Chizik's record at AU vs saban's record at UA

RVTiger

OK, so that makes the midgets record at bammer as follows:

2007 2-6 **Alabama had to vacate 5 wins in 2007 due to NCAA sanctions

2008 12-2

2009 14-0

2010 10-3

For a total of 38-11 (0.775 winning pct.).

All the while Coach Chizik had a 22-5 record at Auburn (0.815 winning pct.).

And, little nicky has an all time losing record against Auburn of 4-5.

Looks like we got a good thing going at Auburn!!

It is posts such as this that make me "consider" missing little old bg. He would explain all of this away in no time.....

2008 12-2

2009 14-0

2010 10-3

To be honest it looks fairly even to me. When implicitly comparing Auburn and Alabama together why not just give Saban's record vs Auburn while at Alabama 2-2 or vs Chizik 1-1? Yeah, like what the other guys said give Chizik two more years for a more accurate comparison. Regardless the difference is pretty minuscule, but yes you guys do have a good thing going on the plains. :thumbsup:

Of course there's this about Saban's record against Auburn, 4-5 but he's never beaten a real good Auburn team. Every Auburn team Saban beat had eight or fewer wins. Give Auburn a team with 9+ wins and Saban can't handle it.

2008 12-2

2009 14-0

2010 10-3

To be honest it looks fairly even to me. When implicitly comparing Auburn and Alabama together why not just give Saban's record vs Auburn while at Alabama 2-2 or vs Chizik 1-1? Yeah, like what the other guys said give Chizik two more years for a more accurate comparison. Regardless the difference is pretty minuscule, but yes you guys do have a good thing going on the plains. :thumbsup:

Please. All we ever heard from the updykes about $abun before he coached his first game at uat was how he was going to dominate the series, and all we ever heard from them about Chizik before he coached his first game at AU was "5-19, 5-19." A little perspective here, if you will: it took $abun 3 years to get to the championship game, while it only took Chizik 2 years. And $abun had a much better situation at uat, existing talent-wise, coming in than Chizik did at AU. A better apples-to-apples comparison would be to compare each coaches' first 2 years: Chizik, 22-5 for a 81.5% winning percentage vs $abun, 14-8 for a 63.6% winning percentage ... no contest.

2008 12-2

2009 14-0

2010 10-3

Please. All we ever heard from the updykes about $abun before he coached his first game at uat was how he was going to dominate the series, and all we ever heard from them about Chizik before he coached his first game at AU was "5-19, 5-19." A little perspective here, if you will: it took $abun 3 years to get to the championship game, while it only took Chizik 2 years. And $abun had a much better situation at uat, existing talent-wise, coming in than Chizik did at AU. A better apples-to-apples comparison would be to compare each coaches' first 2 years: Chizik, 22-5 for a 81.5% winning percentage vs $abun, 14-8 for a 63.6% winning percentage ... no contest.

Yeah it wasn't just the bama fans who were talking about 5-19, remember that one guy who was screaming it when Jacobs arrived back in Auburn. Lol I don't think bama had better talent when Saban took over in comparison to Auburn and Chizik. The difference for Alabama was the 07 08 recruiting class. If all the facts are so irrefutable then why was this thread even started? So you're saying that before this past season UGA fans had every right to "pwn" Auburn fans because they had beaten them 5 times (I think) in a row. UGA just had such a better program.....bs

I agree with what your saying Mikey. To add to that Alabama hasn't been able to handle any Auburn team for the past decade (up until 2008) whether good or bad. Like really, we are talking about one of the worst decades in the history of Alabama's program before or after you know who...not even the national championship makes up for it. :lol:.

$aban's problem is Auburn, period. He had the same problems at LSU and you can hardly whine that LSU was in a down period while Dinky was there.

Quote: "remember that one guy who was screaming it when Jacobs arrived back in Auburn."...The operative part of that is "one guy".

2008 12-2

2009 14-0

2010 10-3

Yeah it wasn't just the bama fans who were talking about 5-19, remember that one guy who was screaming it when Jacobs arrived back in Auburn. Lol I don't think bama had better talent when Saban took over in comparison to Auburn and Chizik. The difference for Alabama was the 07 08 recruiting class. If all the facts are so irrefutable then why was this thread even started? So you're saying that before this past season UGA fans had every right to "pwn" Auburn fans because they had beaten them 5 times (I think) in a row. UGA just had such a better program.....bs

I agree with what your saying Mikey. To add to that Alabama hasn't been able to handle any Auburn team for the past decade (up until 2008) whether good or bad. Like really, we are talking about one of the worst decades in the history of Alabama's program before or after you know who...not even the national championship makes up for it. :lol:.

