Just got back from Neyland

PChamp119

Just got back from the game (made some nice traffic maneuvers) - good game to watch if you were an Auburn fan, those UT fans were disgusted. Had awesome seats on the 30 yard line - really nice to have a good view and not be in the endzone (very difficult to get tickets at Auburn on the sidelines). Sat next to a really nice guy and he kept repeating "What a disaster."

The guy kept talking about how much he loved our band, saying they sounded really well and enjoyed their maneuvers with the instruments. Supposedly the UT band has gone downhill faster than Bama did when put on probation and is worse than their football program. He described it saying that the UT band has significantly shrunk in size (I was thinking the same thing right before he mentioned it - because AU's band was MUCH MUCH bigger) and that they had been going through some issues and turmoil that's been on the radio and stuff. Anyone know any more? So, go band! (Auburn that is).

So not only was their band very small, but they did not play very often.

This is my second trip to Knoxville (first was in '04) and I like the final results. That stadium does not look as big as it is proclaimed to be though. I know I am biased and all, but Auburn's stadium is so much better and it doesn't feel much smaller (definitely not 20k smaller).

Noticed they moved the visitors seats a lot. Back in '04 we had at least half of the endzone and this year like none. Oh well, the Auburn fans did great showing up and were very loud.

Tiger Walk was, as described by my good friend, "more spirited than ever before." It got real roudy when the guys that have the "Tiger Walk" banner came and the police wouldn't allow one guy to switch to the other side to have the players go underneath the banner. Lots of people showed up - I don't know if they were just really wanting to do Tiger Walk or if they got ET mixed up with CT (the entire crowd was there 1 hour early).

Good game - glad this team didn't fall behind at any point. Next week will be a tough game - here's to hoping they pull it out in Fayetteville.

Just got back from the game (made some nice traffic maneuvers) - good game to watch if you were an Auburn fan, those UT fans were disgusted. Had awesome seats on the 30 yard line - really nice to have a good view and not be in the endzone (very difficult to get tickets at Auburn on the sidelines). Sat next to a really nice guy and he kept repeating "What a disaster."

The guy kept talking about how much he loved our band, saying they sounded really well and enjoyed their maneuvers with the instruments. Supposedly the UT band has gone downhill faster than Bama did when put on probation and is worse than their football program. He described it saying that the UT band has significantly shrunk in size (I was thinking the same thing right before he mentioned it - because AU's band was MUCH MUCH bigger) and that they had been going through some issues and turmoil that's been on the radio and stuff. Anyone know any more? So, go band! (Auburn that is).

So not only was their band very small, but they did not play very often.

This is my second trip to Knoxville (first was in '04) and I like the final results. That stadium does not look as big as it is proclaimed to be though. I know I am biased and all, but Auburn's stadium is so much better and it doesn't feel much smaller (definitely not 20k smaller).

Noticed they moved the visitors seats a lot. Back in '04 we had at least half of the endzone and this year like none. Oh well, the Auburn fans did great showing up and were very loud.

Tiger Walk was, as described by my good friend, "more spirited than ever before." It got real roudy when the guys that have the "Tiger Walk" banner came and the police wouldn't allow one guy to switch to the other side to have the players go underneath the banner. Lots of people showed up - I don't know if they were just really wanting to do Tiger Walk or if they got ET mixed up with CT (the entire crowd was there 1 hour early).

Good game - glad this team didn't fall behind at any point. Next week will be a tough game - here's to hoping they pull it out in Fayetteville.

Nice job P.C good read!!!!!!Keep it up

pchump is a uater. We all know that fact and have for quite a long while. Nice try little girl. :rolleyes:

I was at the game as well. The TN fans seemed disenchanted with their team, especially Crompton. Many calls for the backup were heard. The TN fans were somewhat rowdy, but they were generally welcoming and friendly. No incidents happened.

The only irritating point were the strange referee stoppages late and the stadium announcer referring to the Tigers as "War Eagle" on 2 occasions. (as in... 1st down for War Eagle)

I was at the game as well. The TN fans seemed disenchanted with their team, especially Crompton. Many calls for the backup were heard. The TN fans were somewhat rowdy, but they were generally welcoming and friendly. No incidents happened.

