OK, Anti-Auburn, but funny.

TigerGlide

Not funny.

Oh come on...we've got to have a little sense of humor about the whole thing. If positions were flipped we'd be :roflol: at that.

I don't mind a little good natured ribbing if its not mean spirited, he just took the stuff that's out there and re-wrote and old classic with it. You gotta appreciate the wit.

Hey probably thinks he's cool or funny with that hat, but really he's just an idiot. The song is also stupid.

The song is more about Cecil than AU. He has already admitted to having conversations about money with an Alum at State and I'm sure he entertained it for a while. So, except for the laptop thing being spun wrong and the reference to Danny Ford and Clemson being a little over the top, there's nothing in there that's really that bad.

Guys, like it or not, this thing is part of our history now and will always be associated with us. I'm sure there will be another chapter added to the AL/AU joke book because of this thing. Everyone makes mistakes in life, but not having the ability to laugh AT yourself WITH other people is a very miserable way to live.

Hey probably thinks he's cool or funny with that hat, but really he's just an idiot. The song is also stupid.

The song is more about Cecil than AU. He has already admitted to having conversations about money with an Alum at State and I'm sure he entertained it for a while. So, except for the laptop thing being spun wrong and the reference to Danny Ford and Clemson being a little over the top, there's nothing in there that's really that bad.

Guys, like it or not, this thing is part of our history now and will always be associated with us. I'm sure there will be another chapter added to the AL/AU joke book because of this thing. Everyone makes mistakes in life, but not having the ability to laugh AT yourself WITH other people is a very miserable way to live.

I'm not attacking you for posting it, and I don't care that he's making jokes at our expense, I just don't think it is as witty or funny as you do. That's all.

Maybe at some other time, under different circumstances I might laugh at that. Right now my humor about this Cam Newton situation is kinda' all dried up.

They played this on 790 yesterday in Atlanta. I can easily laugh at something making fun of something dear to me, but I don't generally find music parodies all that clever. This one is no exception.

I'm not attacking you for posting it, and I don't care that he's making jokes at our expense, I just don't think it is as witty or funny as you do. That's all.

This.

Fair Enough.

I guess I'm just too old and have lived through the other bad situations at Auburn and have learned that this will pass too. I try to not take it so seriously anymore, I just try to understand the facts around what's going on and ride it out.

Can a MOD please take this down, I probably shouldn't have posted it.

23And he went up from thence unto Beth-el; and as he was going up by the way, there came forth young lads out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou baldhead; go up, thou baldhead. 24And he looked behind him and saw them, and cursed them in the name of Jehovah. And there came forth two she-bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two lads of them. 2 Kings Chapter 2

.And he said unto his men, Jehovah forbid that I should do this thing unto my lord, Jehovah’s anointed, to put forth my hand against him, seeing he is Jehovah’s anointed. 1 Samuel 24:6

It is making fun of not only Cam but his dad also. Whether you believe he is a real "man of God" or "anointed" or not BEWARE

23And he went up from thence unto Beth-el; and as he was going up by the way, there came forth young lads out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou baldhead; go up, thou baldhead. 24And he looked behind him and saw them, and cursed them in the name of Jehovah. And there came forth two she-bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two lads of them. 2 Kings Chapter 2

.And he said unto his men, Jehovah forbid that I should do this thing unto my lord, Jehovah’s anointed, to put forth my hand against him, seeing he is Jehovah’s anointed. 1 Samuel 24:6

It is making fun of not only Cam but his dad also. Whether you believe he is a real "man of God" or "anointed" or not BEWARE

Now THIS is funny!

.And he said unto his men, Jehovah forbid that I should do this thing unto my lord, Jehovah's anointed, to put forth my hand against him, seeing he is Jehovah's anointed. 1 Samuel 24:6

Now THIS is funny!

I am not sure what you find funny about my post but if it is scripture I can assure you I was not joking . I do not joke about the Word of God.

I am not sure what you find funny about my post but if it is scripture I can assure you I was not joking . I do not joke about the Word of God.

The BEWARE part made me laugh. Religious threats are a joy.

The BEWARE part made me laugh. Religious threats are a joy.

What threat? The scripture did not have it in it ,that was my wording and besides whether it is here on earth or at judgment God does what His word says he will do. Auburn people believe" that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

What threat? The scripture did not have it in it ,that was my wording and besides whether it is here on earth or at judgment God does what His word says he will do. Auburn people believe" that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

I knew the BEWARE was your wording. I'm not religious and find these things silly. I truly hope Cecil is not guilty of anything being charged. I want Auburn and Cam to come out of this with no suspicion, but I'm not giving his father any credit for being "anointed". I know most pastors are good people and believe what they are spewing out, but we all know from experience that they don't always have a leg up on morality.

Archived