AU vs. Ole Miss - SEC Tournament

AU will play Ole Miss Friday at 3:00 PM CT. AU is coming off of a recent sweep of the Rebels. The winner advances to play LSU and the loser goes home. Starting pitchers...

AU: Cole Nelson (6-3, 4.94)

UM: David Goforth (1-5, 8.27)

Ole Miss coach Rob Bianco said David Goforth will get the start. Goforth’s last start was against Auburn last Saturday. He gave up seven runs, five of them earned, on seven hits in 2 1/3 innings.

Auburn coach John Pawlowski said he will either start junior Cole Nelson, who started against Ole Miss last Friday, or freshman Slade Smith, who relieved Nelson in the fifth inning and got the win.

Read more...

phpsoDw73153_0191.JPG

Justin Hokanson Photo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rats! I was hoping UAT would lose that game so we played them tomorrow. Now they get a day off Friday and if we play them Saturday Nelson will be ready to go again.

Keep on truckin', Tigers.

AU will play Ole Miss Friday at 3:00 PM CT. AU is coming off of a recent sweep of the Rebels. The winner advances to play Alabama and the loser goes home. Starting pitchers...

AU: Cole Nelson

UM: David Goforth

Ole Miss coach Rob Bianco said David Goforth will get the start. Goforth’s last start was against Auburn last Saturday. He gave up seven runs, five of them earned, on seven hits in 2 1/3 innings.

Auburn coach John Pawlowski said he will either start junior Cole Nelson, who started against Ole Miss last Friday, or freshman Slade Smith, who relieved Nelson in the fifth inning and got the win.

Read more...

Actually, we play LSU if we win...

AU will play Ole Miss Friday at 3:00 PM CT. AU is coming off of a recent sweep of the Rebels. The winner advances to play Alabama and the loser goes home. Starting pitchers...

AU: Cole Nelson

UM: David Goforth

Read more...

Actually, we play LSU if we win...

Correct. Thanks for catching that...

Why would they change the brackets like this in the middle? The way the bracket is laid out alabama would be the logical opponent for us if we beat ole miss. Why are they swapping brackets with LSU and Alabama? I don't understand this. They are both undefeated, but I thought we all stayed within our bracket assignments until the champions of each bracket played?

Why would they change the brackets like this in the middle? The way the bracket is laid out alabama would be the logical opponent for us if we beat ole miss. Why are they swapping brackets with LSU and Alabama? I don't understand this. They are both undefeated, but I thought we all stayed within our bracket assignments until the champions of each bracket played?

Starting last year, they changed the format and introduced a 'flipped bracket', meaning, after two days of play the undefeated team in each bracket moves to the other bracket to reduce the amount of rematches teams will have to play to win the tourney.

Today's lineup:

Fradejas

Gamache

Caldwell

Morris

Patterson

Jenkins

McElroy

Simpson

Hargett

Nelson

Note, Fletcher (hand) and Mummey (hamstring) are not in the lineup.

Also note...

An apocalyptic thunderstorm is pounding on Regions Park right now, putting today's 3 p.m. start time in jeopardy.

http://twitter.com/AUBlog

5.28p+tarp.JPG

Andy Bitter Photo

Fletcher and Mummey being out hurts us. It's not the End of Times and we still have a shot but our chances would be a lot better with those two big stacks in the lineup.

Maybe it'll rain until midnight and we'll get an extra day? *Crossed fingers*

Fletcher and Mummey being out hurts us. It's not the End of Times and we still have a shot but our chances would be a lot better with those two big stacks in the lineup.

Maybe it'll rain until midnight and we'll get an extra day? *Crossed fingers*

To hell with that, LETS GET IT ON! :thumbsup:

Starting last year, they changed the format and introduced a 'flipped bracket', meaning, after two days of play the undefeated team in each bracket moves to the other bracket to reduce the amount of rematches teams will have to play to win the tourney.

Interesting. I guess that's for me not paying attention to the tournament with auburn not participating in recent years.

Today's lineup:

Fradejas

Gamache

Caldwell

Morris

Patterson

Jenkins

McElroy

Simpson

Hargett

Nelson

Note, Fletcher (hand) and Mummey (hamstring) are not in the lineup.

Also note...

An apocalyptic thunderstorm is pounding on Regions Park right now, putting today's 3 p.m. start time in jeopardy.

http://twitter.com/AUBlog

5.28p+tarp.JPG

Andy Bitter Photo

Was driving by there on 150 about 30 minutes or so ago and the rain drops were as big as quarters.

anybody got a radio feed that has given us an updated start time?? Still got some crappy fishing shows on sunsports while we wait for the game to start.

ok.. finally got an update. Game is scheduled to start around 4:55 Central time.

...If there is no more lightening w/i 6-7 miles, which would cause an additional 30 min delay. FWIW, most of Jefferson/Shelby counties were under a severe thunderstorm warning until 4:45 - so, hopefully things are clearing out of the area.

If you have dish network, its on alternate channel 448. Just about to get started. LET'S GO TIGERS!!

first two get on...1. hit by a pitch, the 2nd was walked. 2 on no outs. Ole Miss hasn't even put a bat on the ball yet.

Nelson settles down after the first two reach. Gets two strike outs and one foul out to 1st base. Tigers coming to bat. It's also raining at the park again.

Ole Miss gets 2 in the top of the 2nd. leave 2 on base. Rebels lead 2-0 going to bottom of 2nd.

creede Simpson hits one in the gap in right center, bobbled a little by the right fielder, alows Simpson to slide in at 3rd. Ryan Jenkins scores. 2-1 rebs 2 out runner on 3rd

Archived