Save the Grille Petition getting bigger

AUartlady

The signatures on the Save the Auburn Grille petition keep growing. There are people from all over the country signing it. There is also a petition at the Grille and it has already filled over 6 pages front and back. We have almost 1,000 signatures between the 2 petitions. Thanks to everyone who is supporting the Grille. Kathy is still sweating out these last 3 weeks, no word yet. I plan to print the petition and get the one at the Grille and take it to Nim Lipscomb next week. So spread the word and keep getting signatures.

SAVE AN AUBURN LANDMARK - one of the few left! The Auburn Grille!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all,

This is my first time posting on AUNation.net but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who supported the Grille by calling, writing, petitioning, ect to save the resturant. I have worked at the Grille for two years and I have to say it was awesome. I am sorry to report that today, March 30th was our last day of business. The pictures are no longer on the wall and the tables are gone. I found out that I was out of a job yesterday. There are still others on Spring Break that dont know. It was brought to my boss's attention yesterday by the Lipscomb family attorney that if we were not moved out by the 31st legal proceedings would begin. After much thought we decided it would be in everyone's best interest to take what we could and find another building in town. We know that we could have bought time through appeals but that it would just postpone the enevitable and cost a lot of money we could use to relocate. Once again we would like to say thank you and keep an eye out for us in the future.

God Bless...War Eagle,

John S. and the rest of the employees at the Grille

John, is Kathy wanting to get rid of some of the photos and stuff from the Grille? I would love to have two of the bar stools, or a booth.

I am deeply saddened about this and am really curious as to what goes back in place of the Grille. I wonder if it will another of the one thousand Fern Restaurants that seem to grow like weeds...

DKW,

I pulled all of the pictures off the wall and they were put on a Uhaul truck for storage in Birmingham, as for the stools they are considered part of the building and will most likely be left. The booths are going into storage here in auburn and if a new location is found they will possibly be used there. If Kathy doesnt find another location she will have an all must go auction to pay down her debts. I hope it doesnt come to that but I cant predict the future. Can you believe we still had people trying to come in today to eat? I had a call in order, and a man came in and looked at the empty place and asked if he could buy a drink! Where have these people been??? Anyway, have a good one everybody and if you want some chicken fingers let me know...lol..b/c my freezer is packed out.

john

Archived