Auburn surges into NCAA consideration

aucat

Cleveland State - an example of what I wrote of what Auburn needed. You guys gotta think of these things before sporting off "win this game and they should be in." For those of you not getting your hopes up - good. But I sense some of you are still going to be disappointed when AU hosts an NIT game.

Winning the SEC tourny is the ONLY way. There are no ifs ands or buts. Nothing will get Auburn in unless they win the SEC tourny. Quit thinking bubble. Our chances of getting in are just as good as they were a month ago - not good.

This simply isn't true. Palm, Lunardi, and others have all budged from their previous stance that we have no shot without winning the tourney. If we beat Florida and win on Saturday also, we could easily move to the top of the SEC's bubble teams and take an at large bid should we lose respectably Sunday. It is not win or bust, nor should it be.

If we lose Friday night, NIT. If we lose Saturday, 75% NIT/ 25% NCAA. If we lose Sunday, it's a lot closer to 50/50 shot.

Don't waste your breath with PC, his word is the only word and we must treat it like the gospel. Does anybody see the SEC perking back up in the next few years because I don't. I highly doubt UGA or Bama are going to make barn burning hires and the returning talent is just ok outside of some exceptional players like Calathes at UF.

not only that, but he simply doesn't like for good things to happen to Auburn.

Proof I don't like the good things? Oh yea, you are nothing more than a residential basher.

Hey, I'm merely just giving my opinion here guys. But if any of the few homers here want to bet on scenarios, I'm game.

I am willing to bet that Auburn goes to the NIT unless they win the SEC Tourny. No ifs ands or buts. That's my prediction.

I feel Auburn deserves to be in the NCAA with their resume / strong finish / beating UT/LSU. I think they should get in, but I might be saying that as an Auburn fan. But seeing things from what the media states (which is big), I just don't see it happening at all.

Archived