Ostriches Beware

the deacon

To all of the apologists and ostriches that revere the Auburn Creed, read it carefully. I have quoted a few lines.

'I can only count on what I earn...

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow man...

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.'

All I'm asking is that the coaching staff earn their salary and our respect. CTT came here under a cloud of lies from Ole Miss. (Pine box ring a bell?)Therefore he didn't have my respect nor inspire my confidence when he arrived.I have heard him make half truth, fuzzy, and misleading statements which cause me to continue those feelings. I have personally dealt with him and his staff regarding football matters.

If you read some of the statements he has made recently or watched the Auburn Review, you will find that he has thrown Chris Todd under the bus and has Kodi standing on the curb. That is not the human touch of the Creed you so readily try to throw up as a smoke screen. A real coach takes all the blame and sorts out the starting line-up out in practice. You let him criticize the kids that represent our Alma Mater yet you never ask why he doesn't hold his 'buds' to the same standards.

Who was responsible for the next to last series of plays when we had the ball on the 4 yd. line? If you hold the kids responsible then you don't hold fast to that creed. It was/ is the responsibility of the overpaid employees of our university; the COACHES!

Of all of the Auburn fans and family I know, to a person they are upset with the coaches.They boo the coaches and their decisions. And rightfully so. I love our players... all of them. I know the price they pay.

Tubbs demands top pay for himself and his staff but whines when the heat is uncomfortable due to his own poor decisions.He says "thats just the way it is in this state."He does not get my sympathy.

One other thing... some of you, and you know who you are, have disparaged the name of Coach Ralph 'Shug' Jordan. Shame on you. If you want to look for a representative of the Auburn Creed, there is NO finer coaching representative.Tubbs can't hold his jock strap. When those like myself try to hold Tubbs accountable for the poor production on the field you turn to the Creed and say victory is not the standard. Strange that you are the same ones that continually mention the 9 game Bama streak under Coach Jordan's tenure yet say Tubbs gets a pass on the merits of his 6 game streak. Tubbs beat the likes of Franchione, Shula and Dubose. Shug fought the Bear by being a man of the Creed. There is NO comparison.

BTW, yes I give to :au: , am a member of Tigers Unlimited,have a brick in the walk and am a Life Alum Assoc. member. My pedigree is pure tiger not pure Tubberville.

Now, stick your self righteous heads back in the sand and pretend all is right with this :au: staff.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.'

We will see what happens to this bunch. Tubberville isn't given a pass on 6 wins against Bama. It's the 13-0 SEC Champions, the 50 wins in five years, the big wins over top 10 teams, and the way he was treated by the BOT in 03'. If he contiues to lose, he will be released. That I'm sure of.

Funny how you cherry pick...Surely you don't think Tubbs statements about Todd demonstrate the human touch.

BTW, I am evaluated annually. I am held accountable for my production today. I don't get to rest on my laurels.When CTT came he said he came to win championships(PLURAL). That is the standard of excellence. He has led us to 1 SEC title.

BTW, yes I give to :au: , am a member of Tigers Unlimited,have a brick in the walk and am a Life Alum Assoc. member. My pedigree is pure tiger not pure Tubberville.

So that gives you a pass for running a man's character down, via the Internet no less? And for booing your own (presumably beloved) University? That's not the Creed I believe in.

I couldn't agree with you more that this year's team's performance stinks; it is not acceptable; and 100% of the blame falls on the coaches, starting with Tubs. (And, call me gullible, but I'd expect the man would tell you that himself.) But, if I may be so bold, this is not a place for taking personal shots (especially at our players and coaches). EVER. And you don't boo Auburn. EVER.

My apologies for being so "self righteous."

WAR EAGLE!!! BEAT WV!!!

:au:

deacon :no: having known CTT since his time at AU as members at the same church, I bet Tommy is as frustrated and unhappy about what is going on as anyone. I don't think anyone on here is saying all the problem lies with the players, it is quite evident fault lies with both. You want CTT fired that is your opinion. Don't you dare question one Auburn man's loyalty, based on a few quotes from print media, half of which is half the statement. BTW, his name is spelled Tuberville!!!!

deacon :no: having known CTT since his time at AU as members at the same church, I bet Tommy is as frustrated and unhappy about what is going on as anyone. I don't think anyone on here is saying all the problem lies with the players, it is quite evident fault lies with both. You want CTT fired that is your opinion. Don't you dare question one Auburn man's loyalty, based on a few quotes from print media, half of which is half the statement. BTW, his name is spelled Tuberville!!!!

I love how no one wants to address my points.This is addressed to those who claim the Creed to cover for Tommy and attack those of us who are unhappy with the state of this team. If the shoe fits...

