HBO Special Thread (including players debunking their story)

TigerGlide

Current list of players who have publicly denounced the nonsense (30+); yes we're keeping score, let us know if you want your name added to this list...

Devin Aromashodu

Ronnie Brown

Cole Bennett

Kody Bliss

Jason Campbell

Antoine Carter

Cole Cubelic

Karibi Dede

Clinton Durst

Heath Evans

Quentin Groves

Jeremy Ingle

David Irons

Kenny Irons

T.J. Jackson

Andrew McCain

Walter McFadden

Jeris McIntyre

Ben Obomanu

Ryan Pugh

Junior Rosegreen

Rod Smith

Takeo Spikes

Craig Stevens

Ben Tate

Cadillac Williams

Travis Williams

Bailey Woods

Lee Ziemba

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add the Irons brothers to the list. From their father:

Stanley Mclover and any others who make this claim are full of $$$it. I had 2 guys there who played pretty good during their Auburn careers we never got offerd any cash. so there are a lot of NFL stars who played for Auburn that will say the these cats are full of it. All the good out weighs BAD.

Don't be MAD at AUBURN cause you left school early were doing bad in class anyway and your NFL career never went the way you wanted. I told your A$$ to stay in school cause you couldn't play in a 3-4 D

All I can say is MAN up stick with the cards you played and enjoy life.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=7377074&stm=97354971

BTW, on JOX, Q. Groves said he spoke with McClover and SM told him that he (SM) did it for his family...needed HBO to film his camp.

So basically, without "paying" Stanley per se, HBO did give him something of value in return for his interview...exposure for his charity camp. And who's to say that someone not affiliated with HBO but still interested in him getting this out there didn't give Stanley and his camp a donation?

Get your shields ready, Finebaum and the other Bammerham Media are going to be full guns blazing. I'll be glad when all this crap passes.

Quentin Groves will be on Finebaum. I believe he's one of the first segments. Starts at 2pm (about 5 mins from now).

Any way to listen to slimebaum online?

edit - nvm found it

Ziemba Disputes Claims In HBO Show

By Jason Caldwell

Inside the Auburn Tigers

Lee Ziemba, a 2010 All-American offensive tackle who set an Auburn record for the most games started by any player, made it clear he is skeptical of the accusations.

“I started 52 games in the SEC,” Ziemba told Inside the Auburn Tigers on Wednesday. “I was part of a 14-0 national championship team. I played here four years. I walked out the same doors and locker room doors after games that these fellows did. I hung out with them after games.

“I was recruited by the same coaches just as hard as they were, and I didn’t see a dime from anyone--not from a booster, not from the school, not from a fan, not from anybody,” said Ziemba, a high school All-American who had scholarship offers from colleges from around the nation.

“The way I figure it is the guys who are coming out obviously have a bone to pick with the university,” Ziemba adds. “I don’t know why. Maybe they didn’t think they were treated fairly.

“None of this happened,” Ziemba added. “It’s just a story that is going to sell some subscriptions to HBO. That’s all it is.”

Read more: http://auburn.scout.com/2/1060175.html

This will not amount to anything more than broken hearts for the bammers who are praying we get hammered. Someone's getting "paid to say", if not by HBO I think we can guess who ...

Quentin Groves will be on Finebaum. I believe he's one of the first segments. Starts at 2pm (about 5 mins from now).

Any way to listen to slimebaum online?

edit - nvm found it

WJOX

Add Bailey Woods to the list. His dad posted on Rivals and said Bailey was contacted by an HBO interviewer and after a few initial questions asked him if he'd even been paid to pay while at Auburn. When Bailey said "no", the interview ended rather quickly thereafter.

Which goes back a big issue in my mind...how do you fish for comments on pay to play without including dissenting voices...those who claim they weren't paid, didn't see or hear of anyone getting paid, were rooming with and walking through the same lines, shaking the same hands, being recruited by the same guys but say it didn't go down like that?

I have to admit I am pretty impressed with the response from the former players. I was thinking earlier about the "booster" access after games and for as long as I remembered, players came out just like Cole said, a reverse tigerwalk. We used to tailgate with some people in the old baseball parking lot. Right across from the locker room fence entrance. Sometimes players would stop and see people they knew but this was no place for "handshakes". Kids, autographs, back slapping is what went on after games. I would like to hear from players, did boosters have access to inside the locker room? I imagine some may have but so did the press so I can't believe anything went on in the locker room.

As Auburn fans we need to get used to this IMO. There are some "people" that do not believe we belong. "They" will do whatever they can. This also tells me they have given up on "finding" anything with Cam. So they have moved on. If the NCAA were to contact these guys then they have to name names and coaches. I don't believe they can do that. Have $100 handshakes happened in the past? Sure. Will they happen again? Yes. Everywhere.

This will not come across very good nationally in light of the recent issue but these claims are for anywhere of 5 to 10 years ago.

Lastly for those that "hate", if you believe any of this, you have to believe all of it. You have to believe the LSU portion. So if you accuse AU and Tuberville of knowing then you have to accuse LSU and Saban of knowing. You cannot pick and choose what to believe int his story, since there is all heresay.

This is a two edge sword. Remember, Gene Jelks did not happen by accident. Anyone seen Jimmy Johns or DJ Hall lately?

Add Bailey Woods to the list. His dad posted on Rivals and said Bailey was contacted by an HBO interviewer and after a few initial questions asked him if he'd even been paid to pay while at Auburn. When Bailey said "no", the interview ended rather quickly thereafter.

Which goes back a big issue in my mind...how do you fish for comments on pay to play without including dissenting voices...those who claim they weren't paid, didn't see or hear of anyone getting paid, were rooming with and walking through the same lines, shaking the same hands, being recruited by the same guys but say it didn't go down like that?

It would be interesting to know how many total former players they contacted.

Lastly for those that "hate", if you believe any of this, you have to believe all of it. You have to believe the LSU portion. So if you accuse AU and Tuberville of knowing then you have to accuse LSU and Saban of knowing. You cannot pick and choose what to believe int his story, since there is all heresay.

This is a two edge sword. Remember, Gene Jelks did not happen by accident. Anyone seen Jimmy Johns or DJ Hall lately?

WIN

From AuburnRivals Twitter:

University sources confirm that Troy Reddick applied for a Graduate Assistant position at Auburn last year and was turned down.

I really liked when someone said "pay to say". Thats exactly what HBO wants. They wanted to get attention and make a story. So they just went with the program that is ruling college football right now. They could have picked any other school. All the Auburn fanas have already learned their lesson about bull crap stories like this. We know not to believe them.

THIS MEAN WAR! Stick together and build a monster program the likes this state hasn't seen....EVER! :angry:

University sources confirm that Troy Reddick applied for a Graduate Assistant position at Auburn last year and was turned down.

Well, we might have a motive established for him now.

This whole thing just reeks of sour grapes.

Ahh....the last piece. The motivation for the other three I could figure out, but never had a clue why Reddick would be involved. Makes sense now. Oh well, now it's time to sweep this trash into the closet with Eric Ramsey.

The frustrating thing is that anyone outside of the Auburn Family won't have any knowledge of the reasons behind these morons' lies. We're labeled dirty, and this special will only confirm peoples' beliefs even though it's false. People don't critically think anymore, they don't do the research for themselves and believe every spoonful of crap the media puts out there.

Archived