The only irritating point were the strange referee stoppages late and the stadium announcer referring to the Tigers as "War Eagle" on 2 occasions. (as in... 1st down for War Eagle)

That "War Eagle" thing has to be intentional. There is no way any SEC team can not know we are the Tigers and at least halfway understand how we use War Eagle.

pchump is a uater. We all know that fact and have for quite a long while. Nice try little girl. :rolleyes:

Agreed.

One good post out of every 1,000 doesn't do it for me either but it was a good read.

That was my first trip to Neyland Stadium, color me not impressed. The stadium looks gigantic from outside, but the decor on the exterior is ugly. I love the brick work at Jordan-Hare with the murals and banners. Their main entrance is plain with ordinary fencing and checkerboard banners. Tailgating was horrible, as there were very few tailgaters close to the stadium obvious b/c a majority of the fans park a 1/2 mile away or more and walk in.

Like PC said the Tiger Walk was amazing with tons of AU fans converging on a short small road cheering for an hour before the team arrived!!! The UT fans sitting around me were fickle, only cheering when UT was pushing the ball downfield or when AU had a 3rd down. They cussed and booed Crompton all night until he completed big plays. UT pregame was pretty cool, but AU's band stole the show at halftime and during the game!!

Campus was ok, with nice architecture but very hilly and not a lot of landscaping. Did get to go inside the indoor practice facility with my UT buddy. It was very cool!!!

That was my first trip to Neyland Stadium, color me not impressed. The stadium looks gigantic from outside, but the decor on the exterior is ugly. I love the brick work at Jordan-Hare with the murals and banners. Their main entrance is plain with ordinary fencing and checkerboard banners. Tailgating was horrible, as there were very few tailgaters close to the stadium obvious b/c a majority of the fans park a 1/2 mile away or more and walk in.

Like PC said the Tiger Walk was amazing with tons of AU fans converging on a short small road cheering for an hour before the team arrived!!! The UT fans sitting around me were fickle, only cheering when UT was pushing the ball downfield or when AU had a 3rd down. They cussed and booed Crompton all night until he completed big plays. UT pregame was pretty cool, but AU's band stole the show at halftime and during the game!!

Campus was ok, with nice architecture but very hilly and not a lot of landscaping. Did get to go inside the indoor practice facility with my UT buddy. It was very cool!!!

Personally, I thought Neyland was a dump. It is big, but its extremely quiet for a stadium that big. We were stuck in the south upper deck with most of the other Auburn fans as UT is one of those great schools that strings its visiting fans along the top of the endzone upper deck. Its a metal structure and there is paint missing and rust everywhere. When the Auburn fans would get excited, it would sway like a sapling in a hurricane. The aisles are barely big enough for one person so negotiating someone coming up the aisle and down the aisle was tricky. The railing on the top is more rust than paint. I was scared to really put my hands on it for risk of getting a piece of rust in my hand. The north endzone has a canopy that that has 1970's written all over it. Reminds me of a old A&W drive in. In fact, the whole stadium has 70's written all over it with the exception of the scoreboard and video boards on the upper decks. The outside where vol walk was the nicest part I thought and you could tell it had recently had the brick facade done. The rest is an all metal structure. The upper deck also has a very narrow walkway and instead of concession stands, they just have some folding tables with a few drinks manned by the local boy scouts. The restrooms on the upper deck seemed to be a bit of an afterthought and were like little bathroom portable buidlings that had been built on the concourse.

I was just completely underwhelmed. It was handsdown the worst SEC stadium I've been to and SC is the only place I haven't been. I know its big, but it feels like some redneck engineering was done to get it to that size.

The pregame rap video of Eric Berry was hilarious, but in a "what a bunch of morons" way. I still catch myself going "eric berry, eric berry" and it still makes me laugh.

I've noticed I don't really like the schools that are in bigger cities. I love Auburn where the campus is the center of everything and it is open with lots of greenspace. UT is cramped and the hills make navigating and usable space a problem. There is very little greenspace around the stadium. In fact, it seemed most of the tailgating was done by UT fans in a double deck parking garage just under the south upperdeck.

As for tigerwalk, there was plenty of room for the band and cheerleaders. Its a lame excuse. There was more room at tiger walk than volwalk.