First,Tuberville ran down players in public. I heard it. I'm not going on hearsay.What kind of loyalty is that?It surely isn't indicative of the Auburn Creed.Therefore, I'll question him everytime in defense of our players. These coaches hand picked these players. It is incumbent upon them to prepare them. If he wants to criticize someone let him criticize his buddies.So keep your 'don't you dare' to yourself. My statement is how dare you defend a man that lied to his previous team and slipped out under the cover of darkness. As for your church statement... that doesn't give him a free pass or prove anything.Finally, where did I say he should be fired. This post is to counter the apologists who claim any critics don't believe in the Creed all the while IGNORING THE FACT THAT Tubs is no beacon of that very Creed.

So that gives you a pass for running a man's character down, via the Internet no less? And for booing your own (presumably beloved) University? That's not the Creed I believe in.

I couldn't agree with you more that this year's team's performance stinks; it is not acceptable; and 100% of the blame falls on the coaches, starting with Tubs. (And, call me gullible, but I'd expect the man would tell you that himself.) But, if I may be so bold, this is not a place for taking personal shots (especially at our players and coaches). EVER. And you don't boo Auburn. EVER.

My apologies for being so "self righteous."

WAR EAGLE!!! BEAT WV!!!

:au:

Where do I begin... Did Tommy lie to the Ole Miss players when he told them 'THEY WILL HAVE TO CARRY ME OUT OF OXFORD IN A PINE BOX'? That is a matter of fact, not speculation. That is not the Creed I believe in.Make your own character assessment.

Not one time did I say that I boo.I'm just tired of people that accuse fans of booing the players or ,as you do, the university ,when they are booing the coaches and their poor decisions. I never condone booing players. I also WILL NEVER CONDONE COACHES CALLING OUT PLAYERS BY NAME FOR CRITICISM ON THEIR COACHES SHOW.I don't think a real Auburn man would support that.

I wouldn't call you gullible. Naive, maybe. Gullible ,never.

Apology accepted.

BTW, are you comfortable with the fact that CTT'S mistakes in hiring practices are costing us 500,000.00 per annum in salaries for OC's that no longer are on his staff?

I AGREE !!!!

I love how no one wants to address my points.This is addressed to those who claim the Creed to cover for Tommy and attack those of us who are unhappy with the state of this team. If the shoe fits...

First,Tuberville ran down players in public. I heard it. I'm not going on hearsay.What kind of loyalty is that?It surely isn't indicative of the Auburn Creed.Therefore, I'll question him everytime in defense of our players. These coaches hand picked these players. It is incumbent upon them to prepare them. If he wants to criticize someone let him criticize his buddies.So keep your 'don't you dare' to yourself. My statement is how dare you defend a man that lied to his previous team and slipped out under the cover of darkness. As for your church statement... that doesn't give him a free pass or prove anything.Finally, where did I say he should be fired. This post is to counter the apologists who claim any critics don't believe in the Creed all the while IGNORING THE FACT THAT Tubs is no beacon of that very Creed.

I haven't heard CTT run down the players, exept to state obvious and undeniable facts about players when answering questions about the players and even then they are always answered in a very courteous manner. In fact, most folks complain that he pumpw sunshine about the players...so which contradictory school of complaining do you subscribe to?

If that is running down the players...then you win.......CTT is horrible and has no class and is a disgrace to

Auburn. Will that satisfy the obvious ax you want to grind about him?

He does, however need to replace some offensive position coaches.

CTT has made public comments about the players in his defense since he arrived.

Remember: Ben (Leard) is responsible for getting us in the right formation and he's just not doing it.

My take at the time was, why is Ben on the hook? Maybe Mazzone's offense sucks. At least say it a different way... how about, we need to work on getting in the right sets at the line.

So many comments, so little patience to type them out;

Of Jason Campbell, something to the effect that they would have to run a high school offense for Jason to get it.

There are a lot of casualties in 10 years of CTT and most have come to save his face or his arse.

I agree with Deacon in the Ole Miss genesis equation. He stood in front of UM people and said he was not leaving and was gone within two days. I don't care who else did it (Saban), I don't have to like him doing it.

Just saying

Please, show where he has ran down the players in public? Call out those who are using the Creed to cover for him and attack others. Name them? I have seen nobody do such. I didn't say anything about church giving him a free pass!! I said I know him from there.

How is you can stand by the Creed in bashing CTT and at the same time say CTT is violating the Creed by running down players???? I guess you are no beacon of that very Creed either. Oh I forgot, you are a TUF donor, blah blah. CTT probably gives more back to AU than you do!

I am unhappy with the state of the team. I am critical of the coaching AND the execution of gameplans by the players. I think the point some may make of the Creed is in how some are talking negatively of the coaches. The folks I have seen bring up the Creed have done so to say to everyone bashing anyone on that team to stand as an Auburn Family by the Auburn Creed for this team and for the AUNation.

