David Oku visiting next weekend

TitanTiger

From front page of Rivals site:

Midwest City (Okla.) Carl Albert running back David Oku has been going back and forth on whether or not he's solid with his commitment to Tennessee. Now, the 4-star has two more visits left and one will be to Auburn. Get the latest on one of the nation's top RB's inside.

Well he was scared off by the spread but I always thought he had a good relationship with Gran.

It may not help in the Oku case, but these running backs are going to have to get over getting scared off by the spread. Virtually all the successful schools are going to it. Until defenses catch up in 10-12 years, if you want to score points and win, your team will be running some form of The Spread.

Well he was scared off by the spread but I always thought he had a good relationship with Gran.

I don't know if he did or not.

And I'm betting if they've talked him into coming for a visit, they've mentioned that Tulsa ran the ball 61% of the time and was in the NCAA top 10 in rushing yardage this year. Hell, they racked up over 400 yds rushing in their bowl game. That's got to excite most RBs no matter what system they're used to.

If CGM shows him film on McFadden and Jones then how could you not want to run in his system. Look at what he did for those two. I think his relationship with Gran is strong but if you are a RB you have to take a look at how CGM runs his offense.

Getting scared off by the spread is a debatable decision by a RB anyway.

Getting scared off because the spread is ONE of the offenses Auburn will run is just not having the most important facts. Our OC has produced HUGE running games/seasons w/ his systems.

I was actually thinking about this kid last week and looked up him. I didn't see anything that indicated he wasn't done with recruiting. Just seeing him come to Auburn is like a late Christmas present.

Archived