Auburn vs UGA

rexbo

Checking ESPN.com, Auburn up 32 to 7 with 6 minutes to go in the first half. Waller is on fire again with his 3's; and UGA cannot hit the side of a barn...

At the half, Auburn has 7 three pointers and is out rebounding Ga. 26-14. Things would be even worse but Auburn is just 4-11 in free throws. Amazing how this team can hit 3s but not FT.

I got to listen to a bit of the game on XM. It was the Georgia feed, and their color analyst had a pretty funny line.

"Kovortney Barber has his seventh double-double of the season. He might have a triple-double if they count missed free throws."

I got to listen to a bit of the game on XM. It was the Georgia feed, and their color analyst had a pretty funny line.

"Kovortney Barber has his seventh double-double of the season. He might have a triple-double if they count missed free throws."

He's 3 of 11, that's just ludicrous...

71 - 59 final. If not for horrible free throw shooting, even with UGA's 3's in the second half, it wouldn't have been close...

Four in a row. Not a bad showing. Just think of the coulda, shoulda, woulda beens this year.

Vot hit 7-8 in the last game. I thought maybe he had worked it out. Now I just see that it was a statistical freak-show which had to be brought back into perspective.

This team is actually making the postseason a believable possibility. I thought they were dead in the water 4 games ago. They've still got to win at least 2-3 more league games and probably grab a tourney win to do it, but I think they might actually pull it off. Crazy.

71 - 59 final. If not for horrible free throw shooting, even with UGA's 3's in the second half, it wouldn't have been close...

Yea and if it were not for shooting 45.5% (say compared to 80%), the game wouldn't have been close either. Good and expected win, but when will people realize that Free Throw Shooting is not a "coulda" nor "if it weren't for horrible..." - Auburn basketball can't shoot free throws well. We are a horrible FT shooting team. So maybe if we win a game with good FT shooting, that is when you say "if it weren't for good FT shooting, we would've lost."

I'll take the W - no matter how it comes.

2 weeks ago I was calling for Lebo's head saying that I thought it was time for a change. However, someone posed a scenario to me where if Auburn won 20 games would I still call for his head. Looks like I may actually have to eat my words before this season is all over, but I will gladly eat some crow if my tigers continue to win. WDE! If the team continues to play like this the coliseum will come back to life for the men.

2 weeks ago I was calling for Lebo's head saying that I thought it was time for a change. However, someone posed a scenario to me where if Auburn won 20 games would I still call for his head. Looks like I may actually have to eat my words before this season is all over, but I will gladly eat some crow if my tigers continue to win. WDE! If the team continues to play like this the coliseum will come back to life for the men.

When that person brought that situation up, I recall stating that the remaining schedule was very winnable. The SEC is VERY down. I don't expect 20 wins, but it isn't / wasn't impossible. With the team we have, this team SHOULD have 20 wins in this conference. Anything less is just a shame.

I truly think Lebo is a good coach, just being dealt some bad years. I think if he can some good recruits in that are actually shooters/have scorers he could put some really good teams on the court. That has thru in the past 4 games. If these guys are shooting the ball well they are gonna be very tough to beat!! They play strong on D, and are really good at stealing the ball and creating TOs. If the FTs come around they can hang with anyone in SEC.

17-9 overall

6-5 in conference

with 5 regular season games remaining:

@ LSU

Ole Miss

@ Miss St

@ bama

LSU

We have already beat MSU, bama, and Ole Mis. LSU is arguably playing better than anybody. Gonna be tough, but maybe they can do it!!

We lost to Ole Miss and we lost BADLY.

I see @Bama as an expected win, but it will be tough. Bama crowd will be big with the ODK-FOY trophy being presented for the first time in 7 years.

I personally see us going 18-13 heading to Atlanta, but 19-12 wouldn't be far fetched either.

Not to nitpick, but we didn't beat Ole Miss. They beat us before this streak started in the game that could keep us out of the NCAA even if we do run off a strong one. WDE anyway. Let's run off the last 5 and go to the big dance.

And be the worst free throw shooting team there...

Archived