Some rhetorical questions

accau

OK, these San Francisco weddings......I have questions....

How do they separate whose parents pays for what?? Rehearsal Dinner, Reception, etc...

Who gives away the 'bride'?

For female weddings, do they have a 'best man'?

For male weddings, do they have 'bridesmaids'?

Do they throw ricearoni???

I hope that the forum monitor will leave this post up for enough time for these pressing matters to be discussed.

WDE

Having attended a holy union/gay wedding for my former secretary and her partner, let me see if I can shed some light on this for you, even tho your questions were rhetorical:

How do they separate whose parents pays for what?? Rehearsal Dinner, Reception, etc...

The couple paid for everything themselves. However, I do think that both of their families, who supported them fully, gave them money. My secretary's stepfather was a florist and he helped them out a lot with flowers and decorations, etc. - it was very well done and tasteful.

Who gives away the 'bride'?

My secretary actually wore a wedding dress, and her partner wore a tuxedo. Melise walked herself down the aisle only because her father was deceased. her mother and stepfather "gave her away".

For female weddings, do they have a 'best man'?

There were five bridesmaids in dresses (all women, not all gay) and five groomsmen in tuxes (three women, two men, also not all gay) and yes, there were designated honor attendants for both bride and partner, and both were female. That is not such a big deal tho - my husband's best man was a (straight) woman, his cousin Ruth - they grew up together, were VERY VERY close, like brother and sister, and she was the one who introduced us.

For male weddings, do they have 'bridesmaids'?

That one I can't answer.

Do they throw ricearoni???

Actually, as it was an outdoor wedding, we threw potpourri.

I actually had an official role in this ceremony - there was a Unitarian minister and a person designated as "officiant", but I, as a notary, represented the great state of Texas and notarized their name change papers as part of the ceremony!! :P

It was exactly like every other wedding I have ever attended, with the one obvious exception.

Guest AuNuma1

Surely this isn't a serious topic. You're talking about gay marriages and, obviously, nothing about it spells traditional so why would you think they would do traditional wedding stuff? :huh:

I don't think they'd necessarily follow the heterosexual rubric for weddings/marriages.

OMG somebody used the word RUBRIC!!! I haven't heard that in years. LMAO. :lol::lol:

What's wrong with the word "rubric?" It works!!! :D

Please....NEVER take my posts or replies seriously...I've been on the I'net since before it was the I'net and have learned to refrain from any serious post......The I'net is a hotbed of misinformation and no method exists to test the validity of a post.....Therefore all posts are either opinions or questions..... I normally post questions......But don't take my questions seriously because I sureashell don't take the answers seriously....

Exceptions: Business Matters and Saltwater fishing.... Offshore fishing reports and information are matters of grave concern and great importance....

Please....NEVER take my posts or replies seriously...I've been on the I'net since before it was the I'net and have learned to refrain from any serious post......The I'net is a hotbed of misinformation and no method exists to test the validity of a post.....Therefore all posts are either opinions or questions..... I normally post questions......But don't take my questions seriously because I sureashell don't take the answers seriously....

Exceptions: Business Matters and Saltwater fishing.... Offshore fishing reports and information are matters of grave concern and great importance....

Then a gay couple marrying while on an off shore fishing trip would interest you. As long as you got the DOW/JONES averages at the same time. :rolleyes:

Dr. Tom's facetious example nonwithstanding, do the same-sex couples usually hyphenate their last names?

If Mr. Smith marries Mr. Jones, does Mr. Smith become Mr. Smith-Jones and Mr. Jones become Mr. Jones-Smith?

Dang...I think I sprained something typing that. :unsure:

My friends chose a whole new last name and they both changed it.

What was it? Fagbowitz or Lesbowowski?

I hope no one is offended by this JOKE. I say to each their own and more power to them. If there is any judging to be done let God take care of that when necessary. I just couldn't resist. I hope just one person enjoys it as much as I did :lol: .

I, as a notary, represented the great state of Texas and notarized their name change papers as part of the ceremony!!  :P

Are gay weddings recognized in Texas, or was the only 'official' documentation they were doing was changing their last names to the same?

I've been on the I'net since before it was the I'net and have learned to refrain from any serious post......

aacau, are you really Al Gore? Only the person that invented the internet can be on it before it was the internet.

Exceptions:  Business Matters and Saltwater fishing....  Offshore fishing reports and information are matters of grave concern and great importance....

Maybe not, I cannot imagine Al Gore caring about saltwater fishing. I cannot imagine Al Gore caring about anything but his political career...

What political career? His last political act was to endorse Howard Dean and look at the mileage he got out of that. The only way Al "Toast" Gore gets back into politics is if someone appoints him to a post.

Are gay weddings recognized in Texas

I can pretty much say with some degree of certainty that TX will be the LAST place to recognize gay marriage!! The closest my friends could come to something legal was a name change, two new wills, and two powers of attorney each naming the other as their health care proxy, executor, etc.

And the last name they chose was Zoe - it means "life" or something like that. Not long after they married, they moved to New Mexico to live in some kind of artists collective commune place... :D no kidding.

Archived