Auburn takes care of Ole Miss

PChamp119

Auburn looks to take one from Ole Miss. The crowd was sad according to Jay Tate, but at least the team was not affected by it. AU came out strong in the second half and Ole Miss struggled a lot. I'll take the W. I believe this was a big step forward after the tough loss at LSU. Win 1 more and it's a .500 season in the SEC. Could be NIT bound.

Auburn looks to take one from Ole Miss. The crowd was sad according to Jay Tate, but at least the team was not affected by it. AU came out strong in the second half and Ole Miss struggled a lot. I'll take the W. I believe this was a big step forward after the tough loss at LSU. Win 1 more and it's a .500 season in the SEC. Could be NIT bound.

The attendance wasn't that bad, but it definately should have been better especially with how the team has been playing. White Out = complete failure, I saw people who got the free white shirts and had them on laying o the chairs or over their shoulder, etc. Seriously, you get a free shirt and you still can't put it on?

I was there tonight. I'd say there was about 5000 there and they were rather quiet in the first half, but they made some noise in the second.

Funny, I didn't see Jay Tate anywhere and I was sitting near the press area.

I was there tonight. I'd say there was about 5000 there and they were rather quiet in the first half, but they made some noise in the second.

Funny, I didn't see Jay Tate anywhere and I was sitting near the press area.

I agree, we started playing some lockdown defense in the second half. I think we only alowed 5 points through the first 10 minutes. We also started getting some fast break point with some dunks.

My friend and I were talking about if we had a legit highlight reel type player who could drive the basket and make some dunks a lot more people would come out to watch and the atmosphere would be much better. We also noticed that the Juco and transfers coming in(the ones in street clothes at the end of the bench) were all taller and bigger than Vot. So we should have a better presence inside next year and hopefully someone who has those highlight capabilities.

Just wondering, I was sitting near the press area a well, were you that guy, sitting behind us, talking to himself?

I didn't think the crowd was sad. Probably closer to 4k. But Bo Jackson was there, so that counts for something.

Auburn is playing like a real basketball team now. I can't believe it, but I'm back in the Jeff Lebo camp again. I took about a 2 month hiatus from my Lebo campaigning and joined the dark side, hoping he'd get the axe. Now, I'm a believer in Lebo. Weird, huh?!

Great win. Ole miss plays 3-4 freshmen at times, so when they beat us by 20 the first time we played them, that was the bottom of this season, but they have gotten on a run and maybe a NIT bid is in the future.

I didn't think the crowd was sad. Probably closer to 4k. But Bo Jackson was there, so that counts for something.

4K is a sad crowd no matter how you slice it...we got that sort of crowd 20 years ago when we had the worst season I've ever seen an :au: basketball team have (2-16 in the old ten-team SEC). Maybe people will show up for LSU.

Auburn is playing like a real basketball team now. I can't believe it, but I'm back in the Jeff Lebo camp again. I took about a 2 month hiatus from my Lebo campaigning and joined the dark side, hoping he'd get the axe. Now, I'm a believer in Lebo. Weird, huh?!

He's definitely earning himself a reprieve with this late push...it'd be good if we could split the two road games coming up and then get a W over LSU. That game is not in the automatic "L" column in my mind.

It's amazing what winning will do to your attitude ;)

Some of us have been saying this: Auburn is no different than any other school - you have some die hard fans and a lot of ban wagoners.

Archived