Alabama DB leaves the team....

runswithscissors

You didn't read the article, the author states that even though bama is under the scholly limit they could use more space since players are paying their way to get on the field this year to avoid the cholly issues and one is on a bryant schollie which is a very touchy subject.

Include one or 2 guys working on getting cleared to go to school and bama can use more than one spot.

Are you suggesting Burnthall wasn't going to go to class and get his scholarship awarded education? Just because he is a 2 star and probably won't see playing time doesn't merit him being treated like a professional player and pressured to transfer.

I am just pointing out that the Bama is under their limit isn't 100% accurate and this guy leaving is sort of an odd coincidence.

I am just against students being treated like pro's, if they can't earn playing time they still have a scholarship and they should get to keep it if they keep up their grades. If it so happens the guy wants to transfer out to play football then this is all just pointless :)

You didn't read the article, the author states that even though bama is under the scholly limit they could use more space since players are paying their way to get on the field this year to avoid the cholly issues and one is on a bryant schollie which is a very touchy subject.

Include one or 2 guys working on getting cleared to go to school and bama can use more than one spot.

With all due respect, you didn't post an article that was an official release. It was simply a guy with an opinion. It was mentioned before summer that some guys COULD pay their own way if we needed them to. As of right now nobody is paying their own way, as the article mentioned could happen if necessary. Jermaine Preyear isn't trying to get cleared for now. He just had surgery and is expected to sign in the next class. Who really knows about Kerry Murphy? We were at 83 before Burnthall decided to leave. There was no need for him to be pressured to leave as you suggested for us to get under the limit. We were already there.

Are you suggesting Burnthall wasn't going to go to class and get his scholarship awarded education? Just because he is a 2 star and probably won't see playing time doesn't merit him being treated like a professional player and pressured to transfer.

I'm not suggesting anything. You are the one making accusations that he was pressured to leave because we were trying to meet scholly numbers, which was completely inaccurate.

I am just pointing out that the Bama is under their limit isn't 100% accurate and this guy leaving is sort of an odd coincidence.
Bama under their limit IS 100% accurate. Saban just mentioned there is a chance a walk-on will be awarded a scholarship. If were aren't under the limit there is no scholarship to give.

I am just against students being treated like pro's, if they can't earn playing time they still have a scholarship and they should get to keep it if they keep up their grades. If it so happens the guy wants to transfer out to play football then this is all just pointless :)

Again, only Burnthall knows the real reason why he decided to leave. I know he asked for a release and was given one, which normally means he will be transferring to another school instead of quitting all-together. Most of the time that means the player actually wants to play football instead of just participating on the practice squad.

Just another kid that the $4mil boy has kicked to the curb to make room. Sad.....

Thats pretty much the story there. This is the first kid without an injury problem or medical issue that has gotten kicked out to make room for Sabans crew. Kid didn't do anything wrong and hes on his way out of school to maybe land in a lesser school.

Nice to see Saban finally cut an undeserving throat to get a bit closer to his scholly limit.

Why make statements about things that you know nothing about? We don't know what's going on in this kid's life and why he needs to leave school. There could be something wrong with his family, and it is none of our business to know. He asked to be released and permission was given. This happens every day at all universities, and no one questions it, but if Bama does it, then there is some evil reason behind it. We were already below our scholarship limit so why would this kid even enter into that?

I understand wanting to beat another school in sports, disliking some other coach,and even hating another school, but I do not understand the constant picking apart everything that happens somewhere else, and never looking at things that happen at my own school that could easily be misunderstood by someone else.

I think it's more that most of the people here are just joking and using some of the same words that were used by some Alabama fans concerning Deron Furr, either way, I don't see whats the big deal here. Guy decides he doesn't want to play college ball anymore, it happens all the time, so what?

You know, it may not be that he doesn't want to play college ball anymore. He may not want to play FOR THAT COACH.

Just another kid that the $4mil boy has kicked to the curb to make room. Sad.....

Thats pretty much the story there. This is the first kid without an injury problem or medical issue that has gotten kicked out to make room for Sabans crew. Kid didn't do anything wrong and hes on his way out of school to maybe land in a lesser school.

Nice to see Saban finally cut an undeserving throat to get a bit closer to his scholly limit.

Why make statements about things that you know nothing about? We don't know what's going on in this kid's life and why he needs to leave school. There could be something wrong with his family, and it is none of our business to know. He asked to be released and permission was given. This happens every day at all universities, and no one questions it, but if Bama does it, then there is some evil reason behind it. We were already below our scholarship limit so why would this kid even enter into that?

