Hugh Nall

kwagoner

I heard this and did a google search. This came up:

USC Jabber

There was also a link to the AU scout, but I'm not a member. Does anyone know the magnitude of this? I know he isn't one of the assistants out on the recruiting trail.

I guess that takes care of the CSS to AU parade..

The only part of that parade was the group of clowns packed in the funny car anyway.

Contrary to internet jibber-jabber, many knowledgeable football people, including Pat Dye, consider Nall to be the best OL coach in the country. Spurrier knows quality when he sees it.

Contrary to internet jibber-jabber, many knowledgeable football people, including Pat Dye, consider Nall to be the best OL coach in the country. Spurrier knows quality when he sees it.

I agree. When we thought we'd be looking for an OC and replacing staff I hoped for Gran and Nall's return, with apathy regarding the rest. Still do I guess.

I agree. When we thought we'd be looking for an OC and replacing staff I hoped for Gran and Nall's return, with apathy regarding the rest. Still do I guess.

Although he’s not an expert like Coach Dye, my brother (H.S. coach) has had many dealings with the AU staff and swears by Coach Nall. He often said he was probably the best assistant on the staff.

I heard this and did a google search. This came up:

USC Jabber

There was also a link to the AU scout, but I'm not a member. Does anyone know the magnitude of this? I know he isn't one of the assistants out on the recruiting trail.

He must have someone at SC. He told me once,that during Jet Gate he was offered a job their.

He may be, although I seriously doubt it. One fact is that he wasnt performing here for the last 3-4 years and blew in other years as well.

He may be, although I seriously doubt it. One fact is that he wasnt performing here for the last 3-4 years and blew in other years as well.

I completely agree. Good riddance. The OL has been the biggest problem on the team for the past 3 seasons.

Everything Alabama did this year was earned

Most were raving about how well such a young OL played last year. I'll give that this year the results were less than desirable, but I think a lot of that had to do with following marching orders of an OC.

Reference

"One Auburn assistant coach isn't an assistant coach, anymore. Tuberville's offensive line coach for 14 years -- one Hugh Nall -- is out of coaching. He's now the Chief Operating Officer for Southern AG Carriers of Albany, Ga. We wish Hugh well. Good guy."

Reference

"One Auburn assistant coach isn't an assistant coach, anymore. Tuberville's offensive line coach for 14 years -- one Hugh Nall -- is out of coaching. He's now the Chief Operating Officer for Southern AG Carriers of Albany, Ga. We wish Hugh well. Good guy."

Wow! big change. I guess there will be a lot less BS for him to put up with. I just realized that he was another AU-UGA connection, having played for UGA. I thought he was a GSU guy. I wish the best for him.

Reference

I had heard this but didn’t have a link. From what I understand I think it’s a relative that owns or operates the company. I concur with the good wishes. Thanks Coach Nall.

Reference

I had heard this but didn’t have a link. From what I understand I think it’s a relative that owns or operates the company. I concur with the good wishes. Thanks Coach Nall.

I wish him only the best. It's a shame though. He was a very good coach. This will be more money and less frustration though.

I'm friends with 2 former NFL (15-17yrs) linemen that played in the SEC one at AU the other MSU and they think he is one of the best...I also know a couple of college coaches and they say he is one of the best coaches

I'm friends with 2 former NFL (15-17yrs) linemen that played in the SEC one at AU the other MSU and they think he is one of the best...I also know a couple of college coaches and they say he is one of the best coaches

sometimes no matter how good you are it is time to move on.

Yup, definitely was a great coach. However the fact that he's going a completely different direction makes you wonder if his heart was really in it the last year or 2...I'm not taking a single thing away from his career though...

Archived