Bama and Tulane

autigeremt

Bama only up 20-6 with 3:31 left in the game. Bama scored on a punt return and a turnover.

Bama only up 20-6 with 3:31 left in the game. Bama scored on a punt return and a turnover.

Yeah...They aren't showing anything on the film and are finding out which subs they can count on.

JPW stats...... 11/23 for 79 yards

No one over 60 yards rushing. I say Bama was playing as usual. Big one game, flat the next. Only 108 yards rushing total. Just noteworthy.

Stange game. Tulane QB was 28/49 for 225 and no Ints.

Absolutely disgusting play on offense. What an UGLY win. We were out played all night.

2-0.....that's the good thing for your boys.

Unreal how physical that Tulane team was. Absolutely unbelievable. The only stat we weren't dominated at was the one on the score board, every other one was theirs in a big way.

Okay, so we can all settle in and realize the season has started and the blatantly obvious fact is there is very little difference in talent between #1 and #75. You'd better show up with your A game every week or you just might get embarrassed. Ohio State Michigan , West Virginia etc. looked awesome today...no?

Okay, so we can all settle in and realize the season has started and the blatantly obvious fact is there is very little difference in talent between #1 and #75. You'd better show up with your A game every week or you just might get embarrassed. Ohio State Michigan , West Virginia etc. looked awesome today...no?

and we thought last season was crazy with some of the upsets. Arky also came within an inch of losing to ULM, BYU had to block a PAT to beat Washington. looks like this season will be even wilder than last.

This weekend will forever be called "The Near Upset, Except For One Team and One Fight, Weekend"....Ohio/OSU, Washington/BYU, ULM/Ark. (Wouldn't have been that big of a surprise), Ole Miss/Wake, Tulane/uat (It was a Lot closer than the scoreboard), San Diego State/ND, Miami of Ohio/Michigan, Miami/UF (Yes, padding the score at the end doesn't count), The Cinderella Team ECU with the Upset of UWV, and Evans over Lidell with a Knockout in the second round.

I'm calling it now....Tulane will beat ECU this coming weekend if IKE doesn't force them to reschedule. If they play the game @ ECU, instead of Tulane, I'm still going with Tulane.

uat got outplayed by Tulane?..Sounds about right.

That's what $4mil will get ya'!

We didn't get outplayed. Geez. We won by two touchdowns.

We were playing with 2 of our starting five OLs in the right positions. Andre was out, Marlon got hurt in the first drive, Johnson was having to play out of position. Motley was playing his first offenseive snaps since being a nosetackle in the spring. And one of our 2 starters was playing in his 2nd game ever.

Let's not forget that we also were playing without Javy Arenas and Tiffin for much of the game thanks to concussions.

Offense looked very average tonight...and if we have to play a bunch of subs at OL all year, it will continue to look average. But I don't think that will be the case.

Sidebar, did you guys see Arenas get hit? Geez that was a solid pop.

Haven't checked yet, but I just heard that The Citadel put 420+ yards on Clemson's D yesterday...can anyone confirm? What was the score?

So the Citadel had roughly 300 yards of offense against Clemson's starters by the end of the third quarter. I wonder what they could do against Tulane. I bet they could break 200.

So the Citadel had roughly 300 yards of offense against Clemson's starters by the end of the third quarter. I wonder what they could do against Tulane. I bet they could break 200.

I doubt they would have many more yards than us if they returned two kicks for TD. And had 3 other kick returns that put us well inside their territory.

Should we have had more points? Yes. Should we have had 500 yards? Hard to do that when you have 141 punt return yards in the first half. We had a stalled drive to start the 3rd quarter. Had a promising drive ended by our first turnover of the year. Had a long TD drive after that. 4th quarter was one where the clock ran almost the whole time and we basically just grinded it out when we had the ball.

What I simply have never been able to figure out is why Bama fans (and other fans, too) visit the sites of the other SEC teams at all for any reason. If it is because they feel they must "defend their program" then that is the gayest thing I have ever heard. Auburn University does not need me visiting LSU or Georgia's fan sites defending the Tigers.

If you go there to have good honest conversation about college football in general, man, that's fantastic. But the first time you type ANY rebutal to ANYTHING said about your program is the instant you out yourself as a s%^t-stirrer, not a fan. Alabama does not need you defending them - if you want to defend your favorite team then go to a web site devoted to your favorite team and defend them from the braindead knuckleheads from other schools who come there to start crap.

If you don't like what the fans of other schools are saying about your school on their web sites don't go to visit web sites. Period.

No one is looking through O&B Glasses, we're just pointing out the facts. Tulane punched uat in the Mouth on both sides of the ball and never quit. If it hadn't been for the Blocked Punt and the Punt Return (or should I say, the missed block in the back), that game could've been a nail biter. If anyone is looking through glasses, it's most of you bammers here. We Auburn Men took plenty of flak last week from you bammers, and that was after Stompin' a ULM team, that beat y'all last year, with 300+ yards rushing. So, I say take your medicine and like it. When your return game has nearly double the amount of yards as your entire offense, something is wrong....especially when the offense can only muster 6 points against Tulane.

What I simply have never been able to figure out is why Bama fans (and other fans, too) visit the sites of the other SEC teams at all for any reason. If it is because they feel they must "defend their program" then that is the gayest thing I have ever heard. Auburn University does not need me visiting LSU or Georgia's fan sites defending the Tigers.

If you go there to have good honest conversation about college football in general, man, that's fantastic. But the first time you type ANY rebutal to ANYTHING said about your program is the instant you out yourself as a s%^t-stirrer, not a fan. Alabama does not need you defending them - if you want to defend your favorite team then go to a web site devoted to your favorite team and defend them from the braindead knuckleheads from other schools who come there to start crap.

If you don't like what the fans of other schools are saying about your school on their web sites don't go to visit web sites. Period.

There are a lot of rules on this board, but I don't think this is one of them.

If the Bammers want to be douches, I say let them. It provides a good laugh.

I don't know why having a fun, non-flamatory back and forth is bad. And I don't know what about it makes us "douches."

If I wanted to talk to people who agreed with me all day, I'd stay on a UA board.

BUt you rarely get much insight if you always talk to people with whom you agree.

A win is a win.........no matter how ugly it was.

This was one of the more boring and disappointing UA games I've been to in a while. I had tickets to the Clemson game, but wasn't able to go...and I figured a good beatdown would lift my feelings. Not so much.

Without Andre...well it looks like a different team out there. JP was getting pressured virtually every play, whereas last week he had all the time in the world to get plays off. We, however, couldn't pressure Tulane AT ALL. I swear, if Tulane's WRs could catch the ball, we would have lost. End of story.

Archived