I understand wanting to beat another school in sports, disliking some other coach,and even hating another school, but I do not understand the constant picking apart everything that happens somewhere else, and never looking at things that happen at my own school that could easily be misunderstood by someone else.

I think it's more that most of the people here are just joking and using some of the same words that were used by some Alabama fans concerning Deron Furr, either way, I don't see whats the big deal here. Guy decides he doesn't want to play college ball anymore, it happens all the time, so what?

You know, it may not be that he doesn't want to play college ball anymore. He may not want to play FOR THAT COACH.

either way, just because he can't handle a particular coach's style its still his choice, not the coach forcing him to leave.

either way, just because he can't handle a particular coach's style its still his choice, not the coach forcing him to leave.

You are right, the coach is not forcing him to leave. He is choosing not to play for that particular coach. (And can you blame him?)

You are right, the coach is not forcing him to leave. He is choosing not to play for that particular coach. (And can you blame him?)

So it has nothing to do with the fact that he's been there for 3 years and is on the scout team?

Not to change the topic but I just heard on WEAR-TV in Pensacola that Chris Lett transferred to South Alabama to play for their new team. So I guess his juvenile diabetis isn't bad enough to keep him from playing for them

Not to change the topic but I just heard on WEAR-TV in Pensacola that Chris Lett transferred to South Alabama to play for their new team. So I guess his juvenile diabetis isn't bad enough to keep him from playing for them

i think that was pretty much covered when the whole Zeke Knight issue came up. the UA doctors would not clear him to play, however he still tried to transfer to another school and play. if their doctors clear him, thats their liability and USA's liability. and for that matter they are another year out from playing.

i think that was pretty much covered when the whole Zeke Knight issue came up. the UA doctors would not clear him to play, however he still tried to transfer to another school and play. if their doctors clear him, thats their liability and USA's liability. and for that matter they are another year out from playing.

I wouldn't clear him either. Nick said "he don't play" then he don't play. Are you DEAF??? Limit is 85! HELLO??? 85! HELLO??? Is this thing on? Am I talkin' to myself here, or what? He don't PLAY, Doc.

I wouldn't clear him either. Nick said "he don't play" then he don't play. Are you DEAF??? Limit is 85! HELLO??? 85! HELLO??? Is this thing on? Am I talkin' to myself here, or what? He don't PLAY, Doc.

seeing as how the kid won't even play the first down for at least another year at USA (assuming what pcola tiger posted is true), your assumption that there is nothing wrong with him is premature imho.

seeing as how the kid won't even play the first down for at least another year at USA (assuming what pcola tiger posted is true), your assumption that there is nothing wrong with him is premature imho.

You're assuming that my assumption is premature? I'm assuming that you don't know much about the word 'assume'.

So back on the topic, was Burnthall paid by the REC to quietly leave town??? I've also heard that there's another LB on the team that was a running mate of JJ, but that this LB is going to see significant playing and probably won't be kick off.

Hey, when does that JJ case go down anyway?

So back on the topic, was Burnthall paid by the REC to quietly leave town??? I've also heard that there's another LB on the team that was a running mate of JJ, but that this LB is going to see significant playing and probably won't be kick off.

Hey, when does that JJ case go down anyway?

which message board are you using for your inside info on this one?

The same one that told me about JJ months before he got caught...also, the same one that spoke about Burnthall saying that it was pretty common knowledge, around the crackstone, that Burnthall was JJ's right hand man. And that, don't be surprised if JJ names him as one of the people that was helping him. That's, of course, if he names, names. Which, from what I've heard, he won't.

Oh yeah, and the Bigfoot found in GA. is a Hoax.

Yeah, I'd heard something about a big hairy guy, out of Georgia, that fell up a flight of stairs.....I'd also heard that before he fell up the stairs, he had started to yell....."Rawww Taggghh" Another "Rogue" booster down, many more to go, lol.

just to add to this thread:

"I was happy at Alabama," Burnthall said. "My decision was nothing about the coaching staff or playing time. I just had certain things in my life I needed to take care of, and they involved me leaving."

http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20080820...338/1164/SPORTS

i'm sure that was part of his payoff from the REC. or that CNS threatened to hunt him down if he didn't say it. or that he's just being nice about it. sorry, i can't come up with any more black helicopter conspiracies. i'm not nearly as imaginative as some of you guys apparently.

Archived