So, if UGA doesn't hire a black coach, are we racist?

SouthLink02

Some basketball analyst was on Sporting News Radio (no idea who it was) and he started talking about how UGA should be "ashamed" if we didn't hire a black coach and then insinuated that if we didn't, we should be looked at for race issues.

Say, anyone know what color Felton was?

Oh, btw...anyone know what color Damon Evans is? The one making the DECISION?

Where do people come up with this crap?

We have a black man deciding who our next HC is....previously had a black coach in Felton AND had Tubby Smith a few years back....

I mean, what?

How sad is that

I think, if you go by the rules, its only racist if you have a legitimate interview and then choose not to hire them because you favor someone else that you feel will be better for your program. If UGA avoids that situation, they should be ok. However, I feel UGA is being extremely sexist and racist for not immediately hiring a female half Italian Hispanic person, preferably with some sort of Burmese in their background as well.

I think, if you go by the rules, its only racist if you have a legitimate interview and then choose not to hire them because you favor someone else that you feel will be better for your program. If UGA avoids that situation, they should be ok. However, I feel UGA is being extremely sexist and racist for not immediately hiring a female half Italian Hispanic person, preferably with some sort of Burmese in their background as well.

Nailed it. You are only racist if you interview and then don't hire. SL, the UGA situation is laughable. That guy needs to have his race card permanently revoked.

Why aren't the Hispanics all over this? Aren't they the largest minority now? Shouldn't we be getting run through because we aren't interviewing and then not hiring Hispanic coaches?

Some basketball analyst was on Sporting News Radio (no idea who it was) and he started talking about how UGA should be "ashamed" if we didn't hire a black coach and then insinuated that if we didn't, we should be looked at for race issues.

Say, anyone know what color Felton was?

Oh, btw...anyone know what color Damon Evans is? The one making the DECISION?

Where do people come up with this crap?

We have a black man deciding who our next HC is....previously had a black coach in Felton AND had Tubby Smith a few years back....

I mean, what?

How sad is that

Once black, you can't go back SL02. . .

Just hire a black guy - hell get the next one who walks by on the street - you'll be fine. You won't win games, but you'll not be called a racist. Isn't that what college ball is about??

UGA should ignore all and get the best fit for the program. PERIOD!!!

Now...can I wash my hands? I can't believe I am saying typing that about UGA (Kidding). ;)

Georgia is racist because you asked this question. If you were comfortable in your raciality, you wouldn't feel the need to ask for permission to not hire a black coach.

Now...can I wash my hands? I can't believe I am saying typing that about UGA (Kidding). ;)

Sure, here ya go

950-0060.jpg

This seemed to do the trick.

LG003.jpg

Don't sweat not hiring a black coach. Hire Bobby Knight and "The Jerks of America Assn. " will love you. Of course you could hire a black jerk like T. Anderson and make eveybody happy.

Archived