Nico Johnson arrested

TN TIGER

I would like to thank Bama for this arrest at this time to stray away from our little pot problem with a few of our players

I appreciate it

Did they run out?

They were framed

I caught the last part of the "movie" Reefer Madness (1936) this afternoon, and plan to record it when TCM shows it late next Friday night/early Saturday morning. Having experienced the "madness" numerous times in my life, all I can say is, what a propaganda piece. In the meanwhile, I think I'll have some more Jose Cuervo. :yes:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to thank Bama for this arrest at this time to stray away from our little pot problem with a few of our players

I appreciate it

Did they run out?

They were framed

I caught the last part of the "movie" Reefer Madness (1936) this afternoon, and plan to record it when TCM shows it late next Friday night/early Saturday morning. Having experienced the "madness" numerous times in my life, all I can say is, what a propaganda piece. In the meanwhile, I think I'll have some more Jose Cuervo. :yes:

CANNONBALL!!!

It maybe that Saban is a lot better recruiter than Shula ever thought about being. Say what you want about Saban and cheating and all that but at the end of the day he is one of the best recruiters in the country and that maybe why Bama's signing classes are high up there.

The Truth will be coming out and it's not going to be coming from our side of the Mason Dixon Line. Since Coach sabin knows everything there is to know about everything, the blame will rest squarely on his miniature shoulders.

This is the second time that a textbook issue has followed you beloved Coach.

Let's see here, Saban was hired in Jan. 07 and the current textbook scandal started in 05-06. How did that follow him? Maybe your math is different from mine.

It maybe that Saban is a lot better recruiter than Shula ever thought about being. Say what you want about Saban and cheating and all that but at the end of the day he is one of the best recruiters in the country and that maybe why Bama's signing classes are high up there.

The Truth will be coming out and it's not going to be coming from our side of the Mason Dixon Line. Since Coach sabin knows everything there is to know about everything, the blame will rest squarely on his miniature shoulders.

Let's see here, Saban was hired in Jan. 07 and the current textbook scandal started in 05-06. How did that follow him? Maybe your math is different from mine.

It continued on his watch. I didn't know it was going on since '05. Looks like a bad case of LOIC.

The arresting police officer had an Auburn tag on his car.

and the officer's personal car has one of these …

happiness.gif

Hey I like that. Who can make T-shirts? :cheer:

It continued on his watch. I didn't know it was going on since '05. Looks like a bad case of LOIC.

I thought everyone new it started in 05-06. That is why everyone was yelling repeat offender because it was within the 5 yr probation time line.

I'm pretty sure it didn't Start in '05....the library records don't date back past '05, because they did some sort of change over around that time and lost or shredded the records past '05. There's a very real possibility that the textbook issue has been going on for a Lot longer than that (Information that had been passed down from class to class). But, it was going on under the Midget's watch....as was the textbook issue while at LSU. The NCAA probably doesn't forget things like that, I'm sure they don't shred or lose records, eventhough they're over 5 years old.

I'm pretty sure it didn't Start in '05....the library records don't date back past '05, because they did some sort of change over around that time and lost or shredded the records past '05. There's a very real possibility that the textbook issue has been going on for a Lot longer than that (Information that had been passed down from class to class). But, it was going on under the Midget's watch....as was the textbook issue while at LSU. The NCAA probably doesn't forget things like that, I'm sure they don't shred or lose records, eventhough they're over 5 years old.

Once again, you are making things up here. There was no textbook issue at LSU.

What in the hell does Saban have to do with a textbook issue anyway? That is an academic issue. He is a football coach. It is not up to him to monitor the some book store that issues textbooks. What are you reaching for?

you're right. just a little grade fixing..... B)

you're right. just a little grade fixing..... B)

While you are getting close to the truth, even the two people that filed the lawsuit (and also broke this story) didn't implicate anyone from the football staff at LSU. I remember the professors name that said she was getting pressure was Mayne - can't remember the GA's name.

Their self-imposed penalty came more from a kid receiving free tutoring...NCAA ended up calling all of it secondary.

Simply put, throwing the story at LSU into this conversation is throwing crap out there and hoping someone will believe it/spread it, or it will stick. Problem is, trying to put it on Saban is just flat out lies. Hell, he was coaching at LSU at that point and I never looked at it as something untoward.

Yeah sounds like he was innocent...basically these teachers claim they were pressured by him to change grades so players would be eligible for a bowl game.

link

The LSU Textbook issue that I'm talking about is, certain textbooks contained Highlighted pieces in the books, done by the tutors, so that the football players wouldn't have to read the books. He also had issues while he was at MSU.

Back to the discussion of the topic...

By David Mundee

Published: May 8, 2009

Andalusia two-sport standout and University of Alabama football signee Nico Johnson faces “a verbal, non-physical” misdemeanor harassment charge in Andalusia following an alleged exchange this week with another male.

Johnson, who is scheduled to report to Alabama later this month, turned himself in to police Tuesday after a warrant was issued by the local court magistrate following a complaint.

He posted a $500 bond, according to a published report on al.com. A preliminary court date of May 18 has been set at Andalusia Municipal Court, said Johnson’s attorney, John Jones, of Jones & Jones in Andalusia.

“He has entered a not guilty plea,” said Jones. “He has waived his arraignment, so we can try to speed up the process.”

The charge is a Class C misdemeanor offense, which by state law is punishable by “no more than three months in jail and no more than a $500 fine.”

Johnson has been a four-year standout in football and basketball at Andalusia. A 6-foot-3, 235-pounder, he starred at linebacker in football and as a forward-center in basketball. He signed to play football at Alabama this past winter.

Michael Johnson, Johnson’s older brother, said he believes the issue is “blown out of proportion.”

