It really is about race.

CCTAU

You can say "I haven't said that" but you have. It's a summary of your entire point in this thread.

But you can have the last word. I'm done wasting my time on this one.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can say "I haven't said that" but you have. It's a summary of your entire point in this thread.

But you can have the last word. I'm done wasting my time on this one.

I haven't said any such thing. The summary of my point for the last several posts is fairly simple. You said that for a lifelong black Republican to vote for Obama, it must be because of race. I pointed out that many life-long Republicans have found reasons to vote for Obama, or at least against McCain. I gave you a specific example of one such Republican who spelled out his reasons for doing so. I never said that ANY Republican should vote for Obama, or that it would necessarily be easy for them to do so. But I do know that every election, some Democrats vote for the Republican and some Republicans vote for the Democrat. Different people have different priorities. For Lieberman, the Iraq war trumps the long list of things he prefers Obama's positions on. I suspect that for Hagel, the opposite is true. I don't fault either man for making that choice. I don't think a Democrat is crazy for voting for McCain if they either believe strongly in the war, or if abortion is their overriding issue. It simply is not as simple as you see it.

Archived