HBO Special Thread (including players debunking their story)

TigerGlide

So we now have, on record, the following players saying they never got paid and this is all bull****:

Lee Ziemba

Ryan Pugh

T.J. Jackson

Jeris McIntyre

Junior Rosegreen

Cole Cubelic

Cole Bennett

Quentin Groves

Takeo Spikes

Jeremy Ingle

Karibi Dede

Travis Williams

Kody Bliss

Walter McFadden

Andrew McCain

And according to an article on Rivals, McIntyre spoke with the following who also said it was crap and players weren't getting paid:

Jason Campbell

Cadillac

Ronnie Brown

Ben Obomanu

Devin Aromashodu

And finally, Stanley's H.S. coach says he's lying.

So can someone explain to me why everyone should treat what the HBO Four say as gospel and the word of these 18+ players and a coach as suspect?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add Quentin Groves to the list:

QuentinGroves52

Quentin Groves

Aftr the HBO special 2nite...I'm hosting a live ustream...exsposing the truth behind this scandal and those involved..tune in 11/10 cst...

I know one thing, the bridges being burned by these four based on what looks to be made up material will haunt them for the rest of their days.

And hey, let's not forget.....three other institutions were implicated here. I'm sure they aren't too happy either.

Given that guys like Jonathan Palmer managed to start and complete an electrical engineering degree, I find it hard to believe that Troy Reddick was told to change his major because it interfered with football. Now, telling him to change his major because he'd chosen one too hard for him and it could put him in academic jeopardy...that makes more sense. But there are plenty of guys on the team with very hard majors that require extra labs and lots of studying that managed to work through it. Not saying this is fact. I don't know his situation. I'm just saying, I don't think it passes the smell test.

It's a con job and I'd like to see a lawsuit out of this for defamation at the end of the day.

It's a con job and I'd like to see a lawsuit out of this for defamation at the end of the day.

Who could sue them though? I mean if they didn't name any names? Can Auburn University sue individuals? That would be interesting. I will say one thing. If I was The powers that be at Auburn I would do everything in my power to make damn sure these guys never step foot on campus again. If I was Jay Jacobs I would make sure that whatever benefits ex-players might get (tickets, access to practice, etc...) was revoked and would for sure ban them from all Auburn athletic complexes.

Who could sue them though? I mean if they didn't name any names? Can Auburn University sue individuals? That would be interesting. I will say one thing. If I was The powers that be at Auburn I would do everything in my power to make damn sure these guys never step foot on campus again. If I was Jay Jacobs I would make sure that whatever benefits ex-players might get (tickets, access to practice, etc...) was revoked and would for sure ban them from all Auburn athletic complexes.

Defamation of the institution and the program. I'm no lawyer and I'm pissed, so it's prob. just me being ill at HBO and the 4 fools.

Lawsuit? If these guys had any money they wouldn't have lied to HBO for a payday. Maybe Auburn could sue HBO, but that's a reach.

There is no money in this one for lawyers, so there will be no ambulance chasers seeking to file a lawsuit. I think we should forget the "sue somebody mentality" over public statements, it's nearly impossible to win and reeks of bammerness.

Lawsuit? If these guys had any money they wouldn't have lied to HBO for a payday. Maybe Auburn could sue HBO, but that's a reach.

There is no money in this one for lawyers, so there will be no ambulance chasers seeking to file a lawsuit. I think we should forget the "sue somebody mentality" over public statements, it's nearly impossible to win and reeks of bammerness.

Now I'm reeking of bammerness......God forbid. :angry:

Wow...even some bammers are a little suspicious....from a bammer board mod/administrator:

Yea I'm kind of with Aubie on this one. I mean who has the most to gain, and lose in this situation? I would say these former players have the most to gain, as I assume there is some money going to them for speaking about this. And who has the most to lose? Auburn. And how is this story being portrayed? Just like that. Coincidence?

If these players were given money then why aren't they naming names? If I was in their position I would remember who and where I got the money. Cole Cubelic was roasting these 4 on 97.7 this morning.

I took a big whiff of this...and got a strong smell of fish with a hint of rotten eggs. Nothing to worry about on yall's side IMO.

Add Cole Cubelic to the list:

Jay G. Tate's twitter:

Former AU center Cole Cubelic: "I started three years at Auburn, captain as a senior, and I didn't get anything in terms of money. I think I'd have known if teammates were getting paid. That's the kind of stuff you'd hear."

I think too highly of real bulls. This whole pile is not bs, it's chicken****. It's not about pay to play, it's about pay to say. True courage and scruples are no where to be found at HBO, by its reporters, or by the talkees. It's all a made-for-tv melodrama.

<_<

Cole Bennett's Twitter

ColeBennett

@AUFAMILY add my name to the list. This is garbage. We never got a dime. I'll try to get on the forums and answer any questions I can.

Thanks for the heads up AUTC. If any one has questions for Cole, post them here...

@finebaum would love to give you my side of the AU story after walking out the same locker room doors after games and being recruited hard

@Ziemba73

RT @AC45AU: I wonder if this would be going on if we didnt win the National Championship!!!<--nope

@TZAC81AU

Reddick's claim about his major mattered more to me than the rest. I'm cynical about money and college sports so a $100 handshake or two wouldn't surprise me (or matter to me), but his claim that coaches were facilitating the payment AND encouraging him to change his schedule is just wrong. I don't believe a word of that. Kendall Simmons literally slept at Biggin Hall when he was getting his graphic design degree. I know because I was there. You're telling me that an All-American is allowed to pull all-nighters during the season, but the coaches told Troy Reddick to make a change? Please. I think someone nailed it when they said he could've been encouraged to change based on academic risk, but no one ever told him to change majors to make his schedule work. That's complete crap.

Archived