Why is Auburn not looking at Brian Kelly?

PowerI

This guy has won everywhere he has been and I have not even heard his name mentioned. It's obvious that JJ is stupid, but I didn't know he was this stupid. He is spending more time interviewing scrubs like DD and RG, when he could be interviewing top notch coaches.

My understanding is that Kelly has been interviewed, or will be today.

My understanding is that Kelly has been interviewed, or will be today.

My bad.......I had he and Hoke mixed up. Sorry.

How do you know they aren't?

Because he is a good coach.

So is Turner Gill.

My point was, just because you haven't heard a guy's name mentioned publicly doesn't mean things aren't going on privately. There's some misdirection and backchannel stuff going on you can be sure.

So is Turner Gill.

My point was, just because you haven't heard a guy's name mentioned publicly doesn't mean things aren't going on privately. There's some misdirection and backchannel stuff going on you can be sure.

Hopefully it works better than the misdirection plays we ran this season. :)

So is Turner Gill.

I don't think Tony Franklin is on the search committee. ;)

QUOTE(TitanTiger @ Dec 10 2008, 12:51 PM)

So is Turner Gill.

Hopefully it works better than the misdirection plays we ran this season.

:) bigsixfive recieves a MVP award!

This guy has won everywhere he has been and I have not even heard his name mentioned. It's obvious that JJ is stupid, but I didn't know he was this stupid. He is spending more time interviewing scrubs like DD and RG, when he could be interviewing top notch coaches.

I thought he withdrew his name from any coaching vacancies saying he was staying at Cincy.

I thought he withdrew his name from any coaching vacancies saying he was staying at Cincy.

Kelly said it publicly.

So is Turner Gill.

We ran misdirection? I never missed the direction we were going. I knew before the play started.

So is Turner Gill.

We ran misdirection? I never missed the direction we were going. I knew before the play started.

Exactly.

Kelly said it publicly.

He also has several stipulations in his contract that will improve, upgrade, and add to the facilities there. There are set timeframes and dollars for non-compliance. I think that makes it appear he is really wanting to stick around and not just telling people that. Sure, he can be bought, but I think he truely wants to remain the Cincy HC. He had my #1 vote until a while back, when I started realizing the long shot of him coming. TG was a close second, and now sitting @ #1.

Kelly said it publicly.

He also has several stipulations in his contract that will improve, upgrade, and add to the facilities there. There are set timeframes and dollars for non-compliance. I think that makes it appear he is really wanting to stick around and not just telling people that. Sure, he can be bought, but I think he truely wants to remain the Cincy HC. He had my #1 vote until a while back, when I started realizing the long shot of him coming. TG was a close second, and now sitting @ #1.

Plus, he and his family may like it in Cincinnati. His recent coaching moves have been in rapid succession, but they've managed to stay in one region. Moving again after only two years may not be in the cards.

I'd love to have Kelly. He was my first choice, now Gill is.

#1 thing: a coach who wants to be here, and has the confidence that he's up to the challenge.

Kelly said it publicly.

Plus, he and his family may like it in Cincinnati. His recent coaching moves have been in rapid succession, but they've managed to stay in one region. Moving again after only two years may not be in the cards.

I'd love to have Kelly. He was my first choice, now Gill is.

#1 thing: a coach who wants to be here, and has the confidence that he's up to the challenge.

Gill seems like the man who fits that description. He realizes he turned that Buffalo team around and i think he wouldnt mind giving it a try on a larger scale. Also, honestly who would rather coach at Buffalo than AU? I think he would love to come down to the plains. Then again the millions might help too :P

Archived