“It is all false accusations and I feel all the problems will be worked out in the next day or two,” Johnson said Friday.

Jones also felt Johnson would be cleared.

“From what I understand, it seems to be a misunderstanding that has been blown out of proportion,” Jones said. “I am confident Nico will be exonerated.”

Johnson’s brother said he could not go into details of the incident other than to verify that it happened Sunday in Andalusia with another Andalusia High student. He added Nico Johnson has been advised not to talk about the incident.

Andalusia head basketball coach Richard Robertson also declined to talk about the issue, citing it was a non-school issue since it happened away from the campus and on non-school time.

Jones, Johnson’s lawyer, also did not go into details of the incident.

“I have not looked at the complaint, but I have talked to Nico and he denies the charge,” Jones said.

Michael Johnson said Alabama head football Nick Saban has been made aware of the situation.

Jones said he has known Nico Johnson all of Johnson’s life and expressed “shock” at the allegation.

“He is a very fine young man,” Jones said. “He is a polite, gentle person, almost too passive. This is out of (Johnson’s) character for someone to allege this.

“When someone first told me, I was like, ‘Are you talking about Nico Johnson? Are you kidding?’”

Johnson was a three-time all-state selection in both football and basketball and was honorable mention all-state football as a freshman.

This past year, he earned first-team all-state in both sports from the Alabama Sports Writers Association and was one of three finalists for Class 4A state player of the year honors in basketball.

In football, he finished with 110 tackles — 11.0 a game — with two sacks, an interception, a fumble recovery and a blocked punt. In basketball, he averaged 20.1 points, 16.3 rebounds and 4.1 blocks a game this past season, helping the Bulldogs finish 26-3 and reach the Class 4A state Final Four in Birmingham.

For his career, Johnson made 425 tackles in football from his freshman to senior seasons, including 12 quarterback sacks, while causing 10 fumbles and recovering eight fumbles. He also blocked four punts and a PAT attempt.

In basketball, Johnson finished his Andalusia career with 18.7 points, 15.4 rebounds and 4.0 blocks a game. He was a four-year captain, the first ever in Robertson’s 34-year coaching career at AHS.

Link

WinCrimson, it must be great to be such good "friends" with high school kids. Are you some kind of ped.... Do you fluff them all on their recruiting visits?

WinCrimson, it must be great to be such good "friends" with high school kids. Are you some kind of ped.... Do you fluff them all on their recruiting visits?

Hey, you get to meet a bunch of people when you stay in ninth grade your whole life!

Well, if that works.....let me know

So, Nico, if charged could face up to Three Months in jail? Wow, just for getting into a verbal match with another person? BTW, an article about Nico being arrested, possible charges, quotes from his lawyer (I'm guessing "Family Friend") and the type of character that he has (which I've heard is that he's a great person)....has Squat to do with his Stats in High School and/or College. It's almost like saying, yeah he Might've done what he was charged with, but he's a great Football player....so, we should just go easy on the guy.

So, Nico, if charged could face up to Three Months in jail? Wow, just for getting into a verbal match with another person? BTW, an article about Nico being arrested, possible charges, quotes from his lawyer (I'm guessing "Family Friend") and the type of character that he has (which I've heard is that he's a great person)....has Squat to do with his Stats in High School and/or College. It's almost like saying, yeah he Might've done what he was charged with, but he's a great Football player....so, we should just go easy on the guy.

Hilarious that your perception is skewed just because he chose Bama over AU. Must be tough hating a rival school so much. I mean caring that much about a football team. Thinking 18-22 year old kids are inherently good or bad based on where they choose to play a game.

Life's too short dude. You should try being loving your team more than you hate your rival...it's a lot better that way.

PS, your sources still suck.

Hilarious that your perception is skewed just because he chose Bama over AU. Must be tough hating a rival school so much. I mean caring that much about a football team. Thinking 18-22 year old kids are inherently good or bad based on where they choose to play a game.

Life's too short dude. You should try being loving your team more than you hate your rival...it's a lot better that way.

You sound like you should take your own advice.

What in the hell does Saban have to do with a textbook issue anyway? That is an academic issue. He is a football coach. It is not up to him to monitor the some book store that issues textbooks. What are you reaching for?

Unless things have changed... when I was a collegiate athlete it was the coach and staff's responsibility to hold a class to educate the athletes of their sport the rules and regulations regarding the NCAA and eligibility. What is and what is not acceptable. It is up to him to make sure that his athletes would recognize that this was a infraction that they were participating in. In fact I believe it there are NCAA rules mandating this type of education is administered by the coaching staff.

Must be tough hating a rival school so much. --are you kidding? It's so easy a caveman can do it and sooooo enjoyable.

Unless things have changed... when I was a collegiate athlete it was the coach and staff's responsibility to hold a class to educate the athletes of their sport the rules and regulations regarding the NCAA and eligibility. What is and what is not acceptable. It is up to him to make sure that his athletes would recognize that this was a infraction that they were participating in. In fact I believe it there are NCAA rules mandating this type of education is administered by the coaching staff.

Talking rules/responsibility to most bammers is like........well I can't think of anything like it. :)

I agree with what you are saying but my point is the coaches can't watch every athlete every minute of the day and it is not up to the coaching staff of a particular sport to monitor a book store. The athletes know the rules and they do have minds of their own and they do make their own decisions whether they're right or wrong.

Too bad you're too dang blind to see that my post was factual, every single sentence of it. An article that is about Nico's arrest, has nothing to do with his High School stats in Basketball or Football. I'll say it again, so that maybe it'll stick in your gray matter, an article that starts off by talking about the arrest of a player, then goes into detail about his High School stats, screams "he's a great athlete, just look at ALL of his stats, so we should just go easy on the kid." His HS stats don't have any place in this article.

Archived