Input needed

WarDlowe

I am getting a dog this weekend, and I want to name her Shug. The only problem I have with this is that I have always snickered at Bama fans that named their dogs Bear because they won't let the man die. I don't want to seem like a hypocrite by doing this, but I thought it was a great name for a dog that reflects Auburn, yet not acting like I am obsessed with a former coach.

Anyone have any other ideas for other AU names or should I go with Shug? I've always had a principal of not doing the things I poke fun at Bammers for, so this is a delimma.

WDE

Dog trainers recommend that dog names have two syllables. Which might explain why all of those labs named Bear were so ill mannered.

Tiger, Eagle, Aubie, Tommy, Jordan, for a few.

I am getting a dog this weekend, and I want to name her Shug. The only problem I have with this is that I have always snickered at Bama fans that named their dogs Bear because they won't let the man die. I don't want to seem like a hypocrite by doing this, but I thought it was a great name for a dog that reflects Auburn, yet not acting like I am obsessed with a former coach.

Anyone have any other ideas for other AU names or should I go with Shug? I've always had a principal of not doing the things I poke fun at Bammers for, so this is a delimma.

WDE

Name him Bott. (Bo Over The Top)

WDE

Name him Bott. (Bo Over The Top)

How about "Mr. Burns." If Kodi breaks through this year, you can say that you beat the rush. If he doesn't, it's still a cool Simpsons name.

Dog trainers recommend that dog names have two syllables. Which might explain why all of those labs named Bear were so ill mannered.

Tiger, Eagle, Aubie, Tommy, Jordan, for a few.

No it is anything 2 syllables or less. Think about the commands like sit, come, stay, down.

I prefer one syllable names, and Shug is a great name. I'm sure he would be pleased to have your dog named after him.

I wouldn't name him "Dye." :roflol:

As long as it's a dog and not your first-born child, I won't associate you with Bammers. Just don't use "Saban"--the dog might disappear in 2-3 years. :big:

WDE

Let that be the end of it then. Go with your gut. It's a great name.

How bout Beasley?

Archived