Personally, I thought Neyland was a dump. It is big, but its extremely quiet for a stadium that big. We were stuck in the south upper deck with most of the other Auburn fans as UT is one of those great schools that strings its visiting fans along the top of the endzone upper deck. Its a metal structure and there is paint missing and rust everywhere. When the Auburn fans would get excited, it would sway like a sapling in a hurricane. The aisles are barely big enough for one person so negotiating someone coming up the aisle and down the aisle was tricky. The railing on the top is more rust than paint. I was scared to really put my hands on it for risk of getting a piece of rust in my hand. The north endzone has a canopy that that has 1970's written all over it. Reminds me of a old A&W drive in. In fact, the whole stadium has 70's written all over it with the exception of the scoreboard and video boards on the upper decks. The outside where vol walk was the nicest part I thought and you could tell it had recently had the brick facade done. The rest is an all metal structure. The upper deck also has a very narrow walkway and instead of concession stands, they just have some folding tables with a few drinks manned by the local boy scouts. The restrooms on the upper deck seemed to be a bit of an afterthought and were like little bathroom portable buidlings that had been built on the concourse.

I was just completely underwhelmed. It was handsdown the worst SEC stadium I've been to and SC is the only place I haven't been. I know its big, but it feels like some redneck engineering was done to get it to that size.

The pregame rap video of Eric Berry was hilarious, but in a "what a bunch of morons" way. I still catch myself going "eric berry, eric berry" and it still makes me laugh.

I've noticed I don't really like the schools that are in bigger cities. I love Auburn where the campus is the center of everything and it is open with lots of greenspace. UT is cramped and the hills make navigating and usable space a problem. There is very little greenspace around the stadium. In fact, it seemed most of the tailgating was done by UT fans in a double deck parking garage just under the south upperdeck.

As for tigerwalk, there was plenty of room for the band and cheerleaders. Its a lame excuse. There was more room at tiger walk than volwalk.

I agree for the most part. I thought that the stadium, while big, was just not that nice. Their sound system is terrible in my opinion. I would think if they had the money for the jumbotron that they would have the money to buy a decent sound system. My experience with the fans around campus was great. They would joke around and talk with you; a far cry from what UGA was like 2 years ago. I was disappointed by how quite their fans were. Im sure it helped out our offense but it was pathetic how they just quit on their team. It got loud at the beginning of the game and it didnt get loud again until they thought they had an interception. I was embarrassed for them the way they pimp Eric Berry. Im mean come on.... he is one guy and it seems like everything revolves around him.

Never said the stadium was all that. I thought the exterior especially on the Gate 17 side, where the Vol walk made the left turn, was quite ugly with the brick red colored "boards" covering that big section of wall. Maybe they are not finished with it, I don't know, but very plain!!

You will love going to South Carolina! They are good hosts and they do get loud. The bad part is the horrid chicken call over the loud speakers as it is very very annoying.

Actually, this year's Auburn band is the biggest in history. They actually had to cut people for the first time ever. The band saw a huge increase while I was there (02-06) and it seems to have continued.

Just got back into DC. Had a great time in Knoxville, but seeing that it was my first game in person - I'm not surprised. We brought a crowd, thats for sure.

I was really impressed with Bates at safety. For being a true freshman that was rated as a 2*, I really think he may be the steal of the last recruiting season.

Also, ran across Brandon Cox while walking over to the stadium so I gave him a War Eagle.

"You will love going to South Carolina! They are good hosts and they do get loud. The bad part is the horrid chicken call over the loud speakers as it is very very annoying".

Ha! I'd forgotten about that chicken call, it's both hideous and hilarious. Thanks. Almost as bad as FSU's tomahawk chop followed by 10 minutes of "war drums".

"You will love going to South Carolina! They are good hosts and they do get loud. The bad part is the horrid chicken call over the loud speakers as it is very very annoying".

Ha! I'd forgotten about that chicken call, it's both hideous and hilarious. Thanks. Almost as bad as FSU's tomahawk chop followed by 10 minutes of "war drums".

neither are as bad or hilarious as an elephant sounding off with what sounds like bad gas!!! :roflol:

Archived