Hey Meta...

MDP32AU

Kind of pointless seeing as how our class is basically almost full :P

Last I heard we were expected to take about 2 more OL, 1 or 2 more DBs (2 if we get can get the guys we really want), 1 or 2 more LBs (again, 2 if the guys are right), 1 more interior DL, probably another DE is we can get the right guy, and likely another WR/ATH/RB "system" type guy.

Off the top of my head the guys I'd look for would be:

Johnny Farms (OL)

Thad McHaney (OL)

Petey Smith (LB/DL)

Jonathan Atchison (LB...will go either AU or Bama)

Jamar Travis (DT)

Montez Robinson (DE)

Zeke Motta (LB/S...I like our chances if Florida doesn't offer)

Jamal Patterson (not really sure what his standing is).

We have 20 commitments right now (NOTE: Scott is no longer being counted as a commitment, despite Rivals still listing him as one) and I'd probably expect around 27-28 signings (again, off the top of my head).

Last I heard we were expected to take about 2 more OL, 1 or 2 more DBs (2 if we get can get the guys we really want), 1 or 2 more LBs (again, 2 if the guys are right), 1 more interior DL, probably another DE is we can get the right guy, and likely another WR/ATH/RB "system" type guy.

Johnny Farms (OL)

Thad McHaney (OL)

Petey Smith (LB/DL)

Jamar Travis (DT)

Montez Robinson (DE)

We have 20 commitments right now (NOTE: Scott is no longer being counted as a commitment, despite Rivals still listing him as one) and I'd probably expect around 27-28 signings (again, off the top of my head).

Great thanks for taking the time to do that.

So, with Scott gone, no more RB targets?

So, with Scott gone, no more RB targets?

Looks like they are fine with Perkins and Jacobs, with Reggie Hunt still in the process of getting cleared. Again, it wouldn't surprise me if we took another RB/ATH type guy, but I'm not really expecting it at this point.

Also, keep an eye on Mywan Jackson who could be the guy in that QB/ATH/WR type spot. Its an AU/Michigan battle right now from what I can tell, although I'm not sure solid his offer is right now. If we take 2 from Armwood I think that Smith/Jackson are probably the most likely (Smith basically a lock, dont think theres room for Hadley even if he wanted to come, and Giddins is a big longshot).

Johnny Farms (OL)

Thad McHaney (OL)

Petey Smith (LB/DL)

Jamar Travis (DT)

Montez Robinson (DE)

Did you exclude Brandon Heavens as well? Rivals has us with 22 "Commitments" right? But that includes Brandon and Rodney

Johnny Farms (OL)

Thad McHaney (OL)

Petey Smith (LB/DL)

Jamar Travis (DT)

Montez Robinson (DE)

Did you exclude Brandon Heavens as well? Rivals has us with 22 "Commitments" right? But that includes Brandon and Rodney

Oops, 21 is the correct number. I did not exclude Heavens

Hey meta, I've been wondering about Brandon Jacobs. Where are they projecting him to play? He seems to be a great RB, but some of the things I saw when he committed made me think he may turn out to be a linebacker.

Hey Meta, if Mr. Atchison commits to AU, will Branden Smith look at us a little harder? Being that they're supposedly good friends.

Branden Smith is still in play although I have no idea how realistic our chances are. He is good friends with Atchison who we lead for, however, some UGA fans I talk to say that he's better friends with some WR in next year's class who is likely UGA bound...they seem to think that Smith is in the bag for UGA.

Meta, does all this mean that we have given up on Tana Patrick, Dre Kirkpatrick, Alvin Hines, Kendall Kelly, Motta and others?

Meta, does all this mean that we have given up on Tana Patrick, Dre Kirkpatrick, Alvin Hines, Kendall Kelly, Motta and others?

I mentioned Motta in my post. I'd be surprised if Alvin Hines still has an offer (simply no room IMO). We have no shot at Kirkpatrick or Kelly, and haven't for a while. Dont think we get Patrick either.

I mentioned Motta in my post. I'd be surprised if Alvin Hines still has an offer (simply no room IMO). We have no shot at Kirkpatrick or Kelly, and haven't for a while. Dont think we get Patrick either.

meta,

Who do you think, from your own assessment, is in the lead for these kids?

With the Atchison commit, does this mean Auburn is holding a spot for Petey or is it possible we are done? Meta mentioned one or two lb slots left but I assumed one of them was being held for Petey.

With the Atchison commit, does this mean Auburn is holding a spot for Petey or is it possible we are done? Meta mentioned one or two lb slots left but I assumed one of them was being held for Petey.

Petey Smith still has a spot, although I have heard that he's playing a bit of a dangerous game right now...

Archived