WR Keiwone Malone decommits from Bama

TitanTiger

One of Memphis' top athletes committed to Alabama shortly after signing day but it looks like he has open up his options after attending the Ole Miss Passing Camp today.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/870385.html

He's rated a 4-star on Rivals and a 3-star on Scout. In watching the video on Scout, he never actually says "decommit" so Bama's still a likely destination. But he did say that Ole Miss and Bama are even now so at best he's a "soft verbal."

This is an AUBURN BOARD..!!!! take your bammer crap somewhere else....

This is a Rivals section and the topic is about Bama, you are a little slow aren't you.

This is a Rivals section and the topic is about Bama, you are a little slow aren't you.

Aren't they all?

The operative letters being "BS."

I watched the interview. He clearly said that Ole Mrs. and bammer are even. If they consider that "solid," they need to buy a new dictionary.

From Malone's mouth

"I am still solid to Bama and they are my top school. I had planned all along to take some visits and Ole Miss was one of those schools," Malone said. "They have great staff and school, but I am still committed to Bama."

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=953220

Maybe he's just keeping his options open for a school that will be allowed post-season play when he gets there? :poke:

...seems like a sensible enough precaution to me! :big:

Maybe he's just keeping his options open for a school that will be allowed post-season play when he gets there? :poke:

Quiet, today you receive a Most Valueable Post!

:Sing:

MVP....MVP....MVP....MVP

So either he's lying to BSOL or he lied to Scout. Nice pickup.

Or, the bammer beat writer added more to the quotes than what Malone said....Hmmm? Because in the video, Malone says that Old Mrs. and SPuat are "tit for tat" and that Miami is up there, eventhough Miami hasn't offered. If they offer, Malone says that something might change. That doesn't sound to "Solid" to me either.

Quiet, today you receive a Most Valueable Post!

:Sing:

MVP....MVP....MVP....MVP

Thank you, thank You. Its an honor to receive this award. I'd like to also thank God, my family ...and the Turds for giving me such great material to work with! :lol:

So either he's lying to BSOL or he lied to Scout. Nice pickup.

Or, the bammer beat writer added more to the quotes than what Malone said....Hmmm? Because in the video, Malone says that Old Mrs. and SPuat are "tit for tat" and that Miami is up there, eventhough Miami hasn't offered. If they offer, Malone says that something might change. That doesn't sound to "Solid" to me either.

Then I'm sure we should expect Malone to come out with some sort of condemnation of the BOL story soon. Sort of like the AU Rivals site last year getting blasted by a recruit when they put something in their story that wasn't there.

Or he might just let you think whatever you want knowing that it won't make a difference one way or the other as to what decision he makes.

I just find it funny that one minute he's saying Ole Mrs. and bammer are even and Miami might change things, but the next he's supposedly "solid" to bammer. Something doesn't add up.

I like the way you think.... :lol::lol::lol:

:au::homer:

I bet Nickky loves it.

Meh...he's not worried, because he encourages his commits to take their other visits. Right rws?

• 2 weeks later...

The funniest thing about this whole story was when the same site did an interview with Barry Brunetti.

They said Brunetti had said (without the use of quotation marks so take that for what it's worth) that Malone was a "silent decommit" from Alabama.

Yeah, I don't know that the hell that is either.

FWIW, the writer in oh so glowing terms talked of Brunetti and his feelings about Ole Miss...the same Brunetti that is committed to West Virginia.

There are some writers for these sites you have to keep track of - by that I mean how often they are right and wrong.

You guys have Matthews, among others. Bama fans have a few as well.

That little video of Bama's win last year looks a little "puny" next to the six I have stored on my computer. :poke:

Archived