NCAA 09

I'm super hyped about NCAA 09. I only have a Wii, and this is the first time its been available. It sucks that it is stripped down a bit (no online) but I'm buying it nonetheless.

With online dynasties, the Xbox and PS3 versions look freakin' sweet. Anyone buying this?

It looks like the EA Sports guys have been hittin' the hard stuff in the offseason. Check out these team rankings...

Team Overall Offense Defense

Georgia 99 99 99

Florida 94 96 94

LSU 91 88 96

South Carolina 89 86 92 <-----??????

Tennessee 89 88 92 <-- :blink:

Alabama 84 88 82

Auburn 84 83 87

Ole Miss 84 86 87 <--We are equal to Ole Miss on "D" and overall, but worse on "O".

Arkansas 79 79 82

Kentucky 77 77 82

Mississippi State 74 75 78

Vanderbilt 72 75 71

According to EA sports, Auburn is way down this year, and Georgia is unstoppable.

EA made the player rankings available for all the Top 25 teams (7 SEC programs). According to their list, here are some that made me chuckle.

1. Apparently Kodi Burns (our top QB) is worse than Florida's number 1, 2, AND 3 QB. Also, he is worse than Georgia's 1 and 2 QB.

2. Tray Blackmon = 17th best LB. Chris Evans = 9th best.

3. Wes Byrum, the Iceman.... overall......ranked........60. That's worst out of all the top 7 programs in the SEC.

Yeah that's the only disappointing thing about the way EA does their games. I love NCAA Football and will be picking this up just like have every year since NCAA 2003. But they're guys who set the team abilities are just retarded!

Ugh, I was 100% not buying this game but since UGA is #1 I will buy it dammit

Game will be just another extension of the last few

average

Picked it up for the 360 last night. Just like everyother NCAA game, except that now, when I play at Jordan-Hare, it tells me "Welcome back to Fayetteville..." when I resume play after the end of a quarter. Great QA, EA.

Picked it up for the 360 last night. Just like everyother NCAA game, except that now, when I play at Jordan-Hare, it tells me "Welcome back to Fayetteville..." when I resume play after the end of a quarter. Great QA, EA.

I always ran the Louisville play book so w/Petrino at arky I ran the arkansas playbook, when I heard the Fayetteville remark I thought it was maybe that I was running that playbook.I guess it's a system wide glitch. <_<

Played it on the wii last night.....it was like going back in video game time three years. It doesn't even have JHS, just some generic nfl lookin stadium. It is beyond stripped down. If you have a wii, don't buy it . Save your money and get madden 09 when it comes out. Madden 07 for the wii > ncaa 09 go figure.

Played it on the wii last night.....it was like going back in video game time three years. It doesn't even have JHS, just some generic nfl lookin stadium. It is beyond stripped down. If you have a wii, don't buy it . Save your money and get madden 09 when it comes out. Madden 07 for the wii > ncaa 09 go figure.

Good to know. I had my reservations about it since it was the first time it is being released on the Wii. Was the gameplay similar to Madden or are the controls better? I honestly didn't like the controls for Madden 08 on the wii.

Good to know. I had my reservations about it since it was the first time it is being released on the Wii. Was the gameplay similar to Madden or are the controls better? I honestly didn't like the controls for Madden 08 on the wii.

The controls are fine except for it doesn't allow you to do alot of things yourself. Catching the ball as a reciever is extremely frustrating. And i hate wiggling the remote to juke and stiff arm. But on the plus side it does run really smooth. But like anything else for nintendo it's way too kiddie. Oh, and there is a huge scoreboard in the top center of the screen that NEVER goes away, the play clock runs extremely fast, and you will fumble at least five times a game.

And I thought I was hearing things. I got it last night for the PS3, but didn't get to try it out until after the All-Star game was over. I just thought I was too tired and went to bed.

Oh well, Woo Pig Sooie!!!

The thing that frustrates me is one of the little information pieces it has on Auburn is that they are commonly referred to as the War Eagles

I haven't played UGA but I know they are ranked as 99 overall. Def top 5 team in the game.

Just some other funny notes. I was playing as Auburn and winning pretty bad and the announcer said well it looks like this is going to be a barn burner, which I thought was pretty funny.

Also sometimes when a player makes a long TD run they say, well it looks like they are taking it to the barn

These aren't just for AU, I just thought it was funny hearing it sense the bama fans call us the barn.

I've always liked it when you are kicking the snot out of some team by 40, and their QB hits a 25 yard pass play late in the 4th and Corso says something like "Yo!!! This D is in for a long day."

I took UGA into five overtimes last night. Ended up winning on a Kodi Burns QB sneak from the 1-inch line. And yea, UGA is probably the best team in the game.

A word of advice, go into the volume menu and turn everything down a little bit except for crowd noise. Turn that up all the way, and then crank the volume on your TV up, and pump up the crowd on a 3rd down. :)

The custom sounds feature is great. I used my collections of AU Marching Band CD's for realism - everything from first downs, to time-out music, to random cheers. Also set Eye of the Tiger to play before a 4th down play on defense, Welcome to the Jungle to play when my defense takes the field after a kickoff, and Livin' on a Prayer to play at the start of the 4th quarter.

Geez, with all these reviews.....

..I'm just depressed.....

Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome game. I just thought it was funny with the comments. They just haven't found a way to make the commentary better over the years.

I would guess they're getting close to the amount of information that can fit on one disc. That might be limiting the capabilities in some aspects.

Sooooo yeeeeah, I did the campus legend mode and made myself a 5 star RB recruit. Since this was my first go, I went ahead and signed with Auburn. Not the best decision. I'd say the CPU runs passing plays with Auburn 80% of the time. I may have to transfer after my freshman year.

Archived