Obama visits Karzai

RunInRed

BTW....I don't hate Obama......

I distrust him to some degree, and I dislike his vision for America. But I can't judge him as a person other that what is printed and what he states as his own facts.

My beef, overall, is that democrats will sacrifice advancing defense initiatives by cutting back or phasing out programs like missle defense, advanced combat technologies, etc. to fund programs here at home with the same issues that the pentagon has been, in some cases, acurately accused of.

Republicans cut military budgets and programs, too. It's about prioritizing needs vs. wants. Unfortunately, when Democrats do it they're accused of hating the military.

Cheney proposed, for instance, disbanding part of the Army's Fourth Infantry Division, Congressional Quarterly reported in 1989. Troops from that division captured former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein last December.

Cheney canceled the B-2 bomber program after 20 planes, even though the Air Force saidit needed 132. He also canceled the Navy's A-12 bomber and scaled back the Seawolf submarine.

During his Pentagon stint, the size of the Army was reduced by more than 26 percent, the Air Force by 22 percent, the Navy by 14 percent, and the Marines by 10 percent, according to the Pentagon's official biography of Cheney.

LINK

As for funding domestic programs, Obama has repeatedly said that these things would be funded by rolling back the Bush tax cuts for those individuals making $250K+. Per your link, he said he'd like to use the military savings to fund veterans programs that are woefully lacking.

As for funding domestic programs, Obama has repeatedly said that these things would be funded by rolling back the Bush tax cuts for those individuals making $250K+. Per your link, he said he'd like to use the military savings to fund veterans programs that are woefully lacking.

Al you are not so stupid to believe that BS. There is no way in the world he could ever fund all the programs he wants to and pay for it with just that small tax increase. You know it and he knows it. But neither of you will ever admit it.

Then there are his "other" taxes he plans on implementing. Then there would be the added fuel tax the dims want to push through. No wonder you guys were so proud of John Kerry. In fact he still dreams of making the U.S. more like France.

Archived