Oh there it is, the rationalization that all uat fans cling to. You need to visit the classics forum here and read the thread titled: "Auburn only beats uat when they are down". Yeah that title was meant to be sarcastic, because facts show its just the opposite. The better both teams are the more one sided the advantage is to Auburn.

Oh there it is, the rationalization that all uat fans cling to. You need to visit the classics forum here and read the thread titled: "Auburn only beats uat when they are down". Yeah that title was meant to be sarcastic, because facts show its just the opposite. The better both teams are the more one sided the advantage is to Auburn.

http://www.aufamily....when-were-down/

Yeah I've read that thread before. I'm not making that claim, but it becomes apparent when looking the stats that besides the 2000s its been a pretty even match.

1950s Tie 5-5

1960s Alabama 8-2

1970s Alabama 8-2

1980s Auburn 6-4

1990s Alabama 7-3

2000s Auburn 7-3

I mean to be honest it looks pretty even at least from this perspective the only noticeable trend is that Auburn has been matching Alabama the past few decades. This is obviously great for the state and the rivalry. :cheer::ua::football::au::cheer:

Until this year, UGA fans had every right to talk down to Auburn. They owned us. Period. It didn't matter if they were up and we were down or we were up and they were down. They still kicked us in the teeth at the end of every season. Now we got a win. We can chirp a little. When Auburn was on our run, Bama had nothing to say except "Can I have another?"

As for Chizik and $aban, I'm willing to say that Chizik's start at Auburn was decidedly better than Saban's. I don't think that's debateable. Auburn was ahead in front line talent from when Chizik took over (compared to when Saban took over for Shula), but Bama had more depth. Chizik's first and second years were better than Saban's first or second year respectively. To this point, he's done a better job. At the same time, neither guy is going anywhere fast. There will be plenty of time to compare. Two years is a small sample size.

Until this year, UGA fans had every right to talk down to Auburn. They owned us. Period. It didn't matter if they were up and we were down or we were up and they were down. They still kicked us in the teeth at the end of every season. Now we got a win. We can chirp a little. When Auburn was on our run, Bama had nothing to say except "Can I have another?"

As for Chizik and $aban, I'm willing to say that Chizik's start at Auburn was decidedly better than Saban's. I don't think that's debateable. Auburn was ahead in front line talent from when Chizik took over (compared to when Saban took over for Shula), but Bama had more depth. Chizik's first and second years were better than Saban's first or second year respectively. To this point, he's done a better job. At the same time, neither guy is going anywhere fast. There will be plenty of time to compare. Two years is a small sample size.

I can agree with that :thumbsup:

Making comparisons for the life of the Auburn-bama series isn't meaninful for a lot of reasons. Perhaps most important is the location of the game over the years. Since the game was moved out of Legion Field in bama controlled bammerham, Auburn is way ahead, 12-4, in games played on campus.

You're a year behind, Proud Tiger. Campus games after Legion Field are 13-4 in Auburn's favor now.

If you want to look at the overall picture, here it is from another perspective:

Before Bryant Auburn leads 12-9-1

After Bryant Auburn leads 16-12

The only time that UAT has an advantage is when Bryant was there, at 6-19. History suggests that unless Bahr comes back, Auburn will continue in the driver's seat.

You're a year behind, Proud Tiger. Campus games after Legion Field are 13-4 in Auburn's favor now.

If you want to look at the overall picture, here it is from another perspective:

Before Bryant Auburn leads 12-9-1

After Bryant Auburn leads 16-12

The only time that UAT has an advantage is when Bryant was there, at 6-19. History suggests that unless Bahr comes back, Auburn will continue in the driver's seat.

Well Alabama was 7-3 against Auburn in the 1990s does that mean the Bear was there too? Stats can be twisted for any argument.

And yet, the larger the sample size the more reliable the statistics. So really, the 28-21-1 sample size means a lot more than your twisted numbers. ;)

Well Alabama was 7-3 against Auburn in the 1990s does that mean the Bear was there too? Stats can be twisted for any argument.

Umm ... no. It means the REC was in full blown buying mode and not overly concerned with getting caught. Need proof? Mike Dumbose won an SEC Championship. Nuff said.

Archived