World's largest Catfish

Tigermike

I watched a PBS special on noodling in Oklahoma (basically, that's fishing with your bare hands and maybe a cord) and they were pulling out catfish that were damn near that big.

Woulda had to have been a strong rod to reel that big hoss in.

Reminds me of "Catfish Hunter" from Grumpy Old Men.

Not catfish but when I lived in Alaska we used to catch Halibut. I sure never caught any that were 800 lbs.

Pacific Halibut

Hippoglossus stenolepis

Description To 8'9" (2.7 m); 800 lbs (363 kg).

LINK

One hell of a fish fry! You'd have to buy up every single bag of Martha White yellow corn meal that you could find at the Piggly Wiggly!!

Like Cousin Eddie says... That's gooo-OOOOD!!

I watched a PBS special on noodling in Oklahoma (basically, that's fishing with your bare hands and maybe a cord) and they were pulling out catfish that were damn near that big.

I watched the same show on noodling. My first thought was "are you crazy". Did you see the guy that had his hand wrapped with duct tape because he was bit by a snake the week before? They had another guy that stuck his hand in a beaver hole and the critter about took his hand off.

I've seen that show as well and my first thought was SNAPPING TURTLES! Some of those things are huge, bite hard and have nasty attitudes!

Archived