CTT has made public comments about the players in his defense since he arrived.

Remember: Ben (Leard) is responsible for getting us in the right formation and he's just not doing it.

My take at the time was, why is Ben on the hook? Maybe Mazzone's offense sucks. At least say it a different way... how about, we need to work on getting in the right sets at the line.

So many comments, so little patience to type them out;

Of Jason Campbell, something to the effect that they would have to run a high school offense for Jason to get it.

There are a lot of casualties in 10 years of CTT and most have come to save his face or his arse.

I agree with Deacon in the Ole Miss genesis equation. He stood in front of UM people and said he was not leaving and was gone within two days. I don't care who else did it (Saban), I don't have to like him doing it.

Just saying

Just saying, but maybe AU talked to him after he said those things? I don't know, b/c I wasn't there.

To all of the apologists and ostriches that revere the Auburn Creed, read it carefully. I have quoted a few lines.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow man...

All I'm asking is that the coaching staff earn their salary and our respect. CTT came here under a cloud of lies from Ole Miss. (Pine box ring a bell?)Therefore he didn't have my respect nor inspire my confidence when he arrived.I have heard him make half truth, fuzzy, and misleading statements which cause me to continue those feelings. I have personally dealt with him and his staff regarding football matters.

If you read some of the statements he has made recently or watched the Auburn Review, you will find that he has thrown Chris Todd under the bus and has Kodi standing on the curb. That is not the human touch of the Creed you so readily try to throw up as a smoke screen. A real coach takes all the blame and sorts out the starting line-up out in practice. You let him criticize the kids that represent our Alma Mater yet you never ask why he doesn't hold his 'buds' to the same standards.

Who was responsible for the next to last series of plays when we had the ball on the 4 yd. line? If you hold the kids responsible then you don't hold fast to that creed. It was/ is the responsibility of the overpaid employees of our university; the COACHES!

Of all of the Auburn fans and family I know, to a person they are upset with the coaches.They boo the coaches and their decisions. And rightfully so. I love our players... all of them. I know the price they pay.

Tubbs demands top pay for himself and his staff but whines when the heat is uncomfortable due to his own poor decisions.He says "thats just the way it is in this state."He does not get my sympathy.

One other thing... some of you, and you know who you are, have disparaged the name of Coach Ralph 'Shug' Jordan. Shame on you. If you want to look for a representative of the Auburn Creed, there is NO finer coaching representative.Tubbs can't hold his jock strap. When those like myself try to hold Tubbs accountable for the poor production on the field you turn to the Creed and say victory is not the standard. Strange that you are the same ones that continually mention the 9 game Bama streak under Coach Jordan's tenure yet say Tubbs gets a pass on the merits of his 6 game streak. Tubbs beat the likes of Franchione, Shula and Dubose. Shug fought the Bear by being a man of the Creed. There is NO comparison.

Now, stick your self righteous heads back in the sand and pretend all is right with this :au: staff.

Okay Deacon, who do you suggest we get?

Please, show where he has ran down the players in public? Call out those who are using the Creed to cover for him and attack others. Name them? I have seen nobody do such. I didn't say anything about church giving him a free pass!! I said I know him from there.

How is you can stand by the Creed in bashing CTT and at the same time say CTT is violating the Creed by running down players???? I guess you are no beacon of that very Creed either. Oh I forgot, you are a TUF donor, blah blah. CTT probably gives more back to AU than you do!

I am unhappy with the state of the team. I am critical of the coaching AND the execution of gameplans by the players. I think the point some may make of the Creed is in how some are talking negatively of the coaches. The folks I have seen bring up the Creed have done so to say to everyone bashing anyone on that team to stand as an Auburn Family by the Auburn Creed for this team and for the AUNation.

(Enter Stage Left-Island Tiger, gasping for air and visually upset by what he's stumbled upon.......)

Now come on Ladies...We're in this together aren't we?- like it or not we're family right?.....Can't we all just go shopping or something?? Maybe we could watch the Nights of Rodanthe and then go get a Mocha Frappacino from Starbucks? Better yet, maybe we could meet at my place and just bond over some warm cocoa, conversation about Kevin Costner, how much we hate bama and love Auburn?!?! You do love Auburn, right Girls?? Tell me you love Auburn Ladies...Please?!?...just say it-you know you want to!!!...one way or the other...with or without Tuberville...Come on Girls...Gimmie an "A"....Gimmie a "U"....Gimmie a "B"...Gimmie a...oh, I see how it's going to be...fine then-be that way.....you're both just bitches-do you hear me?!? You never really loved Auburn did you??-DID YOU???...This is that saban's fault-Look what he's done to us...He probably talked Costner into doing Water World too!!-It's all his fault and I hate him for it!!-Boo-hoo-hoo, Wail, Sob, Despair........

