up nationally by double digits? TIA.

one irrefutable poll that shows the truth :big:

No, calling Obama a white person hater gets you labeled as a racist (with good reason).

Ok lets have a battle of white people calling eachother racist. :rolleyes:

Look I know it feels hip to act all nonracist, but that is actually more racist than speaking the truth. And go ahead and get all uptight when Obama wins cause we are gonna talk crap about him even though he is black and thus off limits in your mind. Not in mine. White or black, he sucks as a candidate, but black he wins.

Obama supports (supported you will claim) a church that is in your face racist. His wife has made her self clear as well. You are what you eat and who you roll with. How you explain away the writing on the wall is beyond logic. Atleast you wont get to complain when your taxes double to pay even more for food, clothes, shelter, healthcare, illegal drugs, and alcohol of those who Hussein Obama is going to help out. There goes the country, farther down the ole crapper. Congrats Democrats...any new flag design ideas?

(CNN) — A set of polls released Thursday shows Barack Obama leading John McCain in four critical battleground states — Michigan, Wisconsin, Colorado and Minnesota.

A new Quinnipiac University/Wall Street Journal/Washingtonpost.com survey put Obama up significantly over the Arizona senator in Minnesota — 54-37 percent – and Wisconsin — 52-39 percent. His lead is smaller in Colorado — 49-44 percent — and Michigan — 48-42 percent.

This comes on the heels of another Quinnipiac poll last week that had Obama leading in the key swing states of Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida.

In a briefing on Wednesday, Obama campaign manager David Plouffe explained the campaign's strategy to reach the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency. The campaign is counting on winning the 20 states John Kerry won in 2004, looking to add Iowa, and then setting their sights on several others. Among those: the four states included in Thursday's poll.

Watch: CNN's John King breaks down the electoral map

Plouffe said Michigan is one of the most competitive states, attributing its competitiveness to the fact that Obama didn't campaign or run ads there in the primary. He claimed they are "very strong" in Colorado and "very competitive" in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

The poll surveyed between 1,300 and 1,600 likely voters from June 17-24 with margins of error of plus or minus 2.5 percent for Minnesota and Wisconsin, 2.6 percent for Michigan and 2.7 percent for Colorado.

The latest CNN national poll of polls has Obama up 48-40 over McCain among registered voters nationwide.

BUT HE HAS A DOUBLE DIGIT LEAD!!!!!!

HEHEHE. It's only JUNE.

Just like Bama, National Champs until after the season starts....then it's another 7-6 with a win or loss in the Who-give-a-darn Bowl.

;)

What states is Obama currently winning that he won't win in the general election, remt? Not pressing you. Just curious.

it's enevitable at this point right?

that way if he loses it was: voter fraud, ignorance, 527s, stupidity, racism,

i just hope my reason of thinking he's too liberal will at least be i n the top 5 reasons people aren't voting for Obama.

he's still going to win

Archived