Ht: 6-3 Wt: 310 40: 5.2

Position: DT

Class: Sophomore

High School: Central Catholic HS

(Portland, OR)

Junior College: Arizona Western

Pos: DT Pos Rank: JC Pos Rating:

Auburn High Interest No offer (as yet) visit 01/29/2009

"Two years ago at this time, Myles Wade had just played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and was set to sign with the University of Oregon. After academic hurdles temporarily sidelined his collegiate football future, Wade is back and the five-star defensive tackle is hearing from three big-time schools in the hopes of landing his signature on a scholarship letter."

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=2&c=831667

One of the top JUCO defensive tackle prospects in the country will take an official visit to Auburn next week,

http://auburn.rivals.com/

Myles Wade

http://auburn.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?...424&sport=1

3*** Scout

4**** Rivals

Supposedly, Scout is about to upgrade him to a 5-star. Jason at ITAT said he's the #1 player in the Northwest at any position.

And I would expect AU to have an offer ready for him.

Two years ago at this time, Myles Wade had just played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and was set to sign with the University of Oregon. After academic hurdles temporarily sidelined his collegiate football future, Wade is back and the five-star defensive tackle is hearing from three big-time schools in the hopes of landing his signature on a scholarship letter

"I just want to go to a place where I'll be taken care of," Wade told Scout.com Monday.

By the looks of things, three Division-1 programs have stepped up and shown enough love to get Wade intrigued. Texas Tech has been up to Portland twice to visit Wade personally, and he is officially visiting Lubbock starting Thursday.

"They are serious about what they have to say," Wade said of his contact with the Red Raiders. "They are genuine. They have answered all my questions."

The new-look Auburn Tigers, with first-year head coach Gene Chizik, has wooed Wade and his family from afar. "I got a call from coach (Defensive Coordinator Ted) Roof a couple of weeks ago," Wade said. "He told me that they need someone to stop the run and rush the passer. They desperately need some defensive tackles. He told me that I should come down to the SEC and make things happen. And in the South, they take care of their own. That was good to hear."

Wade is expected to officially visit the Tigers one week from Thursday.

Nebraska is the third school to show interest, and the 'Huskers have come on strong in the past week. "I really want to take a trip to Nebraska," Wade said, noting that he'd even wait past February 4th - the first day of the Signing Day period - to be able to officially trip out to Lincoln, Neb. "But there are still some things I want to know about them."

Nebraska and Portland, Ore. have a connection - big Ndamukong Suh. Suh, who just announced this past week that he would be returning to Lincoln for his senior year, has been a friend to the Wades for some time.

"Ndamukong and I have the same mentor and we used to train together when he was going into his senior year (at Grant HS) and I was a sophomore. We were training together at this place in Vancouver, Wash. Our mentor - his name is Joe Rollins - he spoke with Suh and I guess he said some good things about me to the Nebraska coaches, and I'm thankful that he did that for me."

Now armed with some great choices, expect Wade to make a decision after visiting all three schools. "I really don't want to play this game again: You either want me or you don't," he said matter-of-factly about his second trip through the recruiting process. "Take it or leave it.

"I'm not saying I'm the best thing since sliced bread. But from what people write about

This coaching staff is reaching all over the country.WOW!! Keep up the hard work Coach Roof.

Nice to see us going outside the south for players

I agree...AU has a national name. All these kids are familiar and know the program from afar, so why not capitalize on it...

Nice to see us going outside the south for players

I hope we get this guy, but that having been said, I think it's better to get our players from this immediate area rather than going off to California, Texas or Maine.

Mike's theorem, developed after watching decades of Auburn football recruits:

"The likelihood of a prospect succeeding at Auburn is inversely proportional to the number of state lines it's necessary to cross while driving to his house"

Take it for what it cost you. :)

Archived