Bama and Tulane

autigeremt

After viewing the game for a second time, there are some things that I didn't notice watching the PPV on Saturday. (Beer vision as opposed to clear vision.)

The offense misfired on many cylinders. The O-line play was directly attributable to the loss of Smith and Davis. JPW did not make the kind of reads and throws he made week before last. The running backs did not pick up the corner blitzes. The game plan was very different, I assume to try and account for the loss of Smith. They tried to run to the right with far less success because of this. The WR's did not get free like they should have.

The defense did not exploit the middle like they did versus Clemson, but they still played pretty well.

Special teams were on fire until Tiffin and Arenas were popped.

It has been debated, but Tulane pulled some pretty cheap stuff and didn't get called. Two of the times they hit JPW were a little late and helmet to helmet. Tulane hit as if trained to go for the helmet. They came off the line and took an offside on kickoff just to pop Tiffin. Arenas was already stood up when he got hit in the head. They tried to decapitate JPW as well. I don't think the block in the back that everyone debates was as obvious as everyone believes. The Tulane player was already falling down and the Bama player tripped and fell on him.

Archived