Brandon Fulse - update - Commited to AU

RunInRed

It was posted to AUFAMILY's Facebook page that Chizik is currently (1/19/11) at Fort Meade HS visiting our top Tight End target.

222011.jpg

Brandon Fulse, TE

Fort Meade, FL

6'4 / 247 / 4.8

Offers (20+):

Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Florida State, Georgia, Louisville, Marshall, Maryland, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, North Carolina, Rutgers, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Texas Tech, UCF and West Virginia, among others.

Rankings:

Rivals: 4-star, No. 10 rated TE, No. 30 in the state of Florida, No. 162 overall (Rivals250 member)

247Sports: 4-star, No. 8 rated TE, No. 28 in the state of Florida, No. 150 overall (The247 member)

Scout: 4-star, No. 13 rated TE

Notes:

- Fulse went to the same high school as current AU player Onterio McCalebb

Brandon Fulse finished his junior season with 20 receptions for 265 yards and two touchdowns. Defensively, he had 70 tackles, 18 tackles for loss and 10 sacks. Fulse says he can bench 275-pounds, squat 415 and has a 32-inch vertical jump.

Final senior (12-2) stats: 43 receptions for 730 yards and 10 touchdowns; eight sacks on defense

Fulse plans to major in business and reports a 3.2 GPA and 16 ACT retake. Will retake again in January.

Fulse: “I’m pretty strong and move well for a big man. Linebackers can’t guard me and I find holes quickly. I’m pretty balanced.

“I can come off the line quick and I have great knowledge of the game. I want to get faster and work on my route-running and footwork.”

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4065069

Fulse can be a load at the tight end position. He has good size both in height and bulk for the position and displays the ability to be a well rounded tight end. He is a strong in-line blocker.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/player%3fid%3d84866%26_slug_%3dbrandon-fulse

Curious about how he would fit at h-back. His measurables are nearly identical to Lutz's.

(Lutz)

Ht:6'4"

Wt:245 lbs

40:4.73

im tuning into ESPNU tomorrow for sure...

War Eagle, Brandon, and welcome to the Auburn Famly. Glad you're joining Onterio McCalebb in Auburn. :thumbsup:

First, welcome Brandon!

Second, anyone know if he played both ways? I see guys this big with shoulders and hips like his... I just think of Jay Ratliff. Obviously, he's going to start at TE/H-Back, but if that doesn't work out, DE/DT is a great option with his frame. I was just wondering if he's got any experience on that side of the ball.

Second, anyone know if he played both ways?

Yep

From Scout:

Biography: Brandon Fulse finished his junior season with 20 receptions for 265 yards and two touchdowns. Defensively, he had 70 tackles, 18 tackles for loss and 10 sacks. Fulse says he can bench 275-pounds, squat 415 and has a 32-inch vertical jump.

Final senior (12-2) stats: 43 receptions for 730 yards and 10 touchdowns; eight sacks on defense

Fulse plans to major in business and reports a 3.2 GPA and 16 ACT retake. Will retake again in January.

First, welcome Brandon!

Second, anyone know if he played both ways? I see guys this big with shoulders and hips like his... I just think of Jay Ratliff. Obviously, he's going to start at TE/H-Back, but if that doesn't work out, DE/DT is a great option with his frame. I was just wondering if he's got any experience on that side of the ball.

They said on ESPU that he could possibly be a DE, but most likely he will be used at TE.

First, welcome Brandon!

According to the article on al.com, he had 70 tackles (18 for loss) his junior year...

Edit -- or read the better statistics above :)

Brandon Fulse picks Auburn

By Jamie Newberg

Brandon Fulse, the No. 5-ranked tight end in the country, is the latest addition to Auburn's 2011 recruiting class.

"When I first got up there it felt like home," said the four-star Under Armour All-American. "I clicked with the coaches and players from the start. I come from a small town. Auburn is a small town. To me, it just really felt like home and very comfortable to me. They did a great job of recruiting me from the start. I just love the Auburn Tigers."

Something else that was big with the tight end from Fort Meade High School in Florida was the Tigers' offense and the need for a tight end. While he concedes that Tennessee, Miami and North Carolina -- his other finalists -- also needed tight ends, he thought the Auburn offense was the best fit for him.

"You know I love Gus Malzahn and his offense," Fulse said. "I have met Philip [Lutzenkirchen] and he's a great guy and a great player. I think we will complement each other well. I can run for a big man and I can move very well. That's what Malzahn likes. I can stretch the field and make some plays."

While he did commit to Auburn over the Vols, Tar Heels and Hurricanes, one team was tougher than the others to turn away.

"Tennessee made it tough," Fulse admitted. "I loved the visit and I really like coach [Derek] Dooley. That's a great program with history and history at the tight end position. I did feel comfortable there but not like my new home."

Auburn has been roaring of late, getting commitments from some big-time players like running back Tre Mason (Lake Worth, Fla./Park Vista) and defensive end Devaunte Sigler (Mobile, Ala./Rain).

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6065645

After the Fulse announcement...

Auburn's updated national recruiting ranking for 2011: 3rd on Scout, 6th on Rivals, 9th on ESPN

@wareagleextra

ESPN needs to get with the program a bit! :P

Archived