Don't think we forgot this little gem....

WarTiger

If you're on an Auburn board spewing out random crap and then facts proving you wrong later you should expect to be called out on it. Truthfully, I think both sides here have taken this rivalry a little too much to the extreme, I personally don't really care what happens at the Crapstone, and I think Chizik's viewpoint is what we need to take as well. Worry about Auburn, we have enough problems and let the other schools worry about theirs.

Lets not forget that it is the AD's responsibility to monitor compliance, and the football coach has very little say in compliance. It would be like a company firing their auditors because they didnt like what they were finding... the NCAA monitors compliance departments (hirings/firings) closely as a result of this.

I would definitely agree that the culture at Bama has been bad in the past 10-15 years, however you cant fault Saban (if you have to blame him) for this issue being cleared up within the first 10 months of him arriving, and no other compliance issues since then.

So far I would say that Saban has been on campus for 2.5 years and has not had any violations. The only violation was systemic of a greater issue in the Athletic Department as a whole.

And dont forget... if Bama is not a 'repeat violator' when this is found, there is no major violation, and the University gets off without anything other than a slap on the wrist.

As a head coach of any collegiate sports team, you are obligated to monitor your players behavior, regardless of wether its dubbed as your responsibility or not. The fact that it may not be written in the description of head coach is irrelavent. But cheer up, UAT shouldve lost scholarships but they didnt.

MOD EDIT: Please familiarize yourself with the Board Rules.

Archived