BC fires Coach for interviewing with Jets

AUTrey

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3810186

According to their message boards, he has now been fired. I understand BC wanting to protect the sanctity of the contract here, but this just seems incredibly short sighted to me. They have basically just told every coach who would consider the job not to go there if they have any desire to move up to a better job in the future.

It's interesting that leading candidate to replace Jeff Jagodzinski is assistant coach Steve Logan. In the 90's, Jagodzinski was an assistant at East Carolina for Logan.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Logan_(football)

One has to wonder if BC was looking for a way to fire Jagodzinski anyway. AD Gene DeFilippo's tough stance would appear to make reconciliation impossible, even if Jagodzinski does not actually interview for the Jets job.

Damn, Jagodzinski was in my top 5 as our next head coach. I wonder if we could make room for him.

WOW!!!! Just....WOW!

Unreal! I don't see what BC can gain out of this.

It's interesting that leading candidate to replace Jeff Jagodzinski is assistant coach Steve Logan. In the 90's, Jagodzinski was an assistant at East Carolina for Logan.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Logan_(football)

One has to wonder if BC was looking for a way to fire Jagodzinski anyway. AD Gene DeFilippo's tough stance would appear to make reconciliation impossible, even if Jagodzinski does not actually interview for the Jets job.

I agree. With the stance the AD took, how could CJJ cancel the interview and come back to BC and coach without looking over his shoulder?

If Logan takes the BC job, it makes me wonder what he could have been doing behind the scenes to help facilitate the firing...

Initially, I was really down on BC for this. But someone pointed out that in the contract Jagodzinski signed, he agreed not to interview for any other coaching position until after 3 years at BC. He's basically thumbing his nose at his contract and that's not cool.

If I were BCs AD, I'd take a hard line too and I'd make sure everyone knew why.

That makes sense......raw deal for BC in the end. Some people need to take a long look at themselves before doing something like that. His fault.

Initially, I was really down on BC for this. But someone pointed out that in the contract Jagodzinski signed, he agreed not to interview for any other coaching position until after 3 years at BC. He's basically thumbing his nose at his contract and that's not cool.

If I were BCs AD, I'd take a hard line too and I'd make sure everyone knew why.

It is not unreasonable to expect three years from a coach-- he can move on after that if he wants.

Archived