Langford an AU Tiger Per AL.Com

AUgrad00

Check it out....Great Job Barbee this is a start!!!

Sources: Huntsville prep basketball star Josh Langford to sign with Auburn

By Kevin Scarbinsky -- The Birmingham News

Tony Barbee's first recruiting trip as the Auburn coach, the morning after he was introduced, took him to Lee High School in Huntsville to check on Josh Langford.

That trip is about to pay dividends.

Langford is expected to announce shortly, at a press conference at his high school, that he'll be Barbee's first Auburn signee, according to people familiar with his decision.

josh-langford-all-star-classicjpg-9fddc98f4b066cc6_medium.jpg

Read more...

Also, as mentioned before, look out for Cothron...

Don't be surprised if Barbee lands another Alabama native soon in 6-8 Luke Cothron, who's from Huntsville but played this last season at a prep school in North Carolina.

Boom! Great start for Coach Barbee.

War Eagle Coach Barbee, on your first Auburn signee! And welcome to the Auburn Family, Josh Langford!

The 6-foot-6, 210-pound swingman is No. 1 on The Birmingham News postseason list of Super Seniors. He led Lee to the Class 5A state title and was named MVP. He also earned MVP honors at last month's Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic.

http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2010/04/langford_to_sign_with_auburn.html

I heard he may not qualify. Any doubts?

From the Scout article on him:

Brown noted that Auburn may have been waiting to see how Langford did on his ACT. The coach said after Langford took care of that “the floodgates opened” and offers began pouring in from around the country.

Can't quote the rest because it's premium content. Brown is his HS head coach. Evidently he's good and plans to enroll this summer.

I heard he may not qualify. Any doubts?

From the Scout article on him:

Brown noted that Auburn may have been waiting to see how Langford did on his ACT. The coach said after Langford took care of that “the floodgates opened” and offers began pouring in from around the country.

Can't quote the rest because it's premium content. Brown is his HS head coach. Evidently he's good and plans to enroll this summer.

Good for him. I know a lot of schools backed off when he was having trouble. I'm sure it's not easy getting back in the door when it turns out they pass everything.

Good for him. I know a lot of schools backed off when he was having trouble. I'm sure it's not easy getting back in the door when it turns out they pass everything.

A good recruiter wouldn't have slammed the door in his own face, particularly when dealing with the #1 prospect in Alabama.

It didn't take Barbee long to close the deal.

Barbee: Langford huge recruit

barbee9+410.jpg

Tony Barbee made Josh Langford his top recruiting priority, visiting the standout forward just hours after being announced as Auburn’s head coach.

A month later, Langford inked with Auburn becoming the first signee of the Barbee era.

"I'm excited that Josh has decided to join the Auburn Family," said Barbee. "He is a huge recruit for me and for the program as we try to establish Auburn as one of the programs to beat on the floor and in recruiting in the Southeast.

“In getting the best player in the state of Alabama in the Class of 2010 was a very important to establish that we are going to go after the best, and Josh is the best in Alabama this year.”

The Birmingham News tabbed Langford as the state’s No. 1 prospect on its Super Seniors list following a standout senior season as he led Lee High School to the Class 5A state championship earning Tournament MVP honors.

The 6-foot-7, 207-pounder averaged 21.2 points and 12 rebounds as a senior.

Read more...

Auburn Athletics may be headed for some very bright days in football, basketball, and baseball. WAR EAGLE!

I had this thought to. The future is bright!!

Auburn Athletics may be headed for some very bright days in football, basketball, and baseball. WAR EAGLE!

Archived