OK, tell me what Obama meant with this statement

Tigermike

Tell me what he meant when he said this:

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

The phrasing of it — a “civilian national security force” — sounds something like a quasi-military organization operating within the US under the control of the federal government.

Just last week he called ICE agents, terrorists. We already have the FBI, DEA, Treasury agents,etc, etc, etc, etc

If you don't believe he actually said that, then use the link to YouTube and see for yourself.

The media needs to ask Obama about it but they'd have to report it first.

Why doesn't the Obama website have that speech available?

I just thought he meant the FBI, CIA, etc....

I don't mean that in any disrespectful way towards them either. My Uncle was the Head of Counter-Espionage for the FBI for years and recently stepped down. I think he was mentioned on a thread awhile back but I just kept my mouth shut ;)

He also stated that his job as commander-in-chief will be to set the strategy for the military and then order the joint chiefs to carry it out. The last Presidents to do this were Lyndon Johnson and Jimmy Carter and we saw how well that turned out.

There's a difference between vision/mission and strategy. Even still, some CEO's are "micromanagers", while some take the 50k feet approach. I don't think Obama is going to get into the tactical decisions of carrying out a mission...but as always, I guess I could be wrong.

Tell me what he meant when he said this:

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

The phrasing of it — a “civilian national security force” — sounds something like a quasi-military organization operating within the US under the control of the federal government.

Just last week he called ICE agents, terrorists. We already have the FBI, DEA, Treasury agents,etc, etc, etc, etc

If you don't believe he actually said that, then use the link to YouTube and see for yourself.

The media needs to ask Obama about it but they'd have to report it first.

Why doesn't the Obama website have that speech available?

Obviously he means the Gestapo force that will go house to house making sure that we go to our appointed doctors at the appointed times for our appointed checkups. And while we're gone, they'll run our thermostats up to 78 during the summers and 65 in the winters.

Kidding...but really I do kinda wonder what that means. Would like to see the rest of the speech. Guess I'll spend the 30 minutes on Youtube it I can stomach watching him that long.

Archived