Pull the plug, Jay

AUdmd07

This is embarrassing. We have no talent and get out coached with regularity. How much more time does Lebo need? Seriously?

Lets get a fresh face in here - someone who is a proven winner at the mid major level and has actually coached a team to the big dance.

Think its only fair to give him some time in the new building.

Cause for years people argued that the arena was the only thing that was holding AU basketball back.

Then to be brutally honest, alot of those winning schools at the mid-majors that have gone to the big dance are better jobs than the AU job.

Cause for years people argued that the arena was the only thing that was holding AU basketball back.

Then to be brutally honest, alot of those winning schools at the mid-majors that have gone to the big dance are better jobs than the AU job.

I'm going to disagree here. The arena excuse is just that, an excuse and a weak one at that. If a coach is a good recruiter, he can bring in kids that will believe in his system and preform well in it. AU is a great campus to recruit to, and BEMC is a long way from being some archaic dump.

Lebo has had 6 (count 'em SIX) years to put a team together. Do you realize there isn't ONE single junior on our team this year? Lebo has been running off of prep-school and over

looked JUCO players for years. Frankie Sullivan is the only highly sought player from recruiting's mainstream that's on our team.

We need a coach that can get six to eight players other SEC teams would like to have, not just one.

Lets open our new arena with a new coach and a new outlook on basketball. Giving Lebo a chance to go 8-18, lose a couple to teams like Florida Atlantic and once again fail to make a tournament is just wasting time and opportunity.

Why gime him another year? It's not going to be any better next season because we're going to lose Reed, Hargrove, Waller, and Knox.

He's had 6 years to just get some big guys that if nothing else could at least give us an inside game and get some rebounds. Instead, we're still shooting 3 pointers and playing fast with lots of turnovers. It took him 5 years to finally get us to the NIT. Now it looks like it will be another 2-3 years at best until we make it to post-season play.

Auburn and Ole Miss are the 2 SEC teams that have gone the longest without making the NCAA Tournament. Ole Miss is currently ranked #20 and is 16-5 right now. The way things are going, Ole Miss will probably make the tournament this year. So that means Auburn will have gone the longest without making the tournament.

I say give him a year because I quite sometime ago argued what you guys are. That the arena was an excuse. I took quite a bit of heat for that. In fact I think our b-ball program doesn't deserve a new arena and better things could of been done with the money. Destroy Parker Hall and build a new Physics building to go with the new Chem and Life Science buildings on that part of campus for example. I argued against a new building till we had proven we would win and support basketball. If anyone in BEM deserves a new building its the Kinesiology Dept.

So lets give him a chance in the new building, with the new facilities, with the supposed crowds that will be there and see if that brings in better players (in being athletic, coach-able, academically).

If that doesn't help then you can say we gave him a shot with the best facilities and he didn't perform. Then when you look for a new coach they see a brand new arena that people are actually coming to (if they do come as has been predicted)and a previous coach that was given a fair shot with those facilities.

And ya BEMC does suck. I did years of classes in that building and even the instructors complain about it falling apart and coming up short as a modern and quality building within which to house and service today's athlete.

I say give him a year because I quite sometime ago argued what you guys are. That the arena was an excuse. I took quite a bit of heat for that. In fact I think our b-ball program doesn't deserve a new arena and better things could of been done with the money. Destroy Parker Hall and build a new Physics building to go with the new Chem and Life Science buildings on that part of campus for example. I argued against a new building till we had proven we would win and support basketball. If anyone in BEM deserves a new building its the Kinesiology Dept.

So lets give him a chance in the new building, with the new facilities, with the supposed crowds that will be there and see if that brings in better players (in being athletic, coach-able, academically).

If that doesn't help then you can say we gave him a shot with the best facilities and he didn't perform. Then when you look for a new coach they see a brand new arena that people are actually coming to (if they do come as has been predicted)and a previous coach that was given a fair shot with those facilities.

And ya BEMC does suck. I did years of classes in that building and even the instructors complain about it falling apart and coming up short as a modern and quality building within which to house and service today's athlete.

As you said (and I agree) BEMC SUCKS! That's why we have a new arena going up. The Athletic Dept. pays for the vast majority of the bill for the new arena. We do need a new Physics Building for sure! You could say similar things about Shelby v/s a new Physics building as well, but the new Arena isn't taking away from a new Physics facility.

As you said (and I agree) BEMC SUCKS! That's why we have a new arena going up. The Athletic Dept. pays for the vast majority of the bill for the new arena. We do need a new Physics Building for sure! You could say similar things about Shelby v/s a new Physics building as well, but the new Arena isn't taking away from a new Physics facility.

I didn't say it was, was just using that as an example of better things they could of done with the 90 or so million they borrowed to do this. Or they could of used that to build the new students activities building vs making me pay for it (and I will never get to use it) in the current tuition which saw a 14% or increase also very recently.

If we had a program that won consistently and filled the seats consistently then I would think differently cause it would eventually pay for itself. Hopefully, as some believe it will, this will happen.

Till that happens though, I think the University could of benefited in other areas with its spending choices.

I am hoping that the Athletic dept has come to the conclusion that Lebo can not win in the SEC. He has got to go. Get someone in here who can coach and recruit! The arena excuse is just that. I have heard all the excuses for the past 6 years about how next year will be the turning point. Lebo just had to get over one more hump, and he will have us on track. I started to almost believe this last year when we went on the late run for post season NCAAs. Get someone in who can make this school relevant in Basketball again.

Archived