HBO Special Thread (including players debunking their story)

TigerGlide

Didn't think about it, but that would definitely be Saban. I believe Stanley was part of the 2004 signing class.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question? Who was coach at LSU when this with on with McClover?

Saaay-bin?

nickchurch.jpg

That's what I was thinking. :roflol:

Wasn't this show supposed to report about other schools too? Are there other players from other schools saying the same thing about their former schools or did this just turn into an Auburn only documentary?

Stanley signed in 2003 with me. His dorm room was next to mine at Sewell Hall. He had no car and and the only clothes he wore were some Auburn issued workout gear and some stuff from a senior bowl he played in. I saw him wear very little personal stuff. Note, his best friend was J. Rosegreen who has stated that he didn't get paid to play. If Stanley had recieved money, then he didn't spend it on anything anyone of us could see and someone who is dumb enough to take cash like that would blow it almost instantly on stupid, very obvious purchases.

As for the handshakes, we all pretty much walk the same path after the game, basically a reverse Tiger Walk. You pass by the basketball parking lot where the big money boosters park their RVs. I've never saw any of them walk up and do anything like a money handshake, and I've walked out with or behind about every player of note from 2003-2007 and never saw anything even remotely suspicious. Unless some of the random 8 year olds were slipping $100s in pockets I'm telling you it didn't happen.

Chaz has an axe to grind, anything he says different is a lie. I played with him and was rehabed by the same training staff that "ended" his career. I broke my ankle and was rehabbed back to 100% and we were both starters when we got injured (not at the same time though).

Troy at one point was majoring in the same thing that J. Palmer got his degree in, Wireless Engineering. So take that for what it's worth.

Stanley signed in 2003 with me. His dorm room was next to mine at Sewell Hall. He had no car and and the only clothes he wore were some Auburn issued workout gear and some stuff from a senior bowl he played in. I saw him wear very little personal stuff. Note, his best friend was J. Rosegreen who has stated that he didn't get paid to play. If Stanley had recieved money, then he didn't spend it on anything anyone of us could see and someone who is dumb enough to take cash like that would blow it almost instantly on stupid, very obvious purchases.

As for the handshakes, we all pretty much walk the same path after the game, basically a reverse Tiger Walk. You pass by the basketball parking lot where the big money boosters park their RVs. I've never saw any of them walk up and do anything like a money handshake, and I've walked out with or behind about every player of note from 2003-2007 and never saw anything even remotely suspicious. Unless some of the random 8 year olds were slipping $100s in pockets I'm telling you it didn't happen.

Chaz has an axe to grind, anything he says different is a lie. I played with him and was rehabed by the same training staff that "ended" his career. I broke my ankle and was rehabbed back to 100% and we were both starters when we got injured (not at the same time though).

Troy at one point was majoring in the same thing that J. Palmer got his degree in, Wireless Engineering. So take that for what it's worth.

Cole - Thank you for standing up like many of your former teammates. War Eagle

Welcome to AUFamily, Cole and thanks for your insight. It's going to take a lot of people like yourself telling the truth to mitigate the damage done by people with ulterior motives. Funny how HBO didn't air any interview stuff from players that played with these guys who are saying what you're saying.

Thanks, Cole. Welcome to the AUF! War Eagle!

This just brings us closer together, but it doesn't make it easy to swallow.

This. Along with TJ Jackson's quote about All-americans not getting extra benefits.

Thank you, Cole, and WAR EAGLE.

I'll tell you something. I am VERY dissapointed in Scarbo this morning for that bull**** he put up on al.com. I have about as much respect for him as I do PF now. All he accomplished with that article was stirring up the pot of necktard bama fans. Those guys are 100% sure that we are going down. I am glad I am a resonable, responsible adult.... Otherwise there might be some loudmouthed inbred rednecks with black eyes! :puke:

And Jeremy Ingle:

(from Jay Tate's Twitter feed:

Jeremy Ingle, former AU center: "I felt like we ran a clean program. We were all broke. I was driving the nicest car and I was a walk-on."

If Stanley McClover was getting paid at AU why the hell did he leave? Because he sure didn't stay in the NFL long enough to make any money.

Unless some of the random 8 year olds were slipping $100s in pockets I'm telling you it didn't happen.

This is the golden quote of the whole event. Thanks Cole! Welcome to AUFamily and thanks for taking time to come here and for your effort as a Tiger. War Eagle.

PM:

I have a DVD copy of the HBO show that will air tonight. I'm about to watch it. It's a one-hour show, though I'm told the first segment isn't specifically about Auburn. Stay tuned for details of what is said.

Cole, welcome to AUFAMILY. Thank you for standing up for Auburn and the rest of your teammates and debunking the myth from these select few. Post often.

Archived