Bum'd out

jptiger

All I hear on this board anymore is Chizik this Willis that. Anything good and exciting to talk about regarding :au: football anymore? In the midst of all the changes and unfortunate turmoil that have taken place so far this offseason, it's increasingly difficult to find any "sunshine" about the program right now. Please someone post something positive. Thank you. :):au:

All I hear on this board anymore is Chizik this Willis that. Anything good and exciting to talk about regarding :au: football anymore? In the midst of all the changes and unfortunate turmoil that have taken place so far this offseason, it's increasingly difficult to find any "sunshine" about the program right now. Please someone post something positive. Thank you. :):au:

The villiage is on sechedule to open this fall. if you have not seen it lately i'll take some pictures monday when i go back to work and post them. this is going to make the west end of campus very nice and will help big time in recruiting.

The villiage is on sechedule to open this fall. if you have not seen it lately i'll take some pictures monday when i go back to work and post them. this is going to make the west end of campus very nice and will help big time in recruiting.

I hear it's going to be very expensive.

i would think so it takes up the whole west end of campus from mell@wire to wire@what use to be thatch it's freaking huge.

i would think so it takes up the whole west end of campus from mell@wire to wire@what use to be thatch it's freaking huge.

Oh I've seen it going up from the beginning. I agee it's really nide. But I was referring to being expensive to live there, almost twice what a room in one of the older dorms costs.

Oh I've seen it going up from the beginning. I agee it's really nide. But I was referring to being expensive to live there, almost twice what a room in one of the older dorms costs.

The older dorms were nothing short of a jail cell in terms of room size. As far as pricing goes, it'll be on par with other dorm rooms across the country that are the same size.

Thanks. That would be great I don't get down there very often to see everything so some pics would be appreciated. :au:

Two surprise visits from bigtime recruits this weekend. We're in the running for some major talent at the skill positions.

Deangelo Benton ***** (Rivals Rated) WR from Hargrave. Signed with LSU last year but did not qualify.

Jonathan Atchison *** (Rivals Rated) Former AU commit. Switched to UAT, now re-considering us.

Benton is a monster. He's a Mike Williams/Calvin Johnson type guy: Big, physical, and fast. He was supposed to enroll at LSU this month, but didn't. I know the coaching staff had to have gone to great lengths to keep his visit under wraps so that Benton wouldn't get an earful from Miles. I personally believe we have good shot at this kid with LSU fawning after Rueben Randel. If it weren't for his eligibility issues, I would prefer Benton to Randel without a doubt.

I may be crazy, but I wouldn't be shocked if we landed this kid. I don't think he would come on a visit if he wasn't already impressed with what he's heard. I also tend to think we will probably pick up Tyrick Rollison as well. Rollison probably won't qualify, but if we picked up the #2 Dual Threat QB and the #1 Prep School WR, I'd be more than impressed with this year's class considering the circumstances.

Guess where they are both from?

Deangelo Benton

Ht: 6-2 Wt: 190

Position: WR

Year: Class of 2009

High School: Bastrop HS

(Bastrop, LA)

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&am...amp;nid=4144701

Rueben Randle

Ht: 6-3 Wt: 195 40: 4.5

Position: WR

Year: Class of 2009

High School: Bastrop HS

(Bastrop, LA)

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&am...amp;nid=3331399

Must've been pretty good being Bastrop's QB last year. With 2 guys like that at the prep level, I bet all he did all year is just toss the ball blindly downfield like a hand grenade and one of those two would run under it.

They're both ours. Leave 'em alone. :angry:

:big:

I was going to say I hope AU gets them both. All the while knowing one of the bammers or an LSU guy would say they belonged to them. But some LSU guy beat me to the punch. :lol:

Randle is in Baton Rouge this weekend. I have heard, but can not confirm, that Benton is also. I'm waiting on a friend to call me back on Benton.

YES...we still want Jacobs and Gogue fired. There...good news in advance! B)

:au::homer:

I wonder if the fact that LSU is trying to juggle courting Benton and Randle might open up the door for us on Benton. LSU can't sell Benton on the fact that "he's the man," if Benton KNOWS that Randle is going to choose LSU. We CAN sell him on that.

Being from the same high school, there's always a chance the guys know each other well enough for one of them to not want to play with the other one. I know there are plenty of guys on my high school team I would rather NOT have played college ball with.

Archived