LaMichael Fanning

AU alum

This guy didn't even start for Auburn HS last year, they brought him in for short yardage stops. He may be the best in the country and the AHS coaches are just stupid. What do they know, they only work with him daily.

Really how does a guy go from 2nd teamer to Great Prospect in less than six months?

This guy didn't even start for Auburn HS last year, they brought him in for short yardage stops. He may be the best in the country and the AHS coaches are just stupid. What do they know, they only work with him daily.

Really how does a guy go from 2nd teamer to Great Prospect in less than six months?

Fanning was one of the bigger-name sophomores in the country before he transferred to AHS. He is really raw but a lot of the "2nd string" stuff was simply him joining a team late due to transfer and being behind.

BTW I wasn't impressed with what I saw from last year. He made the right choice because I dont see him playing DL in a 4-3 defense. He may still end up on the OL, but at least in Bama's 3-4 he has a shot at maybe playing as a DE.

BTW I wasn't impressed with what I saw from last year.

Of course you weren't.

Find me one person who was. Please.

When Fanning came in he was the early favorite for #1 player instate this year. Came in with huge hype, yet as of right now he's at best 4th on any Alabama ranking, and thats because he's about 6'7 and can move. Going off of what he showed last year he is an OL in the SEC, period. Like I mentioned above, a 3-4 is a good move for him because he may actually be able to stay at DE in that scheme....in a 4-3? Give me Keymiya Harrell every time.

I know you think I just badmouth any instate kid that commits to Alabama. Go talk to WAR-MATT or anyone who I have regular PM contact with; I've been saying this about Fanning for a while now.

I'll also add that some others were saying similar things right after his visit to Auburn and he was saying good things about us:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64981&view=findpost&p=660254

So I really don't think it's about him committing to bammer. There has been mixed opinion on him for a while.

Folks on here may have their doubts, but a whole slew of teams (including Auburn) made offers. This guy has a huge potential upside if he develops. Bama has a lot of talent on campus and more than any other team can afford to take time to develop this kid's upside. Seems like the kid made a smart move.

Folks on here may have their doubts, but a whole slew of teams (including Auburn) made offers. This guy has a huge potential upside if he develops. Bama has a lot of talent on campus and more than any other team can afford to take time to develop this kid's upside. Seems like the kid made a smart move.

No one said the kid sucks.

Yeah I don't think anyone is saying that Fanning is bad or that he can't play at this level. Obviously the guy has alot of talent and potential. But he's more of a project type guy that will take time to develop. His path to playing time might be easier at Auburn given our depth, but he most likely would not be playing here in his first year. I wouldn't classify Fanning as the best talent in state, and he's certainly not 5 star worthy, but its only because he's not ready to take the field YET in the SEC. I wouldn't classify Shon Coleman as 5 star either mainly because, at the time before we knew he was sick, he needed to put on weight and work on his technique. But there's a load of potential there just like there is for Fanning.

Fanning is very good and I would love to have him in the fold but there are better suited athletes who can help us out quicker than he could.

Ryan

Fanning has size and potential and that is it. He is not a 5star player. He cannot even make it on the feild full time in High school. Plus the guy is not a 4-3 DT. He would be playng out of position if he came to Auburn. He made the best choice for him by picking Bama. If Saban cannot make him a real football player, than no one can. Like it or not Saban is a good coach. And his system might get the best from Fanning. If anyone lives in the Auburn area, I suggest you take in an Auburn High game next year and make your own judgement. I will still say that JaMicheal Payne is the best player on that Dline.

Archived