(Exit Stage Right-Island Tiger runs out of the frame, tears streaming and holding his face in his hands-the deacon and tgr4lfe stare speechless at one another as they hear a door slam in the distance...)

(Just as the deacon starts to strike back at tgr4lfe with a snappy remark...Re-Enter Stage Right-Island Tiger.....)

I'm not going anywhere-I need you both, Auburn needs you, and right now Kevin needs the ticket sales as much as we need eachother!!!....Boo-hoo-hoo, Sob, Sob, and Wail...All the bitterness is killing me-I just can't take it anymore...I didn't mean what I said Ladies-it's the stress...we just lost to Vandy and Arkansas, I'm menstrating and need chocolate-what do you expect??? We're turning on eachother and tearing apart the very fabric that binds us all together as one...I can't do it anymore...Boo-hoo-hoo, Sob, Wail, Sob.....I just want to feel loved and alive again-...War Damn Eagle Ladies....War Damn Eagle!!-AFTER ALL.....TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!!!

Okay, I'm totally joking...just felt like we were getting a little girlish so I took a shot at breaking up the monotony... :poke::big::roflol:;)

Bonus Points for anyone who knows what movie the final line came from...

(Enter Stage Left-Island Tiger, gasping for air and visually upset by what he's stumbled upon.......)

Now come on Ladies...We're in this together aren't we?- like it or not we're family right?.....Can't we all just go shopping or something?? Maybe we could watch the Nights of Rodanthe and then go get a Mocha Frappacino from Starbucks? Better yet, maybe we could meet at my place and just bond over some warm cocoa, conversation about Kevin Costner, how much we hate bama and love Auburn?!?! You do love Auburn, right Girls?? Tell me you love Auburn Ladies...Please?!?...just say it-you know you want to!!!...one way or the other...with or without Tuberville...Come on Girls...Gimmie an "A"....Gimmie a "U"....Gimmie a "B"...Gimmie a...oh, I see how it's going to be...fine then-be that way.....you're both just bitches-do you hear me?!? You never really loved Auburn did you??-DID YOU???...This is that saban's fault-Look what he's done to us...He probably talked Costner into doing Water World too!!-It's all his fault and I hate him for it!!-Boo-hoo-hoo, Wail, Sob, Despair........

(Exit Stage Right-Island Tiger runs out of the frame, tears streaming and holding his face in his hands-the deacon and tgr4lfe stare speechless at one another as they hear a door slam in the distance...)

(Just as the deacon starts to strike back at tgr4lfe with a snappy remark...Re-Enter Stage Right-Island Tiger.....)

I'm not going anywhere-I need you both, Auburn needs you, and right now Kevin needs the ticket sales as much as we need eachother!!!....Boo-hoo-hoo, Sob, Sob, and Wail...All the bitterness is killing me-I just can't take it anymore...I didn't mean what I said Ladies-it's the stress...we just lost to Vandy and Arkansas, I'm menstrating and need chocolate-what do you expect??? We're turning on eachother and tearing apart the very fabric that binds us all together as one...I can't do it anymore...Boo-hoo-hoo, Sob, Wail, Sob.....I just want to feel loved and alive again-...War Damn Eagle Ladies....War Damn Eagle!!-AFTER ALL.....TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!!!

Okay, I'm totally joking...just felt like we were getting a little girlish so I took a shot at breaking up the monotony... :poke::big::roflol:;)

I believe it came from "Gone with the Wind"... what do I win for knowing?? :rolleyes:

that was teh ghey.

Your points are IDIOTIC. Congratulations, in over 1,600 post on this site, you are the first I have ever called a name.

Your points are IDIOTIC. Congratulations, in over 1,600 post on this site, you are the first I have ever called a name.

Don't be so bashful in the future. There are a bunch of them here. :P

For an expert on what it means to be an Auburn man you sure can't spell Tuberville.

For an expert on what it means to be an Auburn man you sure can't spell Tuberville.

:big::big:

Where do I begin... Did Tommy lie to the Ole Miss players when he told them 'THEY WILL HAVE TO CARRY ME OUT OF OXFORD IN A PINE BOX'? That is a matter of fact, not speculation.

Did anyone physically see him leave Oxford?

Maybe they literally did carry him out in a pine box??? :poke:

Where do I begin... Did Tommy lie to the Ole Miss players when he told them 'THEY WILL HAVE TO CARRY ME OUT OF OXFORD IN A PINE BOX'? That is a matter of fact, not speculation.

Did anyone physically see him leave Oxford?

Maybe they literally did carry him out in a pine box??? :poke:

Last I looked, there was one in his garage :P

There are quite a few posters on this board that make it their personal goal of questioning people´s loyalty to Auburn.

Archived