Question about Recruiting

AUman43

I just noticed where both Florida and Alabama both already have 12 commits for next year. If the rule of 25 schollys holds true (assuming they don't oversign) where are all these kids who still list bammer and UF as top choices gonna go? Theoretically, that leaves 13 spots with what seems like a hundred kids who have listed both schools. Moreover, assuming they keep the pace they'r'e on, in a few weeks, they'll only have 7-10 spots. Pretty much the same deal for LSWHO as well.

There are kids all over that have schools listed as favorites, but that doesn't mean the school will keep a place open.

You are seeing more and more schools wanting kids to commit early. While this happens, it puts pressure on those that want to drag it out. They then know that there is a chance that one or two of those school may be full by then.

It's more of the flow of recruiting now.

There are kids all over that have schools listed as favorites, but that doesn't mean the school will keep a place open.

You are seeing more and more schools wanting kids to commit early. While this happens, it puts pressure on those that want to drag it out. They then know that there is a chance that one or two of those school may be full by then.

It's more of the flow of recruiting now.

But without an early signing period those kids who make early commitments can and sometimes do change their minds.

It's true about changing their mind, but it seems that most of the commits for those three schools mentioned historically have few defections by signing day. I wish I could say the same for us. While I know it's very early, I would like to see us pick up some big offensive linemen early on and keep them. Needless to say, this is going to be a CRUCIAL year for us in that category.

Archived