Alabama lands Anthony Orr

runswithscissors

3* DE out of Harvest, AL. 6'4" 260 lbs 4.7 40 with offers from AU, UAB, Clemson, MSU, South Carolina, UT, UCF to name a few. he only camped at UA and AU so far. Rivals has him as #13 overall in the state in their Top 30 for AL, and as #24 in the country for strongside DE. Scout has him ranked as #27 in the country. he is a high 3* with a Rivals ranking of 5.7, so low 4* status should be attainable with a decent season. he recently scored a 19 on the ACT, but not sure on his GPA so hopefully qualifying won't be a problem.

I thought I read somewhere that bama had cooled on Orr. Did you guys hear that?

Nah, I didn't hear much about that, but that's no real surprise for me.

you may be thinking about Farms. from what i understand he was a UA lean, but we have cooled on him for whatever reason. wouldn't be surprised if he signed with you guys, good pickup as far as i'm concerned. as a fan i certainly wouldn't mind if he did commit to UA tho.

you may be thinking about Farms. from what i understand he was a UA lean, but we have cooled on him for whatever reason. wouldn't be surprised if he signed with you guys, good pickup as far as i'm concerned. as a fan i certainly wouldn't mind if he did commit to UA tho.

Are you talking about olineman Johnnie Farms? If so his mom tells a different story. He's also more than likely headed to UF. But I'm pretty sure I read that you guys had cooled on him. I'll go back and look at Bone's articles. I thought you guys might have got back on him when DeQuinta Jones committed to UM.

Somebody forgot to tell saban he's only a three star. I thought taking a three star recruit was beneath you guys. :poke:

four of our 3* are only a tenth of a point away from 4* status, and another four are two tenths away. but we all know if they have good season and get a tenth of a point you guys will claim yet another year of Rivals bias. also, Scout has Rod Woodson as a 4* whereas Rivals has him at a 3*. Orr is a 3* also but you guys offered him, so i'm sure he's just underrated and has the utmost greatest character so i'm happy with that. :thumbsup:

Rod Woodson is really good. Anthony Orr on the other hand is probably the most overrated player in-state. I think his best position is as a 3-4 DE which luckily enough for Bama is probably what he'll be playing as in your